Visa questions for entering Thailand
  • Starting from Singapore into Malaysia then crossing into Thailand will I only be able to stay in Thailand for 14 days or is it possible to get a longer visa? we are flying out of Bangkok, the whole trip we are planning is one month from Singapore to Bangkok but would like to be in Thailand for more of the time, how would this be possible?
  • Let me refer you to an earlier thread that will answer those questions Thailand visas
  • The best is to take a touristic visa directly to the Thai Embassy in your country of residence. In any case, you can Enter Thailand with no touristic visa (1 month) and apply for a one month extention.
  • As far as I know the time you are allowed to spend in Thailand without a visa is 15 days, not one month, and then you can apply to extend your stay. This was all established a couple of months ago. I know this is a contradiction to the expert above but I think maybe someone should look into it officially.
  • Hi Shirley
    If you are entering Thailand by air, on arrival you will be given 30 days in the country, after which you would need to apply for an extension. Entering Thailand by land the same applies, but for 15 days only.
  • Hello,

My girlfriend and I are planning to travel through Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, (maybe Laos/Cambodia) in Dec/Jan. I am a US citizen, she is a Colombian citizen. I know I'll be okay as far as arranging visas, but Colombians typically have a harder time securing visas.

Anyone have info about this? Anyone know a website that has entry requirements for non-US citizens such as Colombians?

Andy
  • Andy,

Your girlfriend will need to get a visa in advance for Thailand. Columbians are not eligible for the Visa on Arrival, nor are they on the list for the Visa Exemption (as you would get).
  • My girlfriend is thai and we wish to travel to indonesia and mylasia. Will she need a VISA?
  • Within the Asean nations she can travel without a visa, but they might want to see proof of exit, such as an onward airline ticket, as well as proof of support, such as your credit cards or cash.
  • Your best option would be to fly from Singapore to Thailand, possibly to Phuket since the flight is only 1hour, 40 mins and then fly (or take the bus) to Bangkok. From Phuket, you can also fly to Koh Samui or to Krabi. Leave the Malaysian leg of your trip to last. Doing it that way round means you'll get 30 days instead of 15 because Singapore doesn't have a land border with Thailand. See http://www.mfa.go.th/web/2482.php?id=2490
  • Hello everybody
    I´m Colombian and planing to visit Thailand as tourist. I didn´t find information to apply for visa and there is not Thai Embassy in Colombia. How can I get permission to enter to Thailand?
    Thank´s!
    (^_^)
  • I`m Romanian citizen. Need visa to travel in Thailand? How time stay in Thai and what is condition to stay long time in this country (3-6 months). Thank you.
  • My wife and I would like to go on holiday to Malaysia. What documents do we need to prepare? We have South African passports
  • Hi

I`am British and want to go to Thailand for six months, I will may do some traveling to other countries while I `am there
    how do I go about getting a visa and will I be able to stay for 6 months ?

Thanks

Roy
  • Visa Rules are chnaging all the time in Thailand. Check before you go. Arriving overlanf, you now only get 14 days whcih sucks!
    <a href="http://datebangkok.com">Thai Dating</a>
  • am a ugandan and i want to go and stay with my boyfriend in thailand for more than two years will be allowed?

how do i get a visa and how much is airticket from uganda to thailand
  • HI
    I AM HASAF FROM INDIA. NOW AM IN THAILAND WITH THAILAND VISIT VISA . I WANT TO APPLY CANADA VISIT VISA IF POSSIBLE CAN I GET CANADIAN VISIT VISA FROM THAILAND CANADIAN EMBASSY PLEASE LET ME KNOW SOMETHING REGARDING THIS.THANKYOU

Hasaf

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion