UK / Nigerian Scammers
  • THE man uses Mark Johnson Santa claims to be from Asheville, NC raised in Spain by his grandmother.Even has her on his profile pics
  • as in other posting
    Please do research on any company/business before using there services
    one this company/business has no website as stated by Olufemi on other formuns on this website

PLEASE WEBSITE MANAGER MAKE A COMMENT ON THIS SITUATION!
  • Ok Angeleyess! I have noticed the many posts made by cvibeverify advertising services and while I cannot take a stand on whether he is legit or not, he is using this platform for commercial postings which is against the user agreement of the site. For the reason I am freezing his membership.
  • @ DavidF,

I tried to register with my username cvibeverify and saw that i was banned. Soz i had to use this one so that i can make my voice heard.

I do apologize if my postings were seen as commercial or advertising. Too many people have been scammed, no one is doing anything about it, and i decided to do something about it for a fee which will be for getting around to verify facts and documents in Nigeria or Ghana for interested people who want to verify any information they've been told by their internet lovers, documents from people they meet online in order to prevent being scammed.

The difference between a scammer and a non scammer is their mindset. I offered to do service for Angeleyess, and i'm willing to do for many more.

DavidF, banning me does not prevent people from being scammed. i'd rather you know you have someone on your website who is willing to verify facts in Nigeria and Ghana, for people at a fee (for moving around) to prevent them being scammed than to be reading their horror stories like that posted by Mavis.
    The Question is where do you stand?
    Olufemi.
  • Thank you DavidF it proves to me that this is a true site.

Thank you again
  • Hi everyone,

Here's a link to our guide on how to spot Online Scams and how to avoid them.
  • Hey everyone :)

I've been reading through a lot of these posts, and my heart goes out to those of you who have fell victim to these scams. I myself have never been a victim, but have caught quite a few in their tracks from day 1.

I've noticed a few posts from people who "supposedly" feel that since we've been entertained by the weeks/months of convo, that we shouldn't mind sending them a little money. Uhmmm, is anyone else thinking that those particular posts could be from possible scammers who are also here trying to work psychologically to get your guard down...particularly targeting those who are on the fence with whether they are being scammed or not? I mean seriously: How could a normal person read these posts, see the harm that scammers have caused, and then suggest to go ahead and continue to feed the scammers who are already fed by hundreds of thousands of other victims? I cant possibly be THE only person who noticed that.

The same way that you found this page, is the same way that they can find it too, and continue to work psychologically...especially when some people here have listed their email addresses.

If you want to, go through these posts from the beginning and a few pages in, you'll start to see exactly what I'm talking about.

Furthermore, some of you posters have absolutely NO HEART. I dont care if YOU feel that you're smart enough not to get scammed. Do you find it ego-boosting to make victims who already feel bad, feel even worse??? I mean REALLY. Victims are here on this page and other pages because they realized they were scammed, or on the way to getting scammed. They DO NOT need any further reminder from YOU as to how "stupid" you think they are for falling for it. Most people who have been victims are actually very intelligent people, not always desperate for love or attention. They just failed to pick up on certain signs, and some do pick up on it, but instead let their hearts lead in that situation. I'm sure if they're HERE on this page sharing their stories, they do not need to be further insulted. If you feel that strongly about it, its quite simple: if you have nothing good to say, then keep your virtual trap shut (insert sarcastic smile here). I cant stand it when people feel the need to boost their own egos by berating someone else's intelligence. Constructive criticism is one thing...being an a** is another.
  • Just in the last month I hv been hit on by at least 2 scammers on match.com.....such a shame that we can no longer believe what any one tells us ...
    the 1st was jamescole010101@yahoo.com, said he was an Aussie, widower, grown up son and travelling and working, currently in Leeds UK, he was very romantic and such a sweet talker, said he was coming home in a couple of weeks, 2 weeks later, he was in Malaysia to collect his 'gold n diamonds' before coming here, but he was stuck the duty was higher than expected and no one would cash his chq, could I help.....Ahh NO I dont think so, he rang me and asked as well, I'm not stupid and luckily not too emotionally invested, said no...haven't heard from him since...

2nd is t_walker160@yahoo.com, windower, 4 year old daughter, in australia, well so he says, three conversations later and Thomas 'won' a contract to supply a Uni in west africa with electronics and he was flying out the next day.....hmm seems as though Concord must fly between aust and Nigeria coz it was less than 24 hrs before he said he had arrived. I do love to play a player or scam a scammer...LOL, 1 week later his 'goods' arrived in Lagos, 3 days later.....the fee to clear them from customs was higher than he thought it would be.....could I help him, there is no credit card facilities and the banks dont hv ATM's.....Hahahaha, I made several suggestions, all of which he had answers for, the money requested has lessened everytime he calls me, apparently he is stuck there.....I advised he go to the consult, they gave him $500 and could offer food and accomadation and that was all, hmmm seems to me that a real daddy of a 4 year old would be itching to be home and would know the name of his kids kindergarten....LOL, I wonder how much longer he will keep trying.He even tried to guilt me...if you really loved me...if it was you stuck I'd do anything....I think Im getting sick coz I dont have money to buy food...

3rd one......well we'll see if he is or isn't, trouble now is that I am so sceptical that I dont believe anything anyone tells me and wait for the call for money....over bloody dating and feel like I am becoming a heartless bitch!!!!.
  • I have made a number of comments here and have done a lot of research. The Scammers are having a hard time getting money through Western Union these days, so their M.O. has changed. Now, they only want your bank account number, social security number and will have money wired into your account (from another Romance scam victim) so they can have a friend hack your bank account and withdraw more money than you have...ultimately, your bank account gets shut down and they get as much money as your credit line will allow. I mistakenly put my phone number on a Facebook page and "friended" a Nigerian after already being scammed big time by his friend. He was "here to help" me investigate. He called me by the fake name I had set up to catch these guys, so I knew he was a Scammer too. I answered the phone one time only, but he still calls regularly for nine months now. He told me that my "boyfriend" was living with a woman who was going to have his baby and told me that he would get pictures of her so I could see that "my boyfriend" is lying to me, but of course I have to wire him money. Scam # 1000. They are getting really good at hacking bank accounts now that numerous U.S. banks have merged computer systems (there are always flaws in bank security when this happens). I was told by a Nigerian that these guys are making about $15,000.-20,000. a month when they get on a good run with a bank until they find the bank finds the computer glitch and shut them down.
  • @ AJustaThought

I am 100% with you! Thanks for your support.
  • I met GREG SEAL, gseal09@yahoo.com on Match.com, username
    Numero09. If anyone has heard of him please respond.
    This man, Greg Seal, age 55 was born to American father and a Austrian mother. Left Texas at age of 7 and raised in Vienna through adulthood.
    Said he spoke Dutch. I kept telling him they speak German in Vienna. He kept telling me I'm wrong. He immediately had me set up a Yahoo IM acct.
    We im'd for about 3 weeks at which point I told him it was time to hear each others real voice. The number he had on his IM acct never worked. He said it was the country lines they were repairing in Texas. Finally called me on a "blocked" number.

Said he lost his wife of 23 years to leukemia 3 years ago and has spent the last years working in Dubai; and both parents died in 2004.
    Never had children. Said he has a house in Lexington, Tx., Manhattan, NY and was building a small hotel in France.

He is a Marine Engineer and will take on his last project in the Republic of
    Benin, Africa. Then retire and move to San Francisco with me. Fired his lawyer and closed his bank accts. in NY before leaving for Benin.

There was a tremendous amount of heart conversations during our relationship, so tender and soft.

He was to make 2.6 million on his project to find sample of oil for the government of Benin. The Finance Minister of Benin calls me to congratulate me that the sample was found. Greg puts my name as beneficiary on all project documents. Now he cant get out of country until he pays tax clearance of $260.000. I had already sent him $44,000 for equipment malfunction and customs.

After I tell my best friend about Greg needing $260,000 she informs me that I have been scammed.

I sent him my entire life savings really amounting to $55,000 because I took the money from my 401K and have to pay the tax.

I told him I've been scammed. I informed my local police. I was so mad that I sent him all my conversations I had with the police. The police cannot do much. I did fill out my forms with IC3 (FBI). I am presenting talking to a lawyer for a possible Class Action Case.

After uninstalling my IM he called again August 1 says he made it back to NY but is in detention for immigration and needs to deposit the 2.6mm so he can get legal clearance from Benin. Wants to know if I have credit cards and his financier will call me for instructions.

I was on to him and told him I cut up all my credit cards and I'm a cash girl only. After his financier called me and told me it has to be done by card, I told him I don't have one he said I won't be able to help Mr. Seal then. Greg was so mad, said I ruined everything.

Greg's last reply to me on August 6, he says, "I will surprise you when I show up with your money", and I will not read or write you again.

He says I never cared about him and I only care about getting my money back.

He says that I have made "his name" so bad in the US how can he show his face. We talked so much about the evil in the world. He said that between the two of us we will make the world a better place. On and on and on!!

I cannot begin to express the pain in my heart. This man, Greg opened my heart up that has laid dormant for so many years. I fell hook, line and sinker.

Now I can hardly function. I cry a lot. I know it will pass but right now, oh it hurts so back.

Please let me know if you have heard of this man, GREG SEAL, from Lexington, Tx.
  • The moment I joined a free dating site Tangowire and even before I completed my profile ....a very handsome pic popped up of a guy who looked like an Italian model, and probably is! The guy who popped up to chat said he came on to me as I was listed as a widow (£$?), and that he was a gemologist living in San Francisco aged 45 -1 David Knight aka Davide De/Angelo... davknight1966@yahoo.com He said he lost his wife 5 years ago in a RTA and I notice a recurrent theme reading some of these posts, had a son of 14 who oddly was @ school here in the UK in Liverpool, of all places...so loving, he was too good 2 b true - which is indeed the trigger we all need to be aware of.

Just lately I note he's come off that site, having collected several lady friends on the way ......

Funny - no phone calls/texts - ever, some excuse about his accent...I got a landline no. from him +1 415 932 8911 and the voice to me was clearly of 'black', and certainly not Italian and doubt very much he was born in Sicily where he says he was born! Either/or, should at least speak English by the age of 45! When questioned about this he just said that's why he never phoned and had said earlier on that his accent 'was bad', bit like him really, and as for his English, well....and the spelling/grammar - even worse!

Most of the guff is cribbed from Scammers' sites, just enter the 1st line or 2 into a browser and up they pop....so are not from his black evil heart! Always vague with info or doesn't answer, just an ok or some such, and Sweetie seems a popular form of address, and of course, lots of I love you's etc. And clearly doesn't bother to read any emails you might send between IM 'chats', note that too (too time-consuming when they have dozens to 'chat' with. Ah, another thing, on IM you can find out who else they are friends with, thought to warn them too but wasted far too much time on all this already!

Oh, and he's v fond of Chris de Burgh (only tracks to hand wherever he operates from?)

he landline tel no. did track to a part of SF but not the nice part he claimed to live in ...but tel no of course is unlisted and untraceable!

The Air ticket he told me he bought to visit the UK actually needed to be paid for within 48hrs, and was not actually confirmed, and the mobile number shown on the ticket for said Mr David Knight doesn't seem to exist, what a surprise! I wonder if he had to give a passport number to get a ticket on the 'net, who knows, or cares?

Just glad I didn't actually waste £ on hotels, travel to H'row and so on, though he thinks I have. He also asked for a Play Station for his son when I offered to bring a gift!

Must be a brilliant engineer though, I asked previously if he'd ever worked in the Ukraine (had some bad accidents there of late) no he replied, but, guess what? Next thing I know, off he goes there, to mine emeralds, not that he could spell the word! And, they dig down 60' in the 1st day!

Had probs with the tools he tried telling me, oh dear, said I, am sure they will be insured, or you'll have to use a credit card. Blow me, said he didn't have one on him. When I travel abroad I make quite sure I take 1 of mine ....and, if he had to pay for his air ticket to the UK over the 'phone, wonder just how he managed that with no credit card?

You have to be awake and note the cribbed guff, no phone calls, or if you do get any, take note of the accent, and is he/she there if you phone? I did ask for more pics initially and it seems clear to me his 'son' in fact appears to be no less than 2 different boys of different ages.

They are not that bright, believe you me. Time-wasting yes, pull @ the heart strings yes, bit addictive yes, but come on - not intelligent! Also, when they crib guff off the 'net look for the 2 .. in between sentences. Of course, when they read this post it will arm them to maybe try harder/be cleverer but, if they don't have the grey matter in the 1st place, they'll have to climb back up the trees.

They are of course bastards, utterly heartless but I believe a higher power will deal them some very harsh blows at some point, for what goes around, comes around, and hopefully where they're concerned, tenfold!

And if I spoke Nigerian I would add a tasty postscript for them right here and now for them to read, but I don't!

Ladies/Gents, do take care, they also show fake passports/id's etc so whatever you do, don't waste a dime on these creeps and check out the BBC Crimewatch video too.
  • ADDENDUM- he's now asked for $5k to be sent via Western Union money xfer and for me to mail him the code - to be sent to Jackie Miller Luganask Ukraine Zip Code 91000

He'll have a very long wait!
  • in ref to addendam, a man called alan brown has used this person to collect money for him , unfortunantly i had already sent some & was willing to send some more , till i saw this post & then was reqesting more info than needed , watch out peeps for a jackie miller,alan brown, martha sometimes called maggie
  • Hi,
    David Knight played the same game with me. Exactly the same story, but he got the wrong lady..;-)..Hopefully all the ladies are realizing early enough before they loosing money, what's behind this handsome lucking guy.
  • does anyone know Mic_Stanford44@yahoo.com
    from match.com
    is he a legit match? say's he's a civil engineer, owns gas stations
  • LandL
    More like scam artist
    Do not send any money or give any presonal info
    Research him on facebook and see if his photos there or look on Romance Scam doto com I just checked and found a hit on this site please check it out
    Only chat on the dating site and do not invite to personal email.
    This is how they hook you. Take the test there! And if his profile is fake report it to the site managers.
    Angeleyess
  • Hi just reading the comments here and although i did not send any money to either of the two men who tried to scam me because i have none i also felt hurt by these men who claim to love you. They do invest sometime in their scams lol i work in a bank and have heard from alot of women who fall for all kinds of scams from fraudulant money orders to men asking for money. Anyway i met these 2 men on tagged.com and both tried to scam me as well one was supposed to be in an accident and a supposed doctor called me and asked me to be his gurantor which would have made me responsible for his hospital bills and was angry when i wouldnt do this for him, then he said he spent all his money on his new company and need me to send him 800.00 to africa so he could fly home and would pay me back when he came to see me, after christmas and was very angry when i told him i didnt have any money to send him he was verbally abusive when i told him he was no kind of man cause real men dont ask women for money lol. The other man uses the im in another country and sick and needs help to pay his hotel bill and that he loved me and sent me a package full of jewellery including a diamond engagement ring, even sent me pictures of all these jewels then said that they are stuck in maylasia at customs being held, this man sends an extremely good picture of himself and will show you his penis on cam but it is a video of a very well endowed man. Beware of these two men Franklen Williams and
    George Lampard.
  • Please be aware of Russell Richard Davies RussellDavies61@yahoo.com. He said he lived in Atlanta Ga. even invented a web site and a so called company he owned called Mahony Consults. I met him on OK Cupid. He was unlike any other man before. He sent me flowers at work. He seemed so real in my heart I really wanted to believe him. He said he was British American , and he did have a very sexy accent. He started out very different than others that had tried to scam me but this one was very smooth and so very conviencing. He has a daughter named Isabella they were in London he was doing work for the 2012 Olymics and had been there since Jan. 2012. His contract was over and started asking for money to get back to states. The money he got paid was in a form of bonds and since he didn't live there he could not cash to get home so he says. Anyways this went on for several weeks he even sent me copies of contracts, passport, the check in bonds it self and it would keep going on and on if I kept allowing it. I have told him I would not help him any longer and if he wants to cont.any relationship with me when he finds a way back to the states then look me up .
  • Dear Anya,

Thanks for deleting the post and saving me from a disaster.

Appreciate your help.

Take care
  • @FindMe

No problem... sorry to hear about your troubles.
  • Well thank God I wasn't scam out of any money...I met Wayne A Hutchison...Wayne19600@yahoo.com on a Tagged.com..he sent me a message telling me how beautiful I was...He sent me a 3 page letter telling me he's an only child he born in Kenya. His father was adopted and his mother was from an orphanage, his wife died in automobile accident ironically the same year he supposedly had graduated from college. His profile on Tagged is a well dress good looking man Wayne A..from Portland Oregon age 48 birthday sept 9th..well he was too good to be true and I started second guessing alot of what he was saying. He's a independent civil engineer that travels all over the world..god fearing man looking for a god fearing woman. He told me god revealed to him I was his soul mate in less than 4 days. After searching for him on google NOTHING...then I went one step further FBI and that's when I found out he's a scam artist...There is a unsuspecting nice looking guy out there pictures being used for EVIL..I am glad I found him out before any money was exchanged. I played along with his stories and text him as if I was ready to love again and I wanted to be with him for the rest of my life..all the while during my research...The red flags was with the 1st letter...not too mentioned magic jack phone/a text only phone...Thank God my uncle who's a pastor pointed out alot of wrong in his letter speaking the word of GOD....I cancelled him within 4 days...he was just simply too good to be true..Ladies any man that's too good to be true probably is...I have a total of 14 pictures of a very attractive man..
  • You know what, I have heard so many stories for the Western Girls falling in love an demotions with any stupid guy from Eastern world or 3rd world. They scam for money and girls (most often) got trapped easily, may be due to emotionless manhood of west is the cause but please I always request to women suffering from this thing NEVER EVER let this deceptive virtual world overcome your true real world. Always bring this virtual thing in real world to advance things.
  • Hello guys!
    i have also something to share I don't know is it going to be a big problem for me or going to bring me a happiness... anyway I met this guy on online dating site called imvu.com.
    He is originally for UK but works at South Africa he said he is a business analyst in IT department.
    He proposed me on our 1st chat and slowly i fell in love too.Its been just a month now He said he is coming to meet me this christmas and wants to marry me on January. We just did chat only not video conversation no voice chat nothing he says he wants me to see him only when he'll come to my country. But he never asked me for a money till now. He said he talked to his parents about me and they liked me and I did chat with his mother also everything looks fine and going good but I am just scared that everything is going so fast that its becoming hard to believe that this is happening.

Can you please suggest me how to investigate him? I just want to know that he is fake or real...
    Help me!

Sara
  • I met one on datenetwork that does same thing.Falls in love fast, after two wks started asking for money.In Africa can't Cahill check needs money to get home to Trafford PA. Goes by name ethnirishbrian.On facebook and netlog as ethanbrian
  • Does anyone know the name Isaac De Zeew. I have been having a similar online romance for the last three months. He is now asking for money. Says he is from the Netherlands but is in Nigeria now finding a good dealer for his leather? Help
  • Since I do not know who to ask me, I took scammer fight into their own hands!
    I made a facebook page and I placed it on social sites known to me!
    It's outrageous that Facebook does not take any action to dsfiinteze Dave accounts Morre Nigerian / English? Scammer!
    We have already received death threats, blackmail and pressure, to give them $ 2000-5000 in exchange for a video which shall be immediately compromising a fake!
  • hi, im elly from indonesia... when i use dateonline, i always meet scammer... but thx god they never take any money from me. when i read this discussion, its really good, make me more carefull.. im sorry for my bad english, thx u all
  • Does any one know of a man Mike Twits? Met on POF user name riki777.
  • I have answered you repeatedly on this site. There is no such person as Mike Twits. That name is an alias. There is no Norwegian name Twits.
  • I am lost for words. It seems to paint that my country is just that of scammers. I seriously apologise for the victims of love on behalf of my brethren. Please do forgive with the bad elements you came in contact with.
    However, love is rational. In as much as I love you, there is still that need for wittiness in handling of issues as that of sending money, bank or card details.
    The Nigerian government of today is assiduously working, and we believe that it would stop and defaulters brought to book. Again our apologies
    Chijioke.
  • Please help
    I got a Facebook friend request from a Mary Michelle who claims shes a computer programer from North Dakota who got a job in Lagos, Nigeria for a company who's name eludes me at the moment. She has a daughter.  She sent me pics of her and her daughter that looked like pics on someone took on a cell phone.  Not even two weeks into talking she asked for money to "get by for a few days" because the company wouldn't pay her until she finished the job.  Now she is done with the job but she cannot get home because she claims the check the company gave her cannot be cashed there and she has no way to send the money back home.  She also wants to start her own business and needs my savings account so that the company she worked for can pay her electronically.  (She cannot use her own account because she's not in the country).  I am very leery of her.  Every time I tell her to go to the US Embassy to find a way home she says they cannot help her.  I am not sure of her true identity but after reading all these stories on here I feel she may be a scammer.
  • 100% this person is a scammer and you should stop all contact immediately. . 

1. It is simply untrue that a lone woman from North Dakota would be working in Lagos as a computer programmer. Computer science is taught in Nigerian universities and they do not need to bring in foreign programmers.

2.The US Embassy do help stranded citizens but this person is not stranded and it is highly likely not even a woman but a male scammer in an internet cafe.

3.Are you so naive to believe that if someone has a US bank account, they cannot use that account if they are abroad? US bank account holders transfer money in and out of their bank accounts whilst abroad, and use ATM cards all over the world, your scammer is lying to you 

4. Why would you be so foolish to give anyone, let alone someone you have never met your bank account details.

Block this person and change ALL your contact details have nothing more to do with this person they are definitely a scammer.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion