Passport expires in 6 months
  • Hi All,
    I am going to Auschwitz in a few weeks time. But have just discovered that my passport expires in 6 months. Will I still be ok to travel?
  • I suppose than if you have a British passeport and going to Poland, part of EU, it shouldn't be a problem but check it on Polish embassy website.
    while you are in Auschwitz - I recommend visiting Krakow and Wieliczka (with a beautiful salt mine).
  • Sorry I forgot to say I'm a British citizen with uk passport
  • I will check the embassy web site thank you.
  • Polish Embassy web site not up to much, I will try calling them tomorrow.
  • Hi! I just found this Entry requirements (it's Beata here - I just created my account on this website).

Entry Requirements - Passport validity
    You must hold a valid passport to enter Poland. For stays of up to three months your passport must be valid for the proposed duration of your stay; you do not need any additional period of validity on your passport beyond this. However, it is always sensible to have a short period of extra validity on your passport in case of any unforeseen delays to your departure. You do not have to wait until your old passport expires to apply to renew it. Any time left on your old passport when you apply will be added to your new passport, up to a maximum of nine months. For passport applications in the UK, you should apply to the Identity and Passport Service. For stays of longer than three months, contact the Embassy of the country to which you are travelling. UK passport holders can use their passports to visit Poland up to the date they expire.

I found it on http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travel-and-living-abroad/travel-advice-by-country/europe/poland
  • Many Thanks MissBebeti.

Looked everywhere for info appart from www.fco.gov.uk.

Much appreciated

cheers
  • you're much welcome. Hope you enjoy time in my native country. any questions about a country, customs etc- feel free to ask. if you need a car hire I can llet you know about a one I used. :)
  • Hi, I'm a U.S. citizen and my passport expires on March 12, 2012. I want to go to Canada just for 2 days on September 17, 2011. This falls right below the 6-month window, but 5 days.
    I checked a couple of sites and they said I only need a valid passport to enter Canada from the U.S., is this true?
    And will I be ok to get back into the States the next day?
  • Us citizens only need valid passport to travel to Canada. It can be less than 6months valid.
  • if that didn't help please call us at International Passport & Visas, we can help you ASAP 303.753.0424

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged