Trekking in Nepal
  • I want to know more about trekking in Nepal. I've heard rave reviews about both the Annapurna circuit and the Everest Base Camp route. Can anyone who has done these treks tell me a little more about them.
    How fit do you need to be?
    Is one better than the other?
    Do I need a tour guide or can I hire a porter and do it myself?
    How much will it cost to hire a porter?
    I've heard that the Maoists sometimes stop you along the route and demand 'tolls' is this becoming a problem or is it a rare occurrence?
    When is the best time of year to go trekking in Nepal?
  • Hi, you have to fit to do this trekking. You can hire porter guide from kathmandu your's self. It will cost $20 per day. Now with Maoists no problem no worries about this. April May ,September ,October ,November is the best time to do this trekking. If you want to know more information about Nepal please contact me i will do my best.
    I am looking forward to hear from you .
    Have good time in Nepal
  • Things are better now in nepal and its a heaven for trekking. You should pack your bags right now for travel to nepal.
  • Dear friend,
    Thanks for your posting.Please here is the answer of your question:
    How fit do you need to be?
    It is very important to be fit to do trekking physically and maintally.
    Is one better than the other?
    yes, if you are two person, it is really better.

Do I need a tour guide or can I hire a porter and do it myself?
    It depend on your budget. at least one porter is very important for your save. if you have guide then you will get more information about the trekking.

How much will it cost to hire a porter?
    I've heard that the Maoists sometimes stop you along the route and demand 'tolls' is this becoming a problem or is it a rare occurrence?
    Now, no maoists problem in nepal because they are in government in this time.
    When is the best time of year to go trekking in Nepal?
    Middle of February to middle of may, middle of August to First week of November is the best time to do trekking in Nepal.
    Hope you will reply me as soon as possible in my personal e- mail address. Recommendation :
    All Apex treks and Expedition (p ) LTD
    Thamel Kathmandu.
    Name of Guide Bimal and e- mail address: mountain_nepal@yahoo.com
    have a wonderful trips in Nepal.
    Resma
  • Annemarie,

Interesting, As you know if you are starting 10-12 days outdoor activities is not easy and i don't think so it will be fully safety.So that i wanna suggest you to have at list high trained guide........as well.

Also for the trekking on ABC & EBC if you are physically fit and able to walk, there wouldn't be any problem.And Regards Maoists revaluation, we had but now it is over..we don't have to worries about it, They are handling Government in Nepal.

For the Best Season for Trekking in Nepal..... Autumn (September to End of November) And Spring (March to End of May) will be the Great time.

For more info please visit at www.sevenstartravelling.com or leave your short note to at info@sevenstartravelling.com
    Our High trained Executive guide will advice you regarding your all concern/quarries OR if you want talk with Guide you can add on Skype, ID: sevenstartravelling.

Cheers,
    Raj
  • Nepal has some of the best trekking in the world, to and around several of the world's highest mountains, including Mount Everest. It is amongst the most visited country by trekkers, as Nepal tourism industry is well prepared to facilitate all manner of trekking styles and destinations. Trekking is one of the best ways to experience the wild and lofty places, diverse cultural heritages and varied geographic conditions of Nepal.
    Nepal's trekking route passes through the lush green forests of rhododendron, bamboo, oak, different landscapes, ice falls, glaciers, high altitude, frozen lakes and breathtaking snow caped mountains. To add to this, you get to experience the diverse culture and lifestyle of Nepalese people varying through different regions. Thus, trekking in Nepal is not making it to the mountains; it's about experiencing nature, variety of culture, festivals and most importantly exploring the uncharted places.
    For more details go www.himalayanexperts.com
  • Trekking to Nepal is the world famous activities in Nepal.Annapurna circuit and Everest base trekking is both challenging trekking destination.You can easily manage this trekking if you are physically fitness it is not matter any age.You should hike export trekking guide who can help by providing good information of your trekking and have good knowledge of acute mountain sickness (ACM). It is very important when you trekking to Nepal.You may hire export guide in US$25 and Porter cum guide in US$20 and porter in US$18 per day. We have a political problem in Nepal not problem with Maoists any more.You may travel in Nepal freely.There is no problem to travel in Nepal.The best time to do trekking in Nepal is Autumn and Spring but you may trek anytime in Nepal.
    If you desire to have more information of Nepal trekking, you may talk with us skype ID himalayatrip or tamuharka2002@yahoo.com
  • Nepal is the home of the eight highest mountains out of 14 (above 8,000 m) in the world which includes Mt. Everest and over 1,300 peaks above 6,000 meters. Nepal has some best trackking in the world and several of theworlds'shighest mountain,including Mount Everest. the tourism industry is well prepared to facillitad all manner of tracking stlys and destination.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion