bus travel in mexico
  • hi
    we are flying to puerto vallarta, staying for a week but would like to stay a second week inmazatlan. how can we book a bus?
  • You don't need to book in advance for bus transportation in Mexico. Mexico has an excellent and comprehensive bus system consisting of several major companies, each of which has several subsidiaries. Except in fairly remote areas, everywhere I've been in Mexico there's a bus to almost anywhere almost every hour, and sometimes every 20 minutes. In the bigger towns the main bus stations are in the suburbs, so you have to take a taxi (usually $2-$4) to get to the station, then you can choose among several bus companies that run buses to various places at different times. First-class buses are inexpensive, comfortable, and fast. First-class plus buses are even better. Second class buses are more variable, but are often acceptable, and may sometimes be more convenient for some trips.
  • For specifics on the bus route from Puerto Vallarta to Mazatlan, look at one of the budget travel guidebooks, such as Lonely Planet or Let's Go. The 2006 Let's Go shows buses from Mazatlan to P. Vallarta take 7+ hours, so a visit to an intermediate place might be nice. Three to four hours on a bus at one time is enough, even though the first-class buses are very comfortable. The fare is shown as 350 pesos.
  • According to my old Lonely Planet and 2006 Let's Go, the best way to go from P. Vallarta to Mazatlan is through Tepic. It's about 3+ hours from either of these places to Tepic. There appear to be only two buses per day on each of the two legs of the trip.
  • Do we get any tourist card at san deigo airport to cross the mexico border if so where can we can could u please send me the information.If we are having the card can we book car and cross the border with the can if we are on the car will they I-94 could any one help on this
  • You will get a tourist card after you enter the country. They have them right there at the border on the Mexican side. You don't need a card if your just going shopping though. You can take your car into Mexico but you need to show proof of ownership of the vehicle. If you have a loan on the vehicle the lein holder needs to give you notarized permission to take the vehicle into Mexico and they will only do so for six months. In addition, you should have puchased Mexican insurance on line also by then to make the process smoother.
  • landing in acapulco, taking pus to puerto escondido. and advice? if not its chill.
  • HI.. CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP..WE ARE 3 LADS GOING TO CANADA NEXT MONTH MAINLY TO WORK, FOR AT LEAST SIX MONTHS MAYBE LONGER, THEN MOVING ON DOWN THE WEST COAST INTO MEXICO AND BEYOND..WE ARE AWAITING OUR VISAS (FROM A COMPANY CALLED BUNAC), WHICH WE HAVE JUST BEEN TOLD WILL NOT BE ISSUED UNLESS WE CAN SHOW PROOF THAT WE ARE LEAVING NORTH AMERICA..WE ARE TRYING TO BUY A COACH OR TRAIN TICKET ONLINE FROM MEXICO INTO GUATEMALA..THIS IS PROVING VERY DIFFICULT AND ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED ( IT SEEMS THE GREYHOUND BUSES WILL NOT SEND TICKETS OUTSIDE AMERICA)...HELP!
  • It is cheaper to take the bus, and the first class and premier buses are very comfortable. You sit in a comfy recliner type seat and get to watch cheesy movies.
    Felicity-
  • Learned from all these comments here I think bus going to Mexico is comfortable. Aside from you can save money from taking the bus you can relax and enjoy the traveling. For more top resources for Traveling to Mexico why don't you check this site out TravelMexico.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged