Suggestions for exciting places & events in San Diego
  • Can somebody please tell me which are the most beautiful places to visit in San Diego? I will be leaving on 30th September and will be there till 5th October. I would love to know what places and exciting events I can check out during this time. I am sure about one event which I am going to check out is the Miramar Air Show which I guess will be on till 2nd October. Even my friends have told me that the air show presented by some of the really talented military aerobatic performers is truly spectacular. Moreover my elder cousin was in Navy and since this Miramar Air Show is about celebrating the 100 years of Naval Aviation, I am more keen to check out this event. Anyway I am going to put up in California Suites Hotel which is offering me good rates. I am all excited for the vacation and please do give your suggestions on events or places which are not so well known but are beautiful and worth exploring.
  • you can start taking the old town trolley, this hop off and hop on bus will give you the history about the city and you can be free to stay in the areas you like the most.

the city has a victorian area called "gas lamp" full of great restaurants, old homes and clubs, "the happening part of town at night"

balboa park "13 museums, lots of spanish buildings, teathres and gardes, a great place to visit and to relax

coronado island, great beach site, and wonderfull views of the pacific, the hotel del, a great dame of the city, very historic, the dukes of windsor spent time here and a historic landmark

the midway, battleship converted into a museum a great place to spend an afternoon,,
    the trolley system, is very reliable,for $5 a day you can use the transportantion from shopping malls to the border with mexico if you are curious of going there (as usual just be carefull, )

old town (the best mexican food by far, in the us) great historic spanish homes converted intomuseums and the best mexican restaurants of the city,

enjoy the weather will be exceptional, it ussuallly is,,

do i sound proud to be in san diego?? enjoy
  • Than you so much Augusto for replying. You have mentioned some really interesting options. I have visited Old Town, it has that old world charm and is one of my favorite places in San Diego. Balboa Park is so vast that I could not explore it one day. Gaslamp Quarter surely has some of the best nightclubs and I had a great time there. As you suggested, I would like to check out Coronado, may be on my next vacation. San Diego is definitely a great place to stay.
  • San Diego is really a beautiful place to spend holidays there are many beautiful places to visit like Mount Soledad, San Diego Zoo.Many adventurous activities can be done there like Perris Valley Sky Diving,scuba diving, & many more.
  • The San Diego Zoo and Seaworld are two of the best animal parks in the US, and you should definitely try to see at least one of them. San Diego is also right on the border of Mexico, so many people like to take a day trip to Tijuana for the restaurants and shopping. Check out Word Travels' San Diego travel guide for other ideas.
  • Gorgeous beaches,Balboa Park are the best places t visit in San Diego.Balboa Park is the best to visit and enjoy the trip.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion