validity of passport to enter/visit australia
  • Hi,

i am a greek citizen, living in middle east and holder of a greek passport. i am gonna visit australia end of june for 7 days and my passport is expiring on 1st of november 2011.
    Am i eligible to travel to australia or i will need to renew my passport?

thank you,

jim
  • Hi Jim,
    You may want to check with an Australian consulate or embassy to be sure, but my company EasyETA which offers Australian Visas, has never had anybody come back with a problem from their trip due to your above reason. Hence, in my opinion, as long as you can show immigration that you are departing out of Australia before your passport expires, you should NOT have a problem. But, again, you may want to confirm this with an embassy. Safe travels to you and if you need an Australian visa, don't hesitate to stop by! Take care and enjoy your trip.
  • EASYETA
    I WOULD LIKE TO USE YOUR COMPANY TO GET MY VISA FOR AUSTRAILIA. BUT I
    CAN'T FIND ANYBODY THAT HAS USE YOUR COMPANY AND THIER COMMENTS.
    ARE YOU WITH THE B.B.B. PLUS I'M GIVING YOU ALL MY INFORMATION FROM MY PASPORT ON YOUR WEB SITE , THAT WHY I'M SCARE PLEASE HELP ME
  • I am going to Australia in April 2013 but my passport expires February 2015. A friend told me that I will need 2 free years to go there now. Is this true? If so I will need to renew my passport.
    Thank you, Lynn
  • S.O.S.
    I don't know if this is the right section.... But.
    I have Finnish passport and I am planning to leave Australia in April 2013.
    My passport is valid until 16th of June 2013.
    Do you think I can travel back home without changing my passport in Australia?
    I would have to change flights in Thailand and China. I am not going to enter Thailand or China countries. Only transfer flights.
    I just know that some countries demand that the passport must be valid at least 6 months...
    But I am going back to my country, where I can change my passport also. And where I don't have to have passport valid 6 months...
    HELP
  • Traveler:

You should be fine, as long as you don't plan to leave the airport in Thailand and China. Most countries don't have expiry requirements for their own citizens.
  • i have a new US passport ... do i have to wait for 6months before entry

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged