Vietnam weather in july - september
  • Hi,

I'm thinking of vistiting hanoi from july to september this year... does the rainfall make it a bad time to go, or will i still see everthing and enjoy it?
  • Dear Joy,

From July to September is summer months. It is hot, humid and have heavily rainfall. Vietnamese tourist also tend to travel during summer so you should book your accommodations and transportation prior the time of your visit. The best time to visit Hanoi is around at the end of September to November or from March to April for their milder temperatures and pleasant weather. In October 2010, Hanoi will celebrate 1000th anniversary of Thang Long – Hanoi with a lots festival and events. So you should visit Hanoi at the end of September or October.
  • Hi,

Thanks, sadly due to being at uni I cant go any other time but the summer, wondering whether to postpone visiting vietnam till i graduate and can go in october.
  • Hi, Joy
    Hanoi is peaceful and historical city . But In Vietnam , we have a lot of “can’t be missed” destinations. So why you don’t discover other places(in this summer) and when you have a free time you can go Hanoi back.
    I highlight suggest you should go :
    - Hue – the former capital of Vietnam. With diversified and beautiful landscapes, Hue possesses a unique and harmoniously beauty. Famous with the royal tombs, notable pagodas and the remains of the Citadel, dragon boat trips as well as dinner cruises on the river . Also, royal emperor Hue-style food is can not be missed experience. You can spend 1 to 2 days that’s enough.
    - Hoi An – the ancient town . Highlights of Hoi An are leisure walking tours along old streets bordered with ancient houses, assembly halls, relaxing in Cua Dai Beach, taking a Vietnamese cooking class, enjoying a wide selection of restaurants, cafes and bars, wander around the tailor's shops . That’s very interesting and fun.
    - Nha Trang is the most famous seaside resort-town of Vietnam. Nha Trang possess miles and miles of empty beaches, deserted bays, numerous islands and coral reefs, providing opportunity to swim, snorkel and scuba dive. In addition, tourists may come to Nha Trang just for their days relaxing on the beach, getting around on walking or cycling and experiencing the local restaurants, bars and nightlife.
    -Mekong Delta The Mekong Delta is one of Vietnam's travel destinations.
    The delta lies 50 miles south of Saigon (70 km). In the Mekong Delta, you can do many excursions around its canals, to floating markets and discover the river life of local people.Treat yourself to something exceptional - a memorable trip on the waterways of the vast Mekong Delta! While you are basking on the sun deck our friendly staff will pamper you with cool drinks and freshly cooked delicacies.
    Van Cao
  • Hi Joy,
    I could take u optional if i haf travel from 23/06/10 - 28/06/10, any suggestion of itinenary Hanoi ? Actually i just dun wan take overnite at board of Ha Long...will go n see the place.... Any travel agent can suppose to me ? Thank you very much helping
  • Hi there
    My name’s Van. I’m working for local travel agency in Vietnam.
    Hanoi is peaceful, cultural & historical city. So there are a lot of “must-see” destinations such as : Hanoi centre city tour, Hanoi expansion tour (Perfume Pagoda, Duong Lam village,…)So with your duration, you can explore “can’t be missed” destination nearby Hanoi. Such as: Halong bay, Sapa, Tam Coc- Bich Dong.
    Halong bay – the perfect destination to have a relaxing boat trips and join sea sports( swimming, fishing, kayaking,..) , stay night on boat is valuable and memorable.
    Following your information, I suggest you the itinerary below
    June 23rd – Hanoi Arrival, free
    June 24th - Hanoi centre city tour ( Old quarter, Meseum of Ethnology, Hanoi Hilton,…)
    June 25th – Cycling tour in Duong Lam village
    June 26th – Halong bay cruise , stay – night on boat
    June 27th – Halong bay cruise
    June 28th – Return to Hanoi and come back your country
    Hope information can help you
    Van Cao
    Indochina Travel Service
  • Hi Van Cao,

I will be visting Hanoi on September 2010, do you have a recomendation of a good hostel in Hanoi and Sapa ?. Thank you.
  • There's a chance of rain at any time of year in Vietnam- so don't forget your kag-in-a-bag! On the whole, it tends to rain for an hour or two towards the end of the afternoon, so you really shouldn't let it put you off.
  • Hi Van Cao ,
    I'm planing to Ho Chin Minth City is September 2011, do u have a recomendation on whether and routation around HCM City?

From Vander
  • Hi Vander,

If you are in HCM city, I would like to recommend you program are as follows:

Day 1: Cu Chi Tunnels and Sai Gon City.

Day 2: Mekong Delta.

Should you have any request, pls feel free to contact with us.

Best Cruises Vietnam

Address: No 129, Le Loi Street, Halong City, Hanoi, Vietnam
    Email: halongbestcruises@gmail.com
    Tel: + 84.988.600.388, +844.815.919
    Fax: + 84.3629.030, + 843.815.919
  • Hi guys,

me & frenz will travel to HCM by july 2011 (4days 3 night). i search the weather condition and it's mentioned on Julai was high rainfall ;(.. is it very heavyrain or what? can anybody let me know the must go place in HCM and the transportation to go to that place. fyi we will staying at the Hoang Lien Hotel.
  • Will be in Hanoi this Tuesday and planned to stay for a day and spend the rest of my 7 days in Haiphong and a night at Cat Ba. Any recommendations what to do in Haiphong? What's the cheapest airline company from Hai Phong to HCM?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged