Rome visit- 4 days- Urgent Tips required.
  • We are group of 10 people. 2 families(with one children each) and 4 bachelors. Overall 10.
    We are planning four day trip from amsterdam to rome. We will stay at rome and planning to cover vatican city, venice, pisa . yet to finalise things.
    we are hardly aware of accomodation. Which area should we target whereby commutation to sight seeing etc. is nearby. Also which are reasonable hotels. Via search on internet, not able to get good deals and not sure if search is in right direction.
    Please guide as we all are very new to country.
  • talking ab. Rome, in my opinion the area surrounding Vatican City is a good place to stay: here if you'r lucky, you can find something at cheap rates, but most of all the rea is well served by the underground. For this reason, you can easily move in Rome, and you are also walking distance to some of the most important places to visit when in Rome: the Vatican, Vatican Museums, Castel Sant'Angelo, Piazza Navona and so on...

if you accept my suggestion, you should first decide which kind of accommodation you need: hotel/B&B or apartment?
    and if looking for an hotel or B&B, decide which kind and how many rooms you need:
    state your budget: you can choose different areas according to your budget, or - in other words - your budget can decide which areas you can choose and which are too expensive

after that, you can start a search.
    and doing that, don't forget OUR website...

here our deals on Rome Hotels and B&Bs : http://en.reserver.it/Rome-hotel-deals.php
    :)
  • Rome has much to offer to all travellers, whether you're seeking archaeological wonders, amazing shopping deals, or a romantic adventure.
    Depending on your itinerary decide on the best area of Rome to book your accommodation. After all, you certainly don't want to be trekking around town all day and then have to travel for an hour to get back to the Hotel. We suggest you to stay in a Hotel in Rome City Centre

To avoid disappointment be sure to book your hotel in Rome well in advance since they can be expensive and choices can be limited if you leave it to the last minute.
    If you seek accommodation with maximum comfort and style then we suggest a luxury hotel or if in search of savings we suggest a cheap hotel.
  • if you would like some help finding accomodations at a reasonable price and itinerary suggestions including reservations for Vatican museum,
    walking tours etc. i would be happy to help that is my business
    just send the dates, budget and your priorities. I live outside of Rome half the year and know the city well.
    email annmasters@travelitalynow.com
  • Hi there,

My husband and I are traveling to Italy this June, since this is my second trip to Italy, I sort of know where I would stay before I booked the hotel. When you're planning on the accommodation to a city you've never been to, it's good to look up on trip advisor and see the reviews. I normally type in the city name and sort it by popularity, make sure you check 'Show TripAdvisor Top Values first'. It helps if you have a budget in mind first.

That being said, we are staying at Hotel Rosetta in Rome, their website is www.rosettahotel.com. 90 euros per night for a double room. The hotel is pretty well rated and is right besides Colosseum (less than 5 minutes I think). From there, it's a very easy walk to most of the major sites in the city.

We're staying in Hotel Al Ponte Mocenigo in Venice, their website is www.alpontemocenigo.com. 140 euros per night for a double room. Unfortunately hotels in Venice are the most expensive in Italy. Beautiful beautiful rooms on their website and great reviews too. So I think that's pretty much best bang for your buck.

There's not much in Pisa, not enough to drag your luggage there just for one night in my opinion. I'd recommend you to stay in Florence which is a great city, birth place of Renaissance, and take a day trip to Pisa.

If you have enough time, Cinque Terre is highly recommended, to lots of people, that's their favorite part of Italy. I'd missed it last time but plan to make it up this time around.

Hope these helps. If you have further questions (I have been to most of the major cities in Europe including Amsterdam and Paris), feel free to email me at underwateraq@gmail.com

Good luck and have fun.
  • Since we are going to rome from april10th-14th which would be rush period of tourist.
    I am in rome on 10th,11th,13th.
    incase bcoz of rush at all places eg: long queues at meuseum etc, which place for sure i should not miss to view or which place can be kept at last priority. I doubt i will be able to cover all places or not.

On above direction, can u pl. guide since totally new tothis region
  • Also, would like to know :
    i am travelling with my son age 3 yrs. Would pram be advisable to take in Rome so that movement would be ok.
    Or if roads are not smooth .
    Please advise
  • Don't miss the Colisseum, the Vatican city and the Trevi fountain. If traveling with a 3 year old, keep your excursions short, and maybe hire a taxi driver to make things less stressful with getting around. Expect queues at the Vatican but don't miss out on it - especially St Peters cathedral.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged