Travelling to Zim on passport expiring in 5 months time
  • Hi
    I am Zimbabwean based in the UK with 'Indefinite Leave to Remain' travelling to Zim in December. My passport expires in 5 months time. Will I be ok to and from Zim? As I read you say UK has no problem with the valid visa, but will Zim let me return? Am scared having already purchased all my stuff and ready to board the plane!!!
  • I am not an expert on passport regulations, but I also travel on a UK Passport having been a Zimbabwean all my life. If you are using your British passport then obviously Zimbabwe does not allow dual Citizenship, and will therefore not acknowledge any previous Zim citizenship, so unless you have a valid Zimbabwe residents stamp in your British passport you will considered an ALIEN by Zim immigration. Which is not a problem it just means that you will have to purchase a Visa at the border or airport when you arrive. Single entry for British passports is US$55 and double entry is US$70. You will normally be given a 30 day entry visa, but sometimes they do give more. Annoying having to buy a visa into your own country, but that's just the way it is.

I am presuming that you have been out of the country for a couple of years in which time your residence will have lapsed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged