Are we completely mad going to Egypt in August?
  • Just booked a holiday to Egypt last minute, flying out mid August. Didn't do my homework (oops) and didn't realise it would be that hot!!. Is the heat so unbearable we won't want be able to do any sightseeing? I've always wanted to go to Egypt but reading some of the posts has really put me off. :-(
  • yes it's hot but i think you can manage it , you can start in the early morning for visiting the sightseeing to avoid the heat of the Mid day.
    Have a safe trip.

Marian
  • Egypt is very beautiful country, don't be off!! as visiting egypt is very important, and You can Enjoy the Program of FAWANIS which arranged by Egyptian Tourist Authority during the holy month Ramdan which match with your visit to Egypt.

Looking forward to welcome you www.egypttravelers.com
  • I've been there in August and I'm not going to lie; it's very hot! So after you've spent some time exploring the sight like the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings etc I would suggest spending some time on the Red Sea (maybe Dahab or El Quseir), where it is a little cooler.

Have a great trip!
  • i ve been to egypt in august also ,, it was soo hot but i went to alexandria and it was to some extent good ,, also i went to resorts in the north coast , it was wonderful ,,really i enjoyed it
  • I went to Egypt a few years ago, aslo in mid August for 2 weeks. It was hot, but managable relatively easily. I did a few sightseeing trips and it was fine.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged