Do i require a Visa to enter Egypt?
  • Hello, i was just wondering if i require a Visa to enter Egypt. I am currently booking a trip to Egypt and would like to make sure i have the right information and things to get me in there and travel safely. I am currently living within Australia and am only interested in traveling to Egypt for vacation purposes only.

Thankyou, David.
  • It depends on your passport. .. Most Westerners can easily buy a visa at the airport on arrival for around $15
  • Hello, I'm travelling to Taba in Sinai, then to Aqaba in Jordan via Israel.
    Anybody comment on Visas & currency?
  • hello, i have already booked a week long holiday to egypt, i live in the UK, but I hold a kenya passport and my wife holds a tanzania passport. i have indefinite leave to remain in the UK, my wife has 4 months remaing on her residence visa (we can only apply for indefinite leave for her a month before her current visa expires). given my wifes circumstances, will it be a problem for her to get a single entry tourist visa for egypt??? please let me know asap!
    thankyou!
  • Dear holidyboy, u have to get pre-visa from Egyptian embassy there for both Kenya & Tanzania passports before leaving .
    for more information, please comtact by mail ....hhgheita@intratour-eg.com
  • hi normski, please advise your nationality first.
  • Hello Kingey 69 ,

Australian people , American and most European country can get visa from the Egypt Airport against 15$.
    Also if you want any help or any information about Egypt and places to visit in your vacation ( transportation , guide , hotel ) please contact me
    jawa@jawaking.com
    I am Egyptian tour guide and this is my daily work

regards,
  • Dear Sir/Madam

i am living in UK for the last 7 years. i got pakistani passport. all i need to know that do i need to apply for Egypt visa in UK, or can i have visa on arrival at Cairo Airport.
    Kindly let me know as i have to book my holidays then.

Thanks.
  • u have to get pre-visa from Egyptian embassy in uk , because you got pakistani passport.

jawa@jawaking.com
    I am Egyptian tour guide and this is my daily work

regards,
  • I am due to go to Eygpt in June and I am staying in Sharm El Sheikh. I am aware that UK passport holders can have a visa stamp for free with me only staying for 12 days, is this true?
    Secondly, I am intrested in visiting Cairo (pyramids) for the day, do i need a visa for this? If so which type? And can I buy this on arrival to Egypt in Sharm El Sheikh airport?

Thanks,
  • Correct: stays under 14 days at Sharm are visa free. To see Cairo you may need a visa, which you can buy at the airport on arrival for $15. See here for more Egypt visa information.
  • Hi, I am Singaporean, ready to visit Cairo next week, with all hotels and ticket paid. However, I am still concerned about the visa. from some websites, it states that for Singapore citizens, I can get visa on arrival, but when I ask my travel agent in Thailand, they says I need pre-arrival visa. Could somebody confirm me if i can get on-arrival visa or not. it is too late for me to get one from the Embassy.
    thanks,
    Donald
  • Hi iam a British passport holder living in the uk i want to take a vaccation for 1 week to sharm El Sheikh next yr with my partner and children. My partner is Venezuelan and holds a venezuelan passport but has an indefinite leave to remain stamp in it for living here in the uk , Would he be able to enter egypt the same was as me by getting an entry visa at the airport on arrival or would he need to apply for 1 here.
    Thanks
    Gerileigh
  • yes you need intr visa to jordon and that will cost you around 17 usa $
  • Passport & Visa

Visa Agencies:
    Avoid the stress and queues, get a visa agency to arrange your visa.
    Travel Visa Pro, San Francisco, USA. (866) 378-1722 or www.TravelVisaPro.com
    Global Visas, Egypt: Egyptian visa assistance for business or pleasure trips

Entry requirements for Americans: US citizens must have a valid passport, and a visa is required. A 30-day visa can be obtained on arrival for US$15, provided the purpose of travel is for tourism. For travellers entering Egypt via South Sinai and remaining in the South Sinai resort area, a free 15-day visa can be obtained on arrival.

Entry requirements for UK nationals: UK citizens must have a valid passport, and a visa is required. A 30-day visa can be obtained on arrival for US$15 or the equivalent, provided the purpose of travel is for tourism. British nationals travelling to Sharm El Sheikh, Dahab, Nuweiba and Taba resorts only, for up to 14 days, do not require a visa, they shall receive a free entry permission stamp upon arrival. For travellers entering Egypt via South Sinai and remaining in the South Sinai resort area, a free 15-day visa can be obtained on arrival.

Entry requirements for Canadians: Canadians must have a valid passport, and a visa is required. A 30-day visa can be obtained on arrival for US$15 or the equivalent, provided the purpose of travel is for tourism. For travellers entering Egypt via South Sinai and remaining in the South Sinai resort area, a free 15-day visa can be obtained on arrival.

Entry requirements for Australians: Australians must have a valid passport, and a visa is required. A 30-day visa can be obtained on arrival for US$15 or the equivalent, provided the purpose of travel is for tourism. For travellers entering Egypt via South Sinai and remaining in the South Sinai resort area, a free 15-day visa can be obtained on arrival.

Entry requirements for South Africans: South African nationals require a valid passport, and a visa for travel to Egypt. For travellers entering Egypt via South Sinai and remaining in the South Sinai resort area, a free 15-day visa can be obtained on arrival.

Entry requirements for New Zealanders: New Zealand citizens must have a valid passport, and a visa is required. A 30-day visa can be obtained on arrival for US$15 or the equivalent, provided the purpose of travel is for tourism. For travellers entering Egypt via South Sinai and remaining in the South Sinai resort area, a free 15-day visa can be obtained on arrival.

Entry requirements for Irish nationals: Irish nationals must have a valid passport, and a visa is required. A 30-day visa can be obtained on arrival for US$15 or the equivalent, provided the purpose of travel is for tourism. For travellers entering Egypt via South Sinai and remaining in the South Sinai resort area, a free 15-day visa can be obtained on arrival.

Passport/Visa Note: Passports must be valid for two months beyond the period of visit. Visa and passport validity requirements change at short notice.
  • Hi, I am a British Citizan and also an Israeli Citizan. I live in Israel and want to travel to Sinai, Sharm el Sheik. Is it better for me to cross the border with my Israeli passort or British? Also, do I need a visa?
  • Hi AK, It is better for u to use the british passport to easily entry sinai. of course, you will get the visa upon your arrival at Taba Border. there are two types of visa, the limited one to enter sinai only & the other one enables u to travel in all Egypt to visit Cairo, Luxor, Aswan & other cities in Egypt.
  • Hi!

Im a filipino and planning to visit egypt. Do i need to apply for a visa?

Thanks!
  • hi mare, of course, you need to apply for the visa through the egyptian embassy in Philippine before coming to Egypt.
  • Please, I would like to know if a senegalese citizen needs a visa to enter Egypt and how much are the fees
  • Hi i am a pakistani national, resident in the UK on work permit. Do i need visa to goto south sinai resort only in egypt for 7 days?
    thnx
  • Hi,
    I am Bulgarian currently living in the UK(9 months up till now,a year by the time i plan to vist Egypt),what visa requirments are there in place ?.
    Thanks to any who reply.
  • When you arrive in Egypt purchase your Visa at one of the official booths at the Airport,they are very visible! Do NOT let your tour guide get it for you or do NOT get it where you get your Passport checked! The tour guide will overcharge you and will take your travel tickets and you will have no option but to pay the higher rate....!
  • I am due to take a cruise of the Med, with stop=overs of about 12 hours each in Alexandria and Port Said. Can I obtain necessary visa for short shore excursions or must I apply for a full tourist visa before leving home? I travel on a South African passport
  • Hi, I am Malaysian passport holder but currently living in Australia. I'm going to Egypt in a week time,so don't have much time to apply for visa here. Is it possible for me to apply upon arrival in Egypt?
  • Hi! I am a Filipina who would like to visit Egypt as a tourist. Where can i get pre entry visa and what are the requirements? How much money is needed to have for a bank statement? thank you
  • we r british citizens going to egypt in july 4 2 wks my 15 yr old sons passport runs out in september is it true he must have six months left on it thanks
  • Hello there,

I'm an EU national travelling from London to Kampala, through Cairo. I have quite a few hours to spend in Cairo, do I need to apply for visa beforehand or is it possible to buy visa upon arrival, for $15? Does that apply to EU countries as well as UK or America?

Thank you!!
  • hi there. we are british citizens and hold a british passports, we will be flying into taba and would like to visit petra, do we need avisas and if so can we buy them at taba airport. we may also go on a diving tour, will be need a visa for that also. thanks
  • I am a UK citizen and wish to purchase my single entry visa at Cairo airport which I understand is US$15. can this be paid in sterling, if so how much ?
  • Hi I am on a South African passport and travelling to Cairo for one night - can I buy a visa on arrival ?
  • yes you can ... it cost 15 $

SAMEH AL-ABHAR
    Contracting & Operation Manager
    sameh@sportsvoyages.com
  • hiii iam a venezuelean citizen , can i get the visa to egypt on arrival ??
  • Hello .
    Its Better to get it from Egyptian embassy in Venezuela

Sports Voyages Travel
  • so like that it will coast the same money "15 dollars ?? "
  • I am an Israeli citizen, I was wondering is Sinai OK for Israelis right now- security wise.
    My husband and i come every year for scuba and relaxation, we are just a little concerned right now. can you advise?
  • hello dido, Venzuelian holding passports get the entry visa to Egypt once they arrive in cairo airport. don't worry.
  • yes, dido. just 15. USD for the entry visa
  • thanks a lot Antoinette :)
  • Hi I am Pakistani passport holder with a valid UK resindence visa, do I need a visa for visiting South Sinai (Sharm El Sheikh) for 5 nights as a tourist? Many Thanks in advance for your assistance
  • hi Sal85, of course yes, you need to apply for the visa upon your arrival in sharm el sheikh airport or it is better to get it from the egyptian embassy in london before your arrival.
  • HI. I am a Sierra Leonean residing in the UK. I have a Sierra Leone passport with a UK residence permit. I am looking to go for 1week holiday to Egypt Sharm El Sheikh. Will i need a visa before departing?? Thanks Aisha.
  • Hi

I am a Singaporean, living and working in London. I am planning to go to Sharm el Shiek at the end of June. The problem is my current uk visa is due to expire in august, the egyptian consulate website says non EU passports need to have at least 6 months valid on their passports. I can't renew my visa more than a month before its due to expire. Does that mean that i would definitely be refused the egyptian visa if i apply for it? What other options do I have?

thanks and regards
    Pei
  • Hello im a filipino passport holder. Im aware that visiting sharm el sheikh, i dont need visa. But what if i want to visit outside south sinai, can i get it in sharm el sheikh airport? Thanks!
  • Hello Chan, No, you can get the entry visa to Egypt from the Egyptian embassY in your country if you like to go outside Sharm el Sheikh.
  • HI,am a kenyan citizen and i want to visit Egypt sharm el shekh for one week or two weeks,so should i need a visa or i will buy the visa in the airport when i arrive
  • You will get the entry visa to Egypt once you arrival to Cairo airport or sharm el sheikh airport for 15.00 USD Per Person.
    Any requirements are mostly appreciated.
  • My uk visa is expiring in 5 months time, will i still be eligible to apply for the egypt tourist visa? But I hold a Tanzanian passport.
  • hello im irene currently working in saudi arabia as a nurse, im planning to visit cairo egypt only for 3 days,where can i get tourist visa in saudi? what are the requirements and how much it will cost me?

thanks
  • Hi

I'm planning to go to sham el sheikh for a week holiday. Can anybody please please let me know, do I require a visa? I am a Tanzanian citizen passport holder but have UK resident visa, but which is expiring in november.

Please please please guide me.

Many thanks
  • HELLO, I JUST LEARNED THAT PHIL. CITIZENS ARE REQUIRED TO GET A PRE-ARRIVAL VISA.... JUST WANNA KNOW WHERE COULD I GET IT, AND HOW MUCH DOES IT COST....THANKS

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged