trinidad and tobago
  • hi i am planing on going to tobago jan 23 - feb 2 but my passport expires on feb. 17. is this considered a legal passport
  • Hi,

I found this on the following website:

http://www.wordtravels.com/Travelguide/Countries/Trinidad+and+Tobago/Visa

I would HIGHLY recommend taking your passport to an Expeditor and renew it immediately. Having been to Trinidad and Tobago myself and having to clear immigration in Trinidad, it can be a bit dicey at times. Most countries require at least 3 months validity on your passport after your departure date. Also, you may have a problem when checking in for your flight as the ticketing agent could deny you a boarding pass.

Personally, I would not take the chance.

Are you in the US? There are several expeditors that can get this done for you before your departure date. Of course, it will cost you probably a couple of hundred bucks to get it done.

Hope this helps.

Good Luck

Terri Huber
    Deep Blue Adventures

Passport/Visa Note: Passports must be valid for at least the period of the proposed visit. Visitors require documents for return or onward travel, and a fixed address for the period of their stay. Since 23 January 2007 all US citizens travelling to and from Trinidad and Tobago by air require a valid passport; this requirement has been extended to include all land and sea border crossings as well. It is highly recommended that passports have at least six months validity remaining after your intended date of departure from your travel destination. Immigration officials often apply different rules to those stated by travel agents and official sources. Furthermore, all visitors to Trinidad and Tobago must have a fixed address for the duration of their stay (i.e. a confirmed hotel booking). The wearing of camoflage clothing, or the possession of camoflage bags in Tridad and Tobago is illegal for anyone not in the military services. Visitors wearing such items will be asked to change and the camoflage items will then be confiscated. Failure to comply with this rule will result in detention and possible fines.
  • Hi.I have a visa waiver i Trinidad and Tobago because Im planning to have a vacation there.Since it is a nice place an I have a friend there.But the waiver going to expired this 12th of June.I want to ask if there is any possibilty to renew or extend it for I am planning to go on 17th of June or a days after?And how long it will takes to wait for the extension for me to travel.
    Please answer as soon as possible.I really need the information now.
    Thank you.
  • please answer me and help me

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion