Lagos scams: pta,bta,mias
  • do not be fooled by a woman going by the name of paula wilson. i myself was taken for $550. and would have been more if i did not look into lagos nigeria airports. my story is the same as previous encounters. claimed to have unpaid hospital bills, said they were christian. were not bein fed. promises of love and a better life. and of course the BTA come into play. my the good lord show no mercy on their pitiful souls.
  • I just received an email from a Alex O Joseph (happyalex1966@yahoo.com) who after more than a week of sending emails (after meeting on singleparents.com website) requesting funds in the amount of $775.00 for PTA (Passenger Travelers Allowance) per his 5 year old daughter, Riley was severely burnt after falling onto gas cooker and it catching fire. After googling his information Alex O Joseph Victoria, Lagos 23401 Nigeria I came across this website. Thank you to the person who first posted this scam artist. In return, I will post, as well.
  • Hi every body ,

Some one asked about any news for this e-mail : Gonzalezfrancesc@yahoo.com , i know him , and I want to share my information . please get in touch with me by my e-mail : Roshanak5959@yahoo.com ,
    Looking forward to hear about that soon .
  • Hi everyone i have just read all the comment's on here and i don't know what to believe anymore myself...I know couple of man there in Lagos Nigeria and they have been there for 4 and 5 yrs now and they keep saying they need more money because the ppl at the airport won't let them on the plane without so much money and i try to tell my future husband that it is a scam and he tell's me no it's not and i said well if u don't believe me then u look it up yourself...so far i havn't heard from him yet today.....If anyone can help the american's with this bigggg scam's please do so...There are so many american's who have been trying to come home but when they get there ticket's something always comes up...I can give u one-this guy i know but not real good but i know it is true but here it is anyway's-this guy was on his way to the airport and the cab driver hit a pole and the funny thing is that this cab driver take's the same turn everyday so how can that be accident????? So please if anybody know's thing's like this please feel free to get with me michellisdeansbaby_247@yahoo.com.....I am sooo tired of the lie's and game's that the people there in Nigeria are doing to the american's, it would be great if they can be home for Christmas and start a new year in the good...Sorry i didn't explain real good on this but i do feel this is alll a scam what they are doing there in Nigeria......Thanks
  • Hi everyone, I just talk to my future husband and he tell's me that he talk to a person who works at the airport and tell's him that he does need $8000.00 to get on the plane and the funny thing is that he already got his ticket, so is this a real scam about needed this kind of amount just to get on the plane???? I feel like all this is soooo stupid about needed alot of money just to get back in the Unilted States. Some people tell me that it's the government there in Nigeria and some people saying that it isn't the government doing so who should i believe? The way i look at it is that if you show proof that you are a american they should allow you to come back....I feel that the people are just beening noseing about the american's don't know but i also feel that if Nigeria know's you got alot of money on hand they can try to rob you or get someone else to do knowing that you are going back to the USA....So please let us all know about this thing that you have to have money just to get on the plane........Thanks
  • Hi mimi, that's definitely a scam.
    Your future husband doesn't need the cash at the airport. Especially if he's already got his ticket and visa to enter the United States. The only time you would need to prove sufficient funds is during the visa application process with the US Embassy, you do not need to show the money at the airport and you are certainly not advised to carry that amount of cash with you anywhere.
    In an age of credit cards and international bank cards requiring people to carry cash is very rare. I would not trust the people telling you you need to have $8000 - it's a scam.
  • I was scam as well by this person Richard oneil who clam he is a civil engineer working on project in Ibadan,Oyo .He state that he have just completed a Federal project,he ran out of money cause he pay his worker for this project he don't have his fare back to the USA. I send him money i sense that this wasn't right but he said it wasn't; He stated that his driver Adeleke,Opeyemi would go to the Western Union and get the money BIG Scam. Please reware of this Scam. Sign NMM
  • I started with a Richarddave14@yahoo.com a couple of months ago, met him on a dating site, engineer from Scotland, got a contract job in Nigeria. One of the workers got hurt, needs money to pay hospital bill, doctors won't treat him until they get money, every scenario he has come up with reads like chapter and verse in the scammers webpage. Long story short i fell for it and got scammed for $1600 and he is still trying to get BTA's fee again, he is relentless, I have tried to get rid of him several times but he won't go. Ladies beware of richarddave14@yahoo.com
  • I feel that I need help also because I met a man on Bikerornot site whom was from Boston. He said he was an architect working a job in Germany. Lost his wallet which had charge cards/bank card and that needed money until job check arrived. He emailed me a copy of passport and check from the company he did the work but did not want to cash check there because he would have to pay German taxes and then US taxes too. He had problems in Germany so now in Lagos asking for more money to get him back to the US. His name is Alexander Eddie Michael(alex114us@yahoo.com) I do not know what to believe anymore.
    Help(yellowrose99tx@yahoo.com) He still talks to me daily had to sell computer for money he said. If Prince1 would please reply I would appreciate and anyone else.
  • i have been talking to this guy for almost a year...he lives in uk but is in nigeria visiting his mother. i don't know what to think about him, he asked me for 200 to add to what he has for his plane ticket to visit me here and then he is headed back to uk...does anybody know this email address: james_olanrewaju10@yahoo.com; if any of you have talked to him before please let me know before i make a mistake. i told him i did not have it and he said he understands, but i got a strange feeling for the first time about this.
  • Hello,

I am glad to find this website and to read all of your comments. I want to share my story with all of you, who either is a victim of a Nigeria scam or not. I am almost the victim of ID theft and/or Nigerian scam since Nov 2010 (I still do not know what that Nigerian guy, named Bryan Bathern, will do with my personal data info. I already reported that incident to all my financial firms, SSA, Dept of Motor Vehicle, Federal Trade Commission, and local police, and credit bureaus, right after the day I received the last email from him that asked me for money. They help to step up better security and fraud alert flags on all my accounts for me. I also called Ireland embassy, USA embassy and UK embassy about that guy, and was told that there is no person named Bryan Bathern!

Only local police and FTC did not do much, because I am told that the crime has not happened yet! Maybe it is too early ...

I, at first, was shocked to find out that Bryan Bathern turns out to be a fake; for example, he claimed to be Irish-Italian oil and gas engineer, who grew up in Dublin, Ireland. He also claimed to live in Miami, Florida with a work visa for three years. How did I figure out? Well, here is my story panning out...

I almost fell for one scam just recently after that fake guy, named Bryan Bathern, found me and emailed me via online dating site, called Spark.com last Nov. 2010 I was, at first, excited about him, who was a real good, charming, smooth email writer, but I had no idea that he is a Nigerian scammer. We exchanged emails for two months - our work, and my birthplace- nothing real personal information, yet.. One day, I emailed him that today was my birthday (my mistake). He asked me for my home address, so he said that he will send me a special birthday gift. He seemed genuine, honest enough for me to give him my home address, my mobile and landline phone numbers and email address (yes, I was stupid to give him that info). All his emails seemed so convincing that all ladies would love to hear. He said that he had to go to Nigeria for an oil business for 2 weeks as of Dec 4th and will come back to USA after the oil deal is done. Then I emailed back telling him that Nigeria is one of the most dangerous countries to visit or do business. I also told him that I know something about Nigeria scams. He was kind of cool about this - that made me wonder... He said that he would love to fly out to California to see me for Christmas, and asked me the name of nearest local airport. I had not heard anything from him for a week - that made me scratch my head as well ... After Christmas day, I received his email (the last one) telling me that he was robbed of his belongings on the way to the airport in Lagos, Nigeria, was injured, and ended up in the hospital for his health problems. Then he said that he begged the doctor to borrow his laptop to communicate with me, because his own laptop was stolen (?), so he asked me for $1000 for his hospital bill and reschedule of his flight back to USA. He declared his strong love for me. (oh, really, why did he ask me for money in the first place?)

I was so so so mad at him for telling me all lies! That was how I figured out that he turned out to be a Nigerian native or scammer! I did NOT give or send him any one penny. I emailed back to him that he should contact his embassy for cash emergency, not me! I was surprised that he stopped contacting me after I told him what I know about him as a Nigerian scammer. It has been more than a month now. Now, Prince 1, he has my personal data info, and I am kind of worried and scared, if he might find a way to get me for money. He seemed to control my life since Nov 2010, but I try my best not to let him ruin my life. Can you give me advice of how I can report him to some higher authority other than local police and FBI? I am curious about tracing his IP address - how to trace that?

Please Be warned, all of you, to be more careful with these kind of scammers, who talk or email good to make you to fall in love with them, and later ask for money. Their pictures are all fake - I mean it is very easy to copy any pictures of good-looking or beautiful persons online. I am glad to get out of the whole joke. I think I'll be better off being a single until a right man comes along in person. Good luck...
  • People please, i know love is a very sensitive feeling but at the same time its good to be very observant. I am a Nigerian living in Lagos, and I am proud to be a Nigerian. My country has a population of about 150 million people so you can expect to have an handful of bad eggs in that, but that doesn't mean that we are all bad people.
    Falling into a ditch might be allowed but falling into it with both eyes closed is totally out of this world, i am not blaming anybody for falling in love and for being so caring but please be guided in what ever action you are taking.
    The bottom line is DO NOT SEND ANY BODY MONEY FOR ANYTHING, NO MATTER HOW TOUCHING THE STORY MIGHT BE.
    If you are into a relationship of that sort presently, demand for video evidence of the person's existence and of any sad story he might bring up. No body can love you as you would love yourself, so always look out for your best interest first, DO NOT ALLOW YOURSELF TO BE SCAMMED.

i can not really say enough.
  • I have been talking to a person that found me on match.com. Has any man ever heard of Josephine Cole. Josephinecole197999@yahoo.com if you have I would appreciate a comment back. Parents died at age 16 now in Lagos age 35 living with grandma. Parents were killed in a car crash Jeff Cole mother Omotola Cole sound familiar I dont know?????
  • Please BEWARE of a man calling himself Mathew Greg. He is a scammer. He talks sweet nothings to you while scammer you for everything you are worth. Using the bta crap to get money. Said his son died and he buried him in a bush...go figure.
  • Well, good to see that i am not alone. I signed up for Spark.com to check it out for the "new year". After lots of IM. These are two men everyone should stay away from BRUCE MARK - from Jacksonville FL and JANNICK J MOGENS from London. Both say to have lost their wife to an accident or heart attack. Both turn out to have business in Nigeria and one lost his wallet and the other cant use credit cards in the city he is in. Bruce is a "soccer agent" and uses information from FIFA (world soccer league) and Jannick is a building engineer. Both say they have money and both needed me to send it.. I am flat broke so they were out of luck. I called the American Embassy in Nigeria told them both stories and the confirmed it was a scam. There is no such thing as a BTA. The embassy looked up both names/date of birth/age for me and found that there have never been passports issued in those names. The FBI does have a task force to shut these type of people down. Here is the site.. http://www.ic3.gov. My call to the American Embassy in Nigeria was all i lost... If you have heard from these two... we should compare notes.. if you know of other names. let me know... cdena@rocketmail.com.thanks. Back to the drawing board...
  • well well, after reading through and show that there is a scammer. Fortunately I am not alone.
    I have several times refused to send money, but it always pops up and they do not give up until they get the money.

we are ourselves together and get more out of names (even if they are fake or real?
    we must stop this madness.
  • Is there anyone who can help answer that question? Need a good description what it means "basic travel allowance".
    Became acquainted with a man and he comes from America and will travel to Europe. He says that he needs BTA to travel. Want me to send $ 2,000 via MoneyGram. I hope there is someone who can answer it?
    Is it scam or honest?
  • I was sent a message on singleparentsmeet.com by alex jospeh. His email is happyalex1966@gmail.com. I did give him my personal email and recieved an email from him. Just like the rest of you, he has a daughter named Riley. I found the email a little too informative for a first one and to protect myself, I googled him. Couldn't find anything from where he said he was from, etc. I searched him the next day on singleparentsmeet.com to find he was no longer on the website. That's when i figured it was a scam. I reported it to singleparentmeet.com, but I also sent him an email stating I thought it was a scam and I wanted more identifying information to verify it wasn't. I plan to use whatever information I recieve against him. Anyone know who we can report this guy to?
  • I am asking for Prince 1 to contact me for more help in trying to see whom besides the FBI do I need to contact to report Alex Michael as a scammer whom is now in Lagos but started in Germany. I am also a retired Army person that can't afford to lost my saving. Please contact me a (yellowrose99tx@yahoo.com)
  • I too received the same email from Alex O. Joseph on singleparentsmeet.com. He had the same email and IM information; happyalex1966@gmail.com and happyalex196644 for yahoo instant messaging. He talked to me for about a week before he asked me for money. He said his internet would be cut off and he wouldn't be able to talk to me all weekend. He also said he would pay me back double the amount the following Monday. I got the same sad story of his wife dying from breast cancer three years ago and he has a five year old daughter named Riley. He even sent a few pictures to my personal email address. I told him that I had a really good friend who was from Nigeria and that I hadn't heard good things about the place. He said he was only there to work as a building contractor for a few weeks and the he was from South Bend, Indiana. If you watch the grammar and English verbiage carefully, you can tell that he is not from the United States. I told him that I suspected he wasn't from the US and he offered to scan his passport to me. I declined but I did get all the information on where I should 'send his money'. I reported him to the authorities with all of his information. If anyone can tell you they are in love with you after 2 days and want to marry you after 4 days then something is definitely wrong! He is the biggest loser I have ever met and thank goodness I did not send him money. I reported him on every web site I could find him on. I hope this helps someone else not to become a victim.
  • Im a victim of scam in nigeria by the name of a man 42yrs old names: larry james kanas claims hes stuck in nigeria and is an architec from manhatten ny. Son 7yrs name josh . Hes claims to love me and wants to marry me and be a happy family he claims to be a man of god he knows the word and he uses it in wheres your faith we have talked since nov 18 2010 christmas he was supposed to come like a fool i sent him 150.00 dollars so he books his flight sent me the flight so i thought looks legit . Then a few weeks later right before comming for christmas he tells me hes short on bta of 250.00 dollars so i being in love with him i sent it he rescheduled his flight for march 6,2011.
    He - mailed me the times dates and terminals where i needed to pick his son and him up well to come to this he got to londond he e-mails me that there was a terrorist act in london and not knowing i called british airlines and never was a larry j kanas nor son josh kanas on that flight and that flight came in on time to lax los angeles brought all this up to him and he denied it . Then to come to this he needed a document to prove to london airlines that he was a worker in nigeria so they sent him back to nigeria to take care of this and he spent 100.00 on hotel stay which i belive it would be more than that for more than a week . So we talked every night and every morning went through new years my birthday valentines day and then instead of leaving me stranded at the lax airport he called me and told me he needed 200.00 dollars more because he lost his flight to lax so he have to reinstate the flight. Has their ticket for months and the documents to prove he worked there was 70.00 so now total that he need for the bta is 370.00 i havent sent it im a godly women with faith love and hope that hes been honest with me .
    Hes had me set our wedding date and our move to ny. Promissing me the world and now since he hasnt made the first flight and there is no such a thing of bta hes still insiting that hes will need the 370.00 to get to me alls done and we can be a happy family . Well my heart is broken ive bee talking to him and its like it all about larry and what he needs not about us . I love him with my whole heart mind body and soul and i prayed about all this but im a single mom 3 and im not a bank but hes so convincing smooth he seranade online he calls me all the time .but i met him in myspace seems myspace is where ive met a few scammers mike cole dennis smith larry kanas kevin glaser george washington all wanting money ... These are men that are all in nigeria ghana and maylasia ive only blessed kevin once and has not asked since he sent flowers but larry is so convincing and real he swears on his life and his sons but the first time the terrorist and calling the airport id be a fool to send the 370.00 this time . Larrykanas yahoo.com slips up like possibly hes a women not a man but end this hes easy to fall in love with and so smooth and ive talked to josh a few times briefly but i asked to talk to him again recently always to busy now he cuts me short always late comming keeping me waiting i believe he knows im on to him god bless you all there is no such thing is a bta if anyone would know is the airline would he said its an imagration thing so he calls me as hes on the phone with imagration and they take of 50.00 dollars and said that he can get on the plane this is all a game to play with your mind and emotions. This is all i have to say 5 months of love that isnt going to happen in reality . Pls on my space doesnt respond uless you tell him to same with fb and yahoo. Messenger .make you a private page just for us . Then i looked my name up and i have at least 3face books with no info about me they use them to get you info . And you look like a scammer. His picture is of and american white man but voice is of a black nigerian man hes says his drivers name is ekeinde raphael to send the money to him total he got out of me was $585.00 . And keeps spending the bta money the amount just gets bigger each time now needs $370.00
    ladys no such thing of bta be aware of this . God will see their punished for there lies and stealing and lies im done here no more a couple stories her are very similar to mine .sincerly broken hearted :(
  • I think I've being scammed, and I want to know if anyone in here har heard of James (Jimmy, Jim) Robbinson and his daughter Matyr Jane. James turned 53 yesterday, and his daughter is 23. He picked me up on FB, and since I didn't think anyone would scam me in there, I began chatting and mailing with him. He called me, and his daughter called me too. I've been writing with both of them for almost four weeks now.
    He's from LA, and his daughter is studying in Manchester. He visited her, and called me from an English phone, and after a few days he had to go to Nigeria to do a job. He was to stay there for a week, and then he would come and visit me (in Norway)
    I thought it would be nice if his daughter could come too, so I invited her. That's when I should have been suspicious, cause she asked me for money for the ticket. I would get the money back from her dad, she said.
    I had no money to send her, because my salary was late, and so I told her, and then she was so sad, and made me feel bad. James/Jimmy/Jim couldn't come and visit me after all, because he had to stay to see too an engine he had been working on. He had to see that it worked, before he left, so he wouldn't have to go back to that country.
    Last night he celebrated his birthday, and today I got a textmessage on the phone, telling me he was beaten and robbed on his way to the hotel last night. At the same time I got an e-mail from his beloved Matty, that she was desperat to get hold of her father so he could pay her rent and bills.....He texted me, to ask me if I could tell Matty that there was nothing wrong with him, but he was not able to answer her calls.
    Up to that point I didn't suspect a thing...but that was a little to much....especially when he told me that his wallet was gone, and his card was gone, but that was a card he couldn't use down there anyway....He wrote a lot of bullshit, and contradicted himself, and at the same time he wouldn't answer me on some very simple questions....
    The bell finally rang, and I thought of googling Lagos scams....
    I haven't been paying him anything yet, but he has my phonenumber, name and adress, and I hope he's not able to use that to harm me. I feel like a total fool, but I'll recover. I just won't believe in men anymore....This was my first contact with a man for 4 years...*lol*
    He has two different e-mails, and his daughter has one. They are jamesrobbinson79@yahoo.com j.robbinson@live.com and his daughter is matr_robbins@yahoo.com
    He doesn't know I've busted him, and I'm going to let him taste his own medicine now....He offered to assist me with money, and I said no the first time....I think I'll ask him later on tonight...*lol* I don't think his answer will come as a surprise....do you?
  • Alguem ouviu falar de johnsonbrown12@hotmail.co.uk
  • I was on a dating site. Met girl that was from Hollywood Florida. Name of Laura Reed. Artist, been in ikeja Nigeria for 4 months. Wanted out, promised me the world. Needed 600 dollarsfirst time. Next day needed another 1100dollars like a dummy I sent it. Next day needed 800 dollars for Bta haven,t sent it and after reading all about it won,t Thank you for saving this much of my hard earned money. snowdenbud@hotmail,com
  • I busted James really good, and wrote it on his Facebook profile, and it turns out he's a very bad looser. He keeps sending meg textmessages on the phone, telling me all sorts of bad things...I'm a hore, I'm old, I'm a Tomboy (which I am, but he think that means lesbian, hehehe), I'm a gold digger, I'm ugly and so on. He's trying so hard to offend me, but he's not able to. I don't care what he calls me. He's just a poor black man, sitting at some warm, messy desk, trying to scam people.
    I really feel sorry for him....NOT
    He just tried to call me, but I've decided not to answer him. Not by text, not by phone, not by anything.
    All I lost was a little bit of my pride, thank god, so no wonder he's mad *lol*
    Beware ladies....I'm sure he's going to continue scamming people. That's the only thing he's good at.
    I'm going on with my life, and puts this on my account for bad experiences. Good luck out there. :-)
  • Loppass - nice one, well done for exposing this fraud here. I hope others learn from your experience and avoid enriching these filthy scammers anymore!!
  • Thank you DavidF.
    "James" had this "daughter" called Matty, and she wanted to get to know my children. She wrote a mail to the youngest of my daughters, and today my daughter wrote her an answer....I love it, and I'm going to share it with you, so here it is....
    Just remember she was angry on my behalf when she wrote it...Hope there are only adults in here, hehehe....

How to scam a person WITHOUT being caught :

1. Learn how to write in english ! If you didn`t pay enough attention at school...well...then GET SOMEONE CLEVER ENOUGH TO WRITE FOR YOU!
    2. HIDE your friendlist on Facebook ! Then you might not get caught by having several victims on the same list who can communicate !
    3. Do NOT brag about your wealth and THEN ask for money. Take small babysteps,and don`t overdo your income. That will ALSO bust your asses!
    4. Your "Miami Vice pictures from the 80`s" are NOT hot enough to use as profilepics if you are looking for MANY victims. The more the merrier, right??
    5. And please, show a little respect to the ones that actually HAVE lost their parents ! Because, no matter how many things I can learn you about scamming people;
    One day, your day will come (today) , and you WILL get busted (like you just did) ! And then it`s a fat chance that your OWN children will end up as orphans !

I feel sorry for you,because I can imagine how poor you brown dirty slaves are !

Unfortunately I can`t share my wealth with you, sorry, cause my money feels better off with my grandmas smelly shit on it !
    Also, my mom is pretty wealthy. So it`s a shame you didn`t learn the rules before you played the game, cause if you did, then you COULD have been able to
    hit jackpot !

But I guess black slaves aren`t that smart !?
    I suggest you stick to stealing purses and lollipops, at least then you won`t get that dissapointed. ;-D
    (And maybe you`ll avoid frenchkissing a newpolished Colt...you never know,do you?)

Pray to God that none of your victims will rip you a new blowhole! I personally hope someone does !

Love, Mr Smith & Mrs Wesson !
  • im glad i hit this site. i to am involved with a female claiming shes from the UK been in nigeria for 3yrs for schooling.been chatting for 4 weeks second wk she said she needed 200usd for some midical release to come see me in the staates the 3rd week i had a actual call from some one posing as a manager for murtala airport sayin she needed170 usd for a police report bfore she could leave now 4th week same man calls and says she needs &)) for a BTA then she can leave .doese any one have any info about a perso on a visa from the uk needs a bta ,medical release or a police report before they can leave .she says she allready has her tickets rederected oh and the she wanted 170 for the traveel agent..PLEASE HELP
  • To kb 1968...
    This is a scam, so don't send her any money. You'll only loose them. As soon as you send some, she'll ask for more. I didn't know that $100 was worth as much in Nigeria as they are, but it's like a months salary to them, so every dollar they can lure out of others are a bonus. The man I had contact with bragged about being able to buy both a house and a car for that kind of money. He got no money from me, and as soon as he realized that, the bragging started.
    Listen to me kb 1968, and don't believe her... You'll never see neither your money nor her again...
  • BACK IN MAY OF 210 I MET A MAN HIS NAME IS DENNISSMITH44@YAHOO.COM HE WAS BEGGING AND CALLING ME TO GET HIM AND SON HOME SONS NAME JOHN 7YRSOLS GOT SICK AND NEEDED MONEY THEN TO FIND OUT MONTHS LATER HIS SON JOHN DIED AND HE CONTACTED ME AGAIN TO HELP GET HIM HOME WITH THE DEAD BODY HE WOULD CALL ME FOR DAYS I JUST LET IT GO I KNEW HE WAS TRYING TO SCAMM ME BUT HE INSISTED HE WAS TELLING ME THE TRUTH I NEVER SENT ANYTHING THEN JUST RECENLY IN NOV 2010 THIS MAN NAME LARRYKANAS@YAHOO.COM SON NAME JOSH 7YRS OLD FROM NY. MANHATTEN THE SAME STORY WIFE IN ACCIDENT AND WELL AS DENNISSMITHS STORY WAS THE SAME DIDNT QUITE CATCH ON UNTIL HE CALLED ME SAME VOICE I KNEW THAN WHAT WAS GOING ON LIKE I SAID IN MY LAST POST HE GOT 585.00 OUT OF ME BUT NOW HES ANGRY AND FURRIOUS WITH ME HE DUMPED ME AND SAID HE DIDNT NEED ME ANYMORE HE MET SOME LADY IN FLORIDA 40 YRS OLD WELL GOD HELP HER HE CLAIMS TO BE A MAN OF GOD READS HIS BIBLE MORNING AND NIGHT OK WELL THE DEVIL KNOWS GODS WORD . WELL HE CLAIMS TO BE BACK IN NY MAHATTEN AND HAPPY NOW . WELL HE ALSO BROUGHT UP THAT A EKEINDE RAPHAEL DRIVER STOLE MONEY TO GET HIM HOME AND INSISTED THAT I AS OF THAT DAY TO START PAYING HIM BACK NOT MY SIN TO PAY A THEIF BACK AND HE CALLS HIMSELF A MAN OF GOD . THEN WISHES DEATH ON ME HMMM WELL CALL ME NAMES FOR SHOWING THE LOVE OF GOD TO HIM AND JOSH WELL NOW HES OUT THEIR SCAMMING OTHERS AND I HOPE ONE OF YOU KNOW HIM AND WE KEEP SPREADING THE TRUTH ABOUT HIM A MIKE COLE A CHARLES SLAY SO FAMILAR HERE WITH THAT ONE SOLOMI THE WHOLE ARCHETECH WIFE DIES IN ACCIDENT AND SON JOSH THEN TO THE END OF IT ALL HE COMES ON ONE NIGHT AND TELLS ME MY ONLY WAY OUT IS TO PAY BACK THE DRIVER TO PROVE MY LOVE TO HIM AND THN HE AND I CAN MOVE ON AS HUSBAND AND WIFE YEA RIGHT HES A SCAMMER AND HE PREYS ON SINGLE WOMEN WITH KIDS I NEVER SENT HIM ANOTHER DIME . DELETED HIM AND AND BLOCKED HIM TOLD HIM I WAS UNDERCOVER INTERNET COP TO HAVE HIM LEAVE ME ALONE AS WELL AS A UNCLE THAT IS A ATTORNEY AND I HAVE POLICE ATHOURITY IN THE FAMILY NEVER HEARD ANYTHING ELSE SINCE THERYR IS A KGLASER79@YAHOO.COM 56YRS OLD AS WELL I BELIEVE MAY BE THE SAME MAN DIFFERENT NAMES ...COUGHT HIM IN USA ONLINE DATING AND OTHERS 3 OR 4 DIFFERENT PROFILES HE CLAIMS TO BE FROM FLORIDA BUT IN NY AS WELL GOD REVEALED IT ALL IVE TALKED TO HIM OVER 10 MONTHS NOW HORRIBLE THEN I EXPOSED THIS ALL TO HIM AND HE SAID HE WAS IN GHANA AND HIS SON DIED AS WELL TO FIND OUT IN THE DATING SERVICE HES GOT A SON AS FEB 16,2011 WOW DATING SERVICE GERMANY LOOK IN GOOGLE NY GOOGLE FL UNDER KEVINGLASER ITS ALL THERE AT LEAST 10 DIFFERENT DATING SERVICES
    WHERE A REAL MAN THESES DAY I JUST HAD TO GIVE THIS INFO AND GOD REVEAL THE TRUTH TO THESE WOMEN AND MEN SO THEY DONT GET TAKEN LIKE I DID AND THIS ALL NEEDS TO END BEWARE OF FB AS WELL EKEINDE RAPHAEL AND LARRY KANAS ARE IN THERE AS WELL AS KEVIN GLASER EMPTY PAGES NO FRIENDS STARTS IN MYSPACE TO YAHOO MESSENGER THEN FB WHO KNOWS WHERE ELSE THEY GET MEAN AND UGLY NOTHING TO DO WITH LOVE ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY .ITS BETTER TO MEET SOMEONE FRIENDS THAT YOU KNOW THAN TO GET SCAMMED HERE ON THE INTERNET GOD BLESS YOU ALL AND BE SAFE OUT THERE HEARTBROKEN
  • I think that I have been scammed, for sure once Tola was her name from nigeria when it came to the flight she wanted more money as she was trapped in holland (think it was at the time) reported her. second was someone recently named Tyra Rose and Robert Hewitt both from america she wanted to marry me have kids etc etc initially wanting £270 from me which I was little bit unsure about at first but I was not gonna hear the end of it. so I handed over the money for my half of her travel her uncle (robert hewitt) was gonna pay the other half virtually with her putting in £70 then today I get asked for bta which I had not even heard of mum found this link for here and that is it, I don't know why I am one of those people who is easily caught out by these people? what am I saying to get these people who thinks it is right to keep doing this thing it's wrong
  • pleae be careful of using this so call 100% real company/business
    due too
    1I have googled them and have found no information on there service
    2 They them self have stated they do not have a website (what company/business works on a email address along)
    3 I can not find anything in the VAT/business registered in the UK under this name (if they are a 100% real business/company they would have to have a VAT Number)

If any one else can verify this company I will be happy to look into using there service but in the mean time Im steering clear!
  • Angeleyess,

Please do not mix things up. I havent mentioned in any correspondence that we are a Company registered in the UK. I only mentioned domain name is, and you can look it up. yes i told you that we haven't built a website for the domain name, but use it for email. The information is correct. I told you our Company is registered in Nigeria and i gave you the Registration number.

If you are still in doubt, use a payment protection service such as paypal or escrow.com to pay should you decide to use our service, which means you have control over your money until we complete your work satisfactorily. Only then should you release payment if using escrow.

We look forward to providing you our verification service.

kind regards,

Olufemi.
  • I am glad i came to this site. I met this guy on a dating site. I have been involved with this one guy that claimed he was from Tampa, Florida and has a home there and one in Canada. He told me he wanted to come to me here and that we would make a life for ourselves and be happy. Two days before he was to fly out here he told me that he had a great opportunity to go to Nigeria to work on computers over there. Now he is saying that he is broke and can't feed his dog or himself and wants to come back to the United States and needs 217.00 dollars in order to send me his money orders so i can send it back to him by western union. And then will need 250.00 dollars for the BTA. I have not sent him anything and am not stupid enough to do that. I have been thru to many scams where they would send me a money order to cash and then take it to western union to send it back to them. The last one i got i took to the bank and had it checked out because i knew that it was no good and they took a copy of it and then sent me to the police. I have reported him to the people on the dating site that i was on and they deleted him completely so that no one else can get scammed by him but knowing him he will have a different name and try it again. Please, please if anyone that is reading this if you get someone that says they are from someplace in the United States and all of a sudden they are going over to Africa or any other country to work for a company from here and now they want to come back and can't get the money do not fall for this. All it will do is deplete your money and you not getting any of it back.
  • I've too been scammed for 1000.00 thinking I've met a really great guy who pretended to be the best friend I've ever had. I've been reading all these comments and stories about nigerians and can't believe people can be so cruel to do this. Beware cuz they can come right at your when u are down and are there too confort you by sending u sweet emails saying they love you and want to spend the rest of their life w u. Its all lies. I'm ashamed and crazy to fall for something like this. Then he emails me telling he needed to pay for BTA (basic traveling allowance) and wanted to send him $450.00 to come meet me personally. So I've finally put my foot down and said NO! Now he hasn't contacted me but left me heart broken. I'm glad I've dis site to read about nigerians. Hope god can punish these people who rob us out of our money. I thought I was doing a good deed.
  • Hi everyone,

Here\'s a link to our guide on how to spot Online Scams and how to avoid them.
  • Wow, I'm so glad I found this site. I too have been misled several times... on no occassion didI give up any money... but let me fill you in. I signed up for a dating site end of March 2011, and one of the matches contacted said he thought I was dropdead georgous and could be chat... well who wouln'y right? Anyway he said he ( Michael Warner - Key West, Fl) was on a job in West Africa and could I contact him on his yahoo adress, I was reluctant at first but then said why not... well several weeks later he contacts me to say he did not get paid for the job when he was suposed to and until the cheque came could I loan him $200.00. I said not, after much pleading I cut him off. A few weeks later 3 more men contacted me the first James Mc Donald (widower) had a son called scott and lived in Miami and owned an antiques shop. Well he went off to London to an antiques seminard, we spent morning and night on messenger, I thought he semed genuine, although as some of you have mentioned ... how can anyone fall in love over the internet??? Well he then informs me that the antiques people have told him to seek his antiques in Nigeria, so off he goes, does not book a return ticket, and stays at the airport hotel. He claimed that he did not know how long it would take hime to search for the antiques and thats why he did not book a return ticket to London. A couple days later he has his antiques and he tells me that he booked his flight to visit me in Barbados with his son and paid for the ticket cash but did not have enough to cover the BTA an airport tax for $1000.00. Something started sound a bit fishy so I questioned several things he said, and of course he wanted to know if I thought h was a liar. Well I disconnected him.

Next person Nate Rugaard (divorced)is also doing business in Nigeria, and fell in love with me la couple days sfter we started chatting guess what? he wants to visit tooo but I must pay for his accomodation whe he arrives.... he got shafted too!!!

Now after all that I start chatting with one more person, (English Adams - divorced) he is also into antiques (in California), and is in Cairo searching for gold and african artifacts. He is travellng with his daughter of 13 and her tutor. Today he messengered me to say his wallet got stolen and could I loan him some money!!!
    I just deleted him.
    Ladies, all of these men had great profiles (good looking) and their write up about themselves seemed very well written and genuine...... until .... you start chatting with them and realise that their english and grammar are very poor... I'm a very choosy individual but I got taken too .... so be very careful... Now it seems you cant even go on a dating site with out being stalked!!!!! Should I contact the dating site and warn them???
  • Hi Amazed

Yes that how I meet my nigeria man who was pretending to be a US citizen
    The only reason we are still in contact with each other is the fact he never asked for money and we have seen each other face to face

I can warn you about these two website as I still get contacted by man from them (sure most are nigerian scam people)

The sites are Badoo linked with facebook
    and Chummyclub a very badly run website
  • I'm sorry to everyone including myself for buying in to the Nigerian scam crap. I can't believe I didn't bring my common sense with on this one when it was clearly right in front of me. I lost a big amount of my bank account but I'll recover. This person pretending to be a woman on zoosk contacted me when I was about to shut down my account, of course I gave it a try and then couple emails later she claims she was working for Exxon mobile as a contracted worker in Nigeria. She said she and mother need a plane ticket home because she couldn't cash her check, of course in the process "she" promised me love which brainwashed me in to doing it in the first place. When BTA was mentioned, that was the give away that I was being scammed the whole time. I wish I did better with the research, I'm better than this. Well another hard lesson that I'll learn in life. I'm attempting to get my money back but if I can't get my money back, I would like to try to see if I can get this person caught and arrested, we'll see. Thanks to everyone on here for spreading to words and sharing their stories. If you get contacted by "Tiffany Wallace" tiffanywally@gmai.com, walk away........fast
  • I met someone who I thought really sweet and caring through cupidsplay.com.We have been chatting,emailing and texting alot since April.Then BAM he asked me if I could send $80 beacuse he needed it to get back his internet service and like a fool I believed him.Then came June he needed money for his son who he said has been sick with a fever so like the stupid bitch i am I sent him another $100 and he said he never got it then he hit me up again for $360 said it was for this so called BTA I told him right off after that said there is no such a thing as this.He tried to put words in my mouth and said I called him a liar so i sent it.Promising me he would pay me back.He is supposed to be coming back today said he would call the moment his plane lands and so far nothing.I will hunt him down like the SON OF A BITCH he is and will do some real damage when I get my hands on him.
  • This is for Millertime...if u can find a way to get your lost money back let me know okay?No thanks to him Im broke.Thanx
  • Hey Annie, I will let you know asap if I get my money back but this could take a while as in weeks or months. This crime is reported at least 100-200 times a day so the response won't be quick. I'm recovering well from this incident since I was able to sell some stuff that won't be a huge loss for me so I'm doing fine but I won't quit on this case until I get an answer. Personally I should be pissed at the person who scammed me but at the same time I should be angrier at myself for being too trustworthy towards the other person. This was a slap in the face I needed because I had no idea this kind of stuff existed until I searched Basic Travelers Allowance. I knew there were scams around but not the Nigerian or Russian kind of deal. I don't think that these scams are introduced enough so people can be more aware of these so it can more avoidable. But at the same we should've known better not to send money to people we haven't seen face to face.
  • Now hes avoiding me like the plague in not texting me back .I asked him why on earth would he doing something as heinous and rip me off and guess what no answer.Even used his son as a pawn to get to me too.Yeah and after a week he told me he loved me making all sorts of promises calling me his wife and all I wanted was to share my life with someone special.He never showed up or called me and get this the itinerary was phony.I kept calling the airlines and explaining that he and his son was supposed to be on the plane they told me the ticket wasnt under his name so i emailed the slime and told him to stay away.
  • Millertime Who can I talk to about this anyway I am so frustrated with all of this and making so sick I cant eat...havent eaten or drink anything since lastnite
  • Annie, what I did was file a complaint with the EFCC which is located in Nigeria since I'm possibly a victim of Nigerian love scam and then I filed a complain with IC3 which is affiliated the FBI. That's really the best I can do right now. I also filed this case on scambook.com. I haven't received a response from either yet and I'm not surprised because like I said this crime is reported 100-200 a day and chances are that it's going to take a while for anything to get going. I know this is frustrating but remain calm at all times otherwise this whole thing will eat you alive and it's not worth the headache. The reason the scammer isn't responding to you is because you told him that you knew about his wrongdoings and let's be serious for a minute, there's no such thing as a scammer who will tell you why he/she did it. The person doesn't care who you are and what your deal is, all the person is going after is your money and possibly identity for id theft attempt. I've been doing some research on my scammer and it seems a little fishy about the location but we'll see what happens. Good luck with your case and remain calm at all times.
  • Just wanted to let everyone know that Alex O Joseph is now David Sylvestre (sylvestre.david2011@gmail.com) I talked to him for a week....Same info....widowed, from South Bend IN, daughter is 5 y/o Riley who has just been severly burned and needs PTA money wired. Haven't responded back ....just received his msg within the hour and I started checking it out...and have no plans to respond. Just wanted to maybe help others before they get scammed.
  • Look out for a guy name Mark simpson who said he is from Atlanta Gorgia with a 10 yr old daughter name mary and his late wife died of breast cancer. He is a Big time scam!!!
  • I met Paul Simon on line ...he said he was American working in nigeria ...after 1 week he was saying he loved me ...2 weeks he was asking for money ...I knew immediately it was a scam ....so I made a story up of my own ...I was a business woman in the process of selling my business ...and he believed me ..asked how much I had got for my business ,I told him £700,000.And he believed me ...he asked for more and more money ....But I am a wise old woman ,and I sent him nothing ...He is 51years old and I am 78 years old ..I had lots of fun ..
  • Hi, I have been scammed by a man whom I met at a dating-site, Match.com in Norway, in march 2011. Its a long story and I will come back in here later to let you know what happend to me. Ive been a big fool to believe in him, but he managed again and again to sweet-talk me into sending him a lot of money via Western Union bank. When we first started chatting he said he grew up in US, but had re-located to UK 16 years ago with his daughter Terry (18) and his own Grand ma (now about 90).
    Terry and Grand ma lived in Liverpool where his daughter graduated from nursing-school in middle om July 2011. I got mail from here several times : terryvangaal@hotmail.com.
    Jack Van Gaal, as this man calls himself uses mailadr.: jackvangaal0805@hotmail.com jackvangaal0805@yahoo.com
    His UK cellphone# is +447553531226 UK# +447425232129(called him several times on this no in UK) and he has a Nigerian cellphone# +2347064449857 (also talked to him on this no a lot of times since he got the simcard June 17th 2011).

When we met he said he lived in London (got his adress), was out of work, but was an engineer in telecommunication.. anyway he got a joboffer in Nigeria and left London May 17th 2011 for working there on a contract for 5 months. Stayed at a hotel called Green Springs Hotel, 17a (room no. ??) Oyo, Ibadan, Nigeria (have the full address) where he got be friends with the hotel manager called John Nicholas.. whom was the person I sent money to i Nigeria (cuse Jack was working so long hours, he hadnt time to get the money himself - or he was sick..)
    Jack told me his birthday was Okt. 10th 1960...
    HAS ANYONE ELSE HEARD OF THIS FAKE PERSON.. as usual a good looking guy, brown eyes, black hair.. great smile .. (Im pretty sure they are personal pict. - not of a modell).
    By the way.. is there a site where I can download a picture of him, to see if there is a match found on the internett..if this mans pictures has been misused before?

I now finally realise that this a scam, but Im still having a hard time about it. and would like to get in touch with other people from Norway, if possible the member who calls herself "loppass" - if she reads this comment from me..
    Thank you for taking your time to read this !
  • Well to add to alex o joseph he is using david silvester now and still has that same lame ass story about his daughter Riley being burned and needing money to fly her back to the states. He askede for 800.00 and I told him to kick rocks.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged