Internet access in Cuba - internet cafes in Cuba
  • Hello. Is there internet access in Cuba, is it easy to get access to an internet cafe, do hotels have internet access or better still wifi. Are there any restrictions? I need to do some work while I am on holiday in Cuba. Thanks,
  • Hello Lucille,

You can take your laptop to Cuba without complications, but connecting it to the internet is difficult. If you want to access your email at your hotel, you'll have to use computers at its business center. Rates per hour vary between 5.00 and 10.00 CUC (Cuban Convertible Pesos). All internet access is limited to dial-up connection speeds.

Please, visit our website http://www.authenticubatours.com for further information. Sections FAQ and Travel Formalities.
  • Here are all the WiFi locations that I'm aware of. There's likely a few new places that I don't know about yet, a new one turns up every few months.

Cost ranges from 6 - 12 CUC/hour. A couple of places offer it free to guests. Generally the resorts will not allow you on the property to access the WiFi, but no problems in any of the Havana hotels. Speed is still verrrrrry slow - reconfigure your browser and email settings accordingly.

Most hotels have a couple of very slow computers available. If there's no WiFi you can't connect directly with your own laptop.

Bottom line: Cuba is still in the dark ages for Internet, it's WAY worse than almost any other resort destination in the world so it is NOT a good place to cyber-commute.

=========================

HAVANA

1.) Hotel Chateau, Miramar.
    2.) Melia Cohiba, Vedado.
    3.) Melia Habana, Miramar.
    4.) Montehabana, Miramar.
    5.) NH Parque Central, Vieja.
    6.) Panorama, Miramar.
    7.) Saratoga, Vieja.
    8.) Occidental Miramar, Miramar.
    9.) Sevilla Hotel, Vieja.
    10.) National, Vedado.

VARADERO

1.) Sandal Royal Hicacos
    2.) Barcelo Solymar
    3.) Iberostar Varadero

SANTIAGO

1.) Melia Santiago

GUARDALAVACA

1.) Paradisus Rio de Oro

TRINIDAD

1.) Grand Hotel

Cheers,
    Terry

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged