Passport requirements for greece and cyprus
  • my neice is coming on holiday with us to rhodes on 25th may 2011 for 1 week her passport runs out on the 6th july 2011 is this ok or will we need to renew her passport before we go
  • http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travel-and-living-abroad/travel-advice-by-country/europe/greece

If you are an E.U citzen you only need a passport valid for your stay. Non E.U citizens must have a passport valid for a period of 3 months after their stay.

www.simplycreteholidays.co.uk
  • thankyou for clearing that up much appreciated
  • I am holidaying in Rhodes 1st to 16th June. My 10yr passport expires 16/11/2011. Is there still sufficient remaining validity for me to enter Rhodes.?.
    Thank you for your help.
    katie
  • YOUR PASSPORT ONLY NEEDS TO BE IN DATE FOR THE TIME THAT YOU ARE THERE I GOT THIS INFO FROM THE GREEK EMBASSY
  • kathandian....
    Many thanks for your help and so quick too.
    katie.x
  • My passport were stolen. I have a emergency passport till 2011-06-08.
    I booked a tour to Mykonnos from Athens 28 May to 2 June. Can I visit Greece without a Visa or can I get a temporary Visa
  • If you are from UK you will not need a Visa for visiting Greece...
    Here is a link to the countries who need a visa to visit Greece ...

http://livingingreece.gr/2007/03/31/countries-that-require-a-visa-to-enter-greece/
  • We are travelling to Cyrpus in July and my sons passport expires in October 2011, can he still travel on that passport?
  • my family and me are travelling to Corfu 8/7/11. our passport expire Aug/ Sep 11. do i need to renew before we go?

Urgent reply required.

Thanks
  • @Anna - in all likelihood, yes. Depends on your passport though - for example, European passports are good for travel within the EU up to the date of their expiry.
  • Thanks DavidF, should have made it clear but all passports are Full English Passports.

Thanks
  • @Anna - looks like you will be fine then. From the UK Foreign Office site: "Non-EEA (European Economic Area) nationals travelling to Greece must have a passport valid for at least three months after the period of their intended stay or expiry date of their visa. Nationals of the EEA are exempt from the above regulation but must have a passport valid for the period of their intended stay."
  • Thanks, just saved me over £300.00
  • Hello...
    I have read all of the comments but need to ask to check before I try and apply for a passport renewal.
    I am due to travel to Greece (Crete) for 1 week from 14th - 21st July and my passport expires on 18th Oct 2011. Will I need to renew my passport in order to travel?
    I am a british citizen!
    Cheers!
    Lou
  • I travel to Crete 26th June,come back July 3rd...My passport runs out 29th August.do I have to renew it for just a week?
  • hi
    i would like to book a group holiday to malia but a couple of my friends have a jamaican passports, they have Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK.
    do they need a visa?
    how do i go about obtaining the visa?

Many thanks
  • I have a Greek passport, can I renew my passport in Corfu whilst on holiday, it has just run out, I will be travelling with it to Greece, but will need it renewed to come back to the U.K, any information on this would be greatly appreciated.
  • lm travling to corfu with my son on holiday for a week on the 21st of july but my sons passport expires in jan 2013 we are travling from dublin ireland to corfu we are irish citizens do i have to renew his passport .
  • If you are a citizen of an EU member country and you are travelling to another EU country then your passport must be valid for the duration of your stay.... that is the requirement.. !!!!
  • I AM TRAVELLING TO KEFALONIA ON 30/04/2013 AND RETURNING ON THE 07/05/2013 MY PASSPORT RUNSOUT ON THE 03/SEPTEMBER 2013 IS IT STILL VALID OR DO I HAVE TO RENEW IT BEFORHAND AS IT IS AN IRISH PASSPORT
  • I am Canadian, I will be visiting North and Southern Cyprus, I have had mixed answers on whether or not I can get into Greece if I have an entry stamp on my passport from North Cyprus, does anyone know for sure if it will be a problem to enter Greece if there is an entry stamp to North Cyprus from a previous trip???
  • We have Canadian passports that expire 4 months after our holiday to Crete - would this be considered valid? I was told by one travel agent 6 months and another 3 months.
  • Hi I'm traveling to Cyprus on the 6 of June for 5 days my passport expires on 13 of July can I still travel with this passport??? Thx
  • hi, im travelling to greece on the 29th of may until the 5th of june. my passport expires on the 18th of June. I am aware that because I am travelling within the EU, my passport only has to be valid for the duration of the stay but because I only have 13 days left on it when im back would this affect it? or will i get away with not getting another one? answers as soon as possible please if can, thank youuuuu :) x
  • l Have a Zimbabwean passport am currently staying in north cyprus&have a student visa l would like to know the requirements for the visa to travel to south cyprus
  • Here is the information regarding visas for Cyprus. http://www.cyprusvisa.eu/cyprus-short-stay-visa-requirements.html 
    You could try calling the Consular department , last number when you scroll down to the bottom of the page.
    Or you could be a little bold and go to the border checkpoint and ask the immigration officer what you need to enter Cyprus . If you are at the Eastern Med University then Famagusta is your nearest border crossing.

North Cyprus Border Crossings

Since 2004, when the Republic of Cyprus joined the EU, it has become much easier to cross the border between Northern Cyprus and the south. The locals cross the Cyprus border daily to shop, do business or just visit either half of Nicosia. If you are a tourist visiting North Cyprus, all you need to do is present your passport (and visa, if you need one for South Cyprus) at the Turkish Cypriot passport control, who will give you a white slip to fill out with your name, passport number and nationality. It is this white visa form that will be stamped by the Northern Cyprus border authorities, NOT your passport. Once over the North Cyprus border, your passport will be checked again by the Greek Cypriot authorities. You can cross the Northern Cyprus border as many times as you like, and stay as long as you want. The border crossings are open 24 hours a day. You cannot take a North Cyprus hire care south of the border.

• I had same issue, I think it needs to be valid for unleast 3 monthes if you are from europe you can get away with it.

check this out: http://greektravelforum.com/do-i-need-a-visa-to-travel-to-greece/

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged