Scammers from Ghana
  • I met this guy online from Accra Ghana we only chatted online a month he ask me to marry him and move to Ghana with him I told him no things are moving to fast we need time now all of a sudden he needs a laptop because he damage the one he had for his job I told him no thats not my problem my gut feeling he is a scammer. And still insisting that I move to Ghana and marrry him even when I said no
  • Do not believe him, sounds like a complete scammer to me.
  • http://www.wordtravels.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=7691&page=1#Item_0
    http://www.wordtravels.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=2959&page=1#Item_0
    http://www.wordtravels.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=3230&page=1#Item_0
  • Hi Trust48,
    please do not speak to this guy in Ghana the red flashing lights should have told you that he is a scammer. Completely take yourself off his chat as you will only hear lies and sob stories and he will get into your mind and heart.
    These people are very clever, I was scammed by a guy who took me for a 4 year journey, money, marriage and promies. As soon as he got his residency he up and left. The pain is too great. Stay with your own kind and don't get involved with these scammers from Ghana nothing good will come from it.
    He will tell you and beg you that he is real and the tears will tear at your heart. Get out before its too late for you.
    from
    Bittene once
  • trust 48
    If you still don't believe that this guy is a scammer. Go to as many scammers websites and read. Go to Ghana scammers, romance scams website and read all the stories. They start with the laptop, then it will be the visa, the airticket, sick mother, the list goes on and on. There are between 18 and 24 million people living in Ghana and there is an internet cafe on every street and day and night these young men are there trying to get a victim. Once they have you they will manipulate you, and take notice they don't answer too many questions, they leave you to talk and thats how they pick up on your likes and dislikes, about your family etc. Once they have enough information then they will play you. They will adjust their age to close to yours and tell you age doesn't matter. These are young boys between 18 and 35 and all they do is scam.
    Be careful as questions with the next person and don't devulge too much information about yourself.
    Bitten Once
  • Thanks for this valuable information the other thing is he keeps saying how he hates the US its so corrupt that really set me off , but when i told him no about the laptop he told he will never ask me fo amything again i told him good then don't ask but dont worry im not a fool
  • do not believe him ,
    There are many romantic scammers basically, the scammer wants to connect to you (woman), get to know you and love you for what you are. He makes you believe that he is a poor person battling in his life then, once he knows his victim is hooked, he lures you into buying (and paying) for a mobile phone through which you can talk to him. Once the payment is done, you become a victim and you never get what you paid for. Often, victims continue connecting to a person (women) till he loots a huge amount of money from them. So be careful of that romantic scam which makes the victim mostly woman to believe him.
  • Yeah he told me that the laptop he had for his job was damaged and that could I get him one from Wlamart because they are cheaper and the the one in Ghana cost 1500 because if he dont have the laptop he will lose his job now when I told him no he said he has lost his job because i wouldnt get the laptop I told him thats not my problem and this happen after he said he was coming to the US to meet me. Then he told me I need to come to to Ghana and meet him so we can get married since he cant afford to come to the US since he lost his job and it will take him 2to 4 yrs to find another one now he was trying to play the guilt trip on me saying I don't love him which I dont you cant fall in love with someone that soon and whom you never met.
  • Clear trap...Please don't believe him.now he demand the laptop,if you will give that later he is going to ask something greater than laptop.no doubt on that.Please avoid his calls,if you continue the talk with him ,that will invite harmful things to you.So please you should take care yourself.
  • Have been a victim contacted the phone number on ghanapolice.info which led me to locate the officials of Ghana Crime officials at : info.ghanapolice@consultant.com.
    If it sounds too good to be true.....
  • Hi Every one

Any one on this forum please stay away from any one on a dating site from Africa especally west africa it will only lead to trouble!

Angeleyess
  • i had one go by the name raymond lardson. his real name is..PRINCE AGEDZI BURNS. i played him along.. he asked for £500 in return he was sending me literally a ton in weight of gold which he had found in ghana. Which i told him i had sent through money gram.. then he asked for an ipad and an iphone. i said i would as i can buy brand new ones with my gold. when he went off line i left him a message for him to find when he came back on. copied all the conversation and posted it on facebook for all my friends to have a laugh.. I sooo enjoyed scamming the scammer:)
  • Listen very carefully to what I am am to say. I have not gotten scammed by this guy yet, and I will not. Thank God that I am a poor woman and can't send any money anyway. This guy claims to live in Newport News, Va. He says he also has a house in Ohio. Started out on date site, profile no picture wants to send pic through yahoo email and talk on IM. Well I only live hrs drive , but I asked him for his pic anyway. His pic turned out to be the same pic another man had sent to me back in Sept 2012. I told him that so I had got the same pic and he said that guy must have been a bad guy. I kept playing along with him to see if I could bust him wide open. Well it worked. First it was your friend Robert then it was then he would sign off with your future and Loving King. Claimed his wife died and he has a 11 year old little girl, come on now who in their right mind (a female) his wife has a baby at age 48? HA HA This guy was very clever, He had his name listed in Google white pages as Robert Kent real estate developer. But then his address was also listed with 2 other people. And of course the romance emails keep flowing in. I am sitting back laughing coz this guy could make a living at just write romance emails. Of course he said the people were bad people using his address. He was very good but not good enough. So I said we should meet All of a sudden he has to go to Ghana to buy gold for his jewery company, aawww the plot thickens, He sends to me a ring via post office I did not give him my address, A cheap ass 29 dolloar ring that he put someone els's name on as the one that purchased the ring said it was an agent that worked for him. I just threw it in the drawer. The very next day he claims that he is at the airport with his little girl Sophie, and he needs to send money ahead for the hotel reservation and western union not open yet. Ha Ha He says he will pay me back as soon as he gets to Ghana. Yeah right Once again I tell this cat that I am very poor no money. He gives me the guilt trip You don't Love me you don't love our daughter ok whatever. Funny he sends me a ring on thursday fed ex and then on friday no money hah ha. Now he says he gets to Ghana and now he can't cash his check gave all his other money to the gold dealers. here we go again, He wants money for food until friday this is Monday. Once again I tell him no money that he needs to find someone else. Oh no he loves me and only me says I call him a scammer a lyer Blah Blah Blah. So about one week later now he says he wants to help the LITTLE KID'S HOME wants my bank acct number so he can send me money to buy stuff in the states for the home. Ok enough is enough I have had it with this guy First I called his church and talked to his priest, no such person exists, I called Real Estate Board, No such soul, I went to his house, An Old couple lives there Never heard of him. Checked into his email he has been sending the other crap to others. Ok So you ask me why did I bother? For one curiosity, second I wanted to see for my self coz this guy was really good he even had videos of the kid. AND THE MAIN REASON I WANT ALL YOU OTHER WOMEN TO REALLY WATCH AND BE CAREFUL. DO SOME CHECKING ON THE GUY IT CAN BE DONE AND I HOPE TO GOD THAT THIS CHARACTER STEPS HIS FOOT OUT ONE TIME TOO MANY AND GETS IT STEPPED ON. STICK WITH GUYS THAT LIVE CLOSE BY, DO NOT GIVE OUT ANY BANK ACCT INFO OR ADDRESS. IF YOU GO ON A DATE SITE THERE ARE GOOD PEOPLE OUT THERE ITS JUST THAT THERE ARE SO MANY SCAMMERS OUT THERE NOW THEY OUTNUMBER THE GOOD GUYS. . NO I WAS NOT SCAMMED BY THIS GUY WITH MONEY BUT HE ALMOST GOT MY HEART AND TOOK MY TIME SO LADIES PLEASE BE CAREFUL THANKS
  • Hi-
    My name is Hope. I met this guy named "Robert Kent" on Chemistry.com (Internet Dating Site). He claimed to be a Real Estate Developer in Newport News, Va. He said his wife died in a car accident and he is raising his 9 yr. old daughter Sophie. He also claims he has a house in Ohio too. The first few weeks chatting with him on Yahoo Chat, he was already telling me how much he loves me & referrring to me as his queen. He was always ending his e-mails by calling himself your loving king and husband to be. As Valentine;s Day was approaching he asked for my address to send me a card. I did give him my address, instead of a card, he purchased a huge refrigerator with my name as the P/U person. He told me he was coming to Pa with his daughter to visit me, and when he gets here we will donate the refrigerator to an orphanage. 2 days later. he calls to say he put a bid in to build a road in Ghana, South Africa and got the work. Now, he's writing from South Africa telling me that he's purchasing washing machines, beds, comforters, lap top, cellphones and their all being shipped to my house & I should send it all to Ghana. The minute I refused he started saying "You don't love me or Sophie(his daughter). You never cared about us. I did print out all the yahoo. chat conversations and took them to the Police. He deffinitely is a scammer. I was informed by the Police to stay clear away from him. The Police did set up a file on Robert Kent and all the information that I obtained speaking with Robert Kent is located in that file.
  • I hope only you can answer this question truely.No one guide you through this.If you think you that guy is trustworthy then go for it but my opinion is,first make sure what he is upto.
  • This is for Costalessgolf:
    How could you respond back with an answer so ridiculous. This guy in not trustworthy by any means. He was scamming me. In fact, I told him about this site & that everyone knows he's a scammer. He's picture is all over the Ghana Scammers Profile. I have a feeling that Robert Kent used the name Costalessgolf and wrote that response back to me.
  • Any one you meet on the net be it yahoo, dating sites, chats, email that ask you for money within a short period of time are not real!!! Especially from Nigeri and Ghana. These parasites spend day and night trying to get a victim. Older woman are there pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. They will spend weeks and even months convincing you that they love you. They will use every trick in the book for you to feel sorry for them. Once you send money they know they can get more and more from you. These (mostly men) its their life their job to make money off you. They can be very convincing. They either have a sick mother, stuck at the airport trying to get to your country. They confess their dying love for you. They will convince you to come to their country to prove their undying love. They will trap you and you will be left with either a broken heart or no money or both. Stay clear of them.
  • THE GUY IN GHANA NAMED JAMES MILLER AND HAS A GUY FROM THE EMBASSY NAMED EMMANUEL AMPOFO TO SIGN FOR MONEY FROM MONEY GRAM IS WHO I THINK YALL ARE TALKING ABOUT.I HAVE BEEN SCAMMED BY HIM BADLY, BUT I WILL SURVIVE AND GOD WILL SEEK VENGEANCE.
  • A handsome man, a romantic italian, a very in depth and elaborate story,promises of happy days and love. called himself tony pirlo a widower , who had just won a contract to supply hospital equipment to Ghana. al of a sudden asking me to buy him an i phone 5 and send to him as his didn`t work!! don`t think so . Luckily i twigged how many didn`t?? Beware
  • hi people of the world i started chatting to a lady on fast flirting about a week ago she used to in live in canada then moved to ghana to sort out her late husand estateshe asked if i could help her with a loan so she could get her late husbands mining project up and running.i emailed the ghana police to see if they can trace this female to see if she is real or just a scammer.these internet chatrooms have to sort there mess out now.
  • I hope the moderators for this board see the messages from userbans_l565 and removes this posters messages but if not please be warned...

Do not send an email to the address in the posting....likely this is a scammer or an accomplice to the scammers who will just be looking to scam you again...usually this is referred to as a "recovery scam" don't fall for it. 

Look for the email address mentioned in userbans message in this website which supports my claim. See John's response to this posters comments.

http://www.pbase.com/bmcmorrow/accra&page=3

Hopefully once you realize you have been scammed you stop communicating with the scammer and all parties associated with him/her. Your money cannot be recovered and you will never really find out who the person is behind the scam.

Learn and move on. If you are looking for online dating sites for relationships try to stick to your own area and make plans to meet in a public place. If the person is unable to meet and makes excuses to be going overseas especially to Africa or in particular Ghana you know you are communicating with a scammer. Stop all communication and move on.

• Be advised that the Ghana Police Service
    website is http://www.police.gov.gh/ not a domain ending in info.com.  Furthermore, Ghana Police use email addresses
    ending in .gov.gh, not @consultant.com. 
    Any post or site recommending info.ghanapolice at consultant dot com is
    false and is a criminal attempting to scam you. 
    For additional information, contact the U.S. Embassy or real Ghana
    Police.

• Does this story sound familiar to anyone...Lives in the US - from Italy - wife died a few years ago in car accident - has a 15 year old son - lives in Georgia.  Does contracting work for gold, diamond mining - sends photos of himself - very very good-looking - met through dating site - very very romantic - emails through yahoo - text - full of loving wonderful words.  Wants to purchase a home near where you live.  Awarded a multi million dollar contract in Ghana has to travel there for the next month.  Bank wouldn't give a loan, will have to travel with limited funds - he is there for a day and asking that I send him an iPhone 5s unlocked because he can't use his phone and no access to internet (although I understand there is an internet cafe on every corner in Ghana).  When I told him he could unlock his phone himself and I could send directions, he told me no it can't be done and he needs me to fed x phone to him.  In addition, he has texted me things that appear to be exactly the same as what he has texted me before (just don't have texts to compare still).  He is going to email the address to send the phone - just waiting on it now.  Of course, telling me that our hearts and souls are connected even in such a short period of time.  I want to believe him, but something just doesn't feel right.  Also, mainly wanted to text and not speak on the phone until recently.  Does this sound familiar to anyone?  I would be happy to share photos he sent to see if it is the same person.
  • OMG are you really going to send this scammer an iphone ? This person is a liar. Do not send the phone to him.

No individual would be granted a multimillion dollar contract in Ghana. Newmont Mining Corp one of the largest gold producers in the world has just cut 600 jobs in Ghana, AngloAshanti Gold has also cut 400 jobs in January.
    The price of gold has dropped by 28% in the last year, even Ghana's illegal gold miners have had to pack up,

Diamond mining in Ghana is small and is not even on the list of major global producers. 

Scammers all use the same story, a widowed man with a child who lives in the USA/UK/Australia but works overseas usually in Nigeria , Ghana or some other far flung place.

This person is probably a Ghanaian who has stolen his photographs from the internet. Keep away from him
    I suggest you read some of the posts on this site about scammers from Ghana and Nigeria
  • Thank you Alethia.  Yes, the more I have done research today the more I am convinced it is a scan.  And no, I will not be sending him a phone, but he doesn't know this.  He is forwarding me an address to send it to in Ghana as he thinks I have purchased the phone.

It has crushed my heart, although all through our communications I have always questioned in my mind if he was real or not - always leaning toward no, he is not real.  I have even brought this to his attention and he never questioned me wondering this - just ignored it.  But even with my questioning this in my head, my heart wanted him to be real.  I am such an idiot!!!!!

His cell phone does have the area code of where he says he is from in the US and the temporary cell phone he is using to text me in Ghana of his "driver" has the country code correct for Ghana.  I just don't know what to do with it now.  I don't want him to hurt another and want to report it.  Just don't know who to report it to.

How pathetic...I actually feel as if a death has occurred...the death of the person he created and caused me to fall for...the death of the person I wanted him to be.
  • I know you feel hurt but it really could have been much worse. You have had a lucky escape, these men can be so charming and we all want to be loved.

Apart from posting his name and photos on a site such as http://romancescams.org/ you really cannot do much more.

Chin up Lori and I wish you all the very best 
  • Thank you - so spoke with him this evening as he doesn't know I know anything - so it was sad to talk and listen to him talking to me as if everything is just wonderful. He is good for sure - even told me he was so concerned because he couldn't reach his son in the US. How much money could they be making having women send them iPhones - and more specifically asked me what color phone I would buy and told me not to buy black. Thank you for the site - the worst part is I don't know if I will ever be able to allow myself to believe another man.
  • Lori, theses scammers do not stop at iphones, that is just the start,
    they often ask for money. You said he was concerned he cannot contact his son,
    this could be the start of a story that he will use to ask you for money. 
    As for not trusting men, there are signs you can look for that are give
    aways for scammers.

How to spot a scammer and avoid
    Internet dating scams:

1) Be very suspicious if they say they lost their
    wife and have one or two 'KIDS' living with them or a relative. They are from
    the USA/UK etc  have a home in the USA
    but their work takes the abroad often to Africa (Nigeria or Ghana are popular)

2)
    Scammers will write: "I am removing my account soon" or say
    "they rarely log on to this site" to indicate the urgency for you to
    reveal your contact information.

3)
    Military pictures should turn on your scam radar warning. Some of the biggest
    scams occur from supposed soldiers in the armed services with a believable sob
    story and a desperate need to settle down. 

4)
    Scammers sometimes write in poor broken English, they often use "i” and
    not "I" when speaking about themselves. On the internet they find and
    use false attractive photos.

I have had to write a second post on this subject as it wont fit on here no matter how I try.

• How to spot a scammer part 2

5) Scammers ask for money or help moving money for
    personal reason or family or business claiming that they need money so they can
    get a visa and flight ticket to come and visit the person who sent them the
    money. Electronic goods such as iphones , tablets etc are also on the scammers  wish
    list.

There is a simple rule to follow when meeting new people online who are
    asking you to send money or goods. Don’t send it!

6) An online dating scammer will request
    immediately that you reveal your private email address or to use Instant
    Messaging

7) Look out for people who reply to your messages
    but do not include any reference to what you have written and do not answer
    your questions in their messages. They may be sending pre-written messages.
    Flattery is used and they often plagiarize words from poems and prose
    found on the internet.

8) You should also be suspicious about messages
    saying they viewed your profile and are suddenly madly in love with you and are
    soon interested in marriage with you.

9) Men, don't be foolish,
    no outrageously-beautiful young woman is going to develop a relationship with a
    man 20-40 years her senior or a plain geek.. Don't allow yourself to be 'in
    love with the idea of being in love'. This requires real people who know each
    other and takes time to develop. Anything less is most likely just a pipe dream
    for a guy who wants to recapture his youth.

10) Look out for words like "dear" an old-fashioned romantic
    language, as well as badly formed sentences.

• Your insight is right on point - I don't think there was one thing that you said that he hadn't done. The Dear and Hun and Sweetheart...very heavily used... All those terms if endearment that women love to hear - showing tenderness and romance. How do you know so much? He is now telling me he will give the address to send the phone after I buy it - I plan in telling him I bought it even though I won't what should I do with the address - I sent an email to the police in Ghana but I would like to send the address - I have all texts and emails saved and found a person very near where he says he lives with the same name and age...I fear he is using his identity...although I don't even think it is the regular person who is texting me as in reviewing the texts it appears that there are more than one person texting based on format and language. One is sweet romantic and loving the other is brief an short. Is this normal - they switch off?
  • Lori, I am a British, immigration and human rights lawyer, I have seen many scams including people trying to obtain visas for the UK and Europe. There are several internet sites with information and photos. Even the US government has a site dedicated to scammers http://ghana.usembassy.gov/romance_scam.html

Check out this public announcement from the US government https://www.ic3.gov/media/2011/110429.aspx
    The difficulty is you do not know who the scammer really is, you don't know his real name and it could be more than one person. 

The scammer may have more than one victim on the go, after all to them defrauding people is a business.

• Wow! I am literally amazed at all the stories of people who have had to deal with scammers. I guess I've been pretty lucky, only have had to deal with the Somalian Prince emails wanting to send me millions of dollars.
    Yes, he's been in contact with me too. He used the name Giovanni Bellini. I gave him a very hard time about stealing the name of a Renaissance artist. He's very passionate, very attentive, and very disappointed that I won't give him any money. I have photos that he claims to be him, but I told him that the photos that he claimed were of his house, were taken from a magazine, and his "paintings" appear on several other websites. He even sent me an itinerary of his trip to Ghani, but messed up on one flight #. It was s nonstop NY to Puerto Rico instead of Atlanta.
    I told him he needs to avoid people who admit to being journalists. He even put his teenage son on the phone once. Same charming accent. Hardly likely for a kid who has been living in Atlanta virtually all his life.
  • Feelingstupid - please email me offline at FloridagirlLh@gmail.com.  I would like to show you photos he sent me to see if he is the same person.  He is still contacting me, even after I accused him of trying to scam me.  He got very upset and tried to turn the whole thing around on me.  I told him I was going to an art gallery today and if it is the same person, I want to tell him the art exhibit was a Giovanni Bellini exhibit and see how he reacts - I really really need to be able to laugh about this or I will just continue to cry.  He is very passionate, very attentive and says everything you could ever want to hear from a man.  I have to wonder...if a scammer can figure out what we all want and need to hear as women, why the heck can't regular men????
  • So as an update to my experience with being scammed by someone in Ghana.  The name the person in Ghana is using to scam me is Anthony Delia.  He says he is originally from Italy but currently lives in Dublin Georgia.  He is charming and romantic (like you are reading a romance novel - the perfect man in every way).  He says that his wife died shortly after moving to the US and that he has a 15 year old son names Diego.  He sends photos of himself - very good-looking Italian man.  Photos of his parents and him, photos of him and his son, photos of him and his dead wife and photos of artwork he claimed to paint.  He says that he is a geologist and works in gold and diamond mining.  About a month into communicating, he tells you that he has been awarded a management contract for a new mine to be dug in Ghana (along the way he tells you about his presentations and meetings to be awarded the contract).  He will in real time watch TV programs with you (i.e. the Olympics).  He will send you a flight itinerary from Georgia to Ghana, contact you from the airports and send photos of himself in the airport.  During his conversations prior to going, he will tell you that most likely he won't be able to speak with you during the trip because he doesn't know what type of internet connection he will be able to get (by the way, shortly after texting with him initially - I met him through JDate - he wants to email and msg thru his yahoo account because it has faster and better quality messaging).  He takes his time though.  He will send you the account and tell you that he is trusting you with it.  He then tells you he took his account on JDate off.  He will give you his phone number but never answers when you call.  He calls you right back.  This is because most likely he is in a room full of people who are online and making calls.  The call comes into one of the many many phones in the room and someone goes to get him - same with texting.  He will give you a local number in Georgia, but apparently this is really not a local number.  There is something called MagicJack that transforms numbers into local numbers (I learned this from another scammer that is now contacting me telling me how bad scammers are in Ghana and how the program works...interesting how he knows so much about the scam world).  Once in Ghana, he will tell you how very much he misses you and that he is calling you or texting you on a borrowed phone from his driver because his US phone doesn't work and he will ask you every so lovingly and nicely to buy him an iPhone and send it to him so he can speak with you and because he needs it to communicate with the Bank in the US on his loans for the Gold Mining project.  But interestingly...he is particular about the color of the phone...he doesn't want black - lol.  When I told him that friends told me I was being scammed and he was lying, he got very upset and hurt.  How could I ever think those things of him...I was a horrible person for believing this...on and on.  At this point, I already knew he was scamming me, but so interested in what was going to come next that I played along (even though I felt as if my heart had been broken in 2 - I felt so horrible that I could be so stupid because even though I had read everything online about what was going on...I just didn't want to believe it...I wanted to believe that this was the 1 in a million time that he was real and I felt bad thinking badly about him - I woke up quickly).  So I begged him to forgive me - professing my undying love.  I told him I would buy him a phone and send it.  He provided me with a Name and address to send it to.  I tried to report it to the FBI online scamming site and to the Ghana online scamming site, but never heard back from them.  Immediately he asked that when I send it, to provide him with a tracking number. I wanted to wait and see if someone who I reported it to would get back to me so I could provide the address - so I reassured him that I would send the phone to buy some time.  So, I went to the  store and got the manager to allow me to take a photo of a new iPhone, just in case he wanted to see it.  I then told him I would ship it.  So the next day he asked for the shipping number, and since no one had gotten back to me yet, I created a story.  I told him that I had been in a car accident.  I told him that the phone was in the car when it was towed and I couldn't leave the house because I didn't have a car and was injured.  This went on for a week - him professing his missing me and pretending to care, me telling him the same and finally I told him I got the phone back and sent it.  Then I kept forgetting to get the tracking number from the office.  The night before I was going to tell him about how I basically scammed him back, I got a posting on this site about the same man doing the same thing to someone else using a famous artists name Giovanni Bellini.  I immediately contact him and told him I was going to a wonderful art exhibit by Giovanni Bellini...he was very good...didn't even skip a beat.  Amazing!  So the next day when he asked for the tracking number again or asked that I track it for him I had to fess up.  By the way, he did offer to pay for the phone himself and wire money INTO MY BANK ACCOUNT!!!!  Like I was going to give him that information!!!!  Well in reality...if I hadn't figured it out...I might just have given it to him...I fell in love with this man - or at least the created version - in my mind I still love the Anthony that was created...I know, it is crazy.  So in the end, I did not tell him I know he scammed me...I told him that I was too embarrassed to tell him I had no money and thought that I was going able to come up with the money in time to cover my lie of sending it to him.  I wanted to see what he would say.  Well my answer was clear there...either send the phone or forget about him is what he said.  Many texts went back and forth on this.  I have to wonder what he was more pissed about...putting all that work into getting a phone or being tricked for such a long time.  So that is the end.  I decided to do an experiment and post my photo on a site without any bio or info to see what would happen.  Interestingly I have been contacted by so many guys - not knowing a thing about me.  But one in particular stands out - who is madly in love with me after 2 days - lol. This person says all the same things that this "Anthony" said.  All the same references to things that might make me crazy or sad if I was reflecting on Anthony.  References to same songs, things we would do together...the texts come at times shortly after I would get texts from Anthony or at the same time Anthony was texting - like this Anthony is telling the new texter what to write.  Also this new texter tells me how horrible men in Ghana are and what scammers they are.  He tells me how the program works.  I have to wonder...did "Anthony" or one of his buddies find me again right away?  If I didn't know that it was all made up, the things going back and forth would make me crazy, as maybe they plan it to be.  Or maybe they all just use the same script.  Anyway...Please, please please be careful.  And remember...what seems too good to be true, usually is.
  • Ladies, just be careful. I've been to Nigeria 3 times with my husband and I would never go alone. We met on the internet but he lived in Germany so I visited him there several times. I filed for him and he was here within a year. We are happily married. Just take your time.
  • Well same story as the lady from the story of October 2011,  I have been in many sites meet a few guys never worked out.  I had opened tagged and about to close it a day after this James Cole text me and how can I not look as such an handsome guy 6'2" with these honey color eyes,   he even had pictures of his about to be 6 years old son who he named Nelson. I have been reading the bible and as we text I felt something real that I had never in my life before.  I guess I wanted to believe he rushed me text him because he had to go to work and it was easier for him.  I said to myself what harm can be in that?  so I text him  he told me he won a lottery @ the age of 19 to come from Cuba.  Its hard for a James Cole to be from Cuba, I let it slide.  He told he had a brother that died from a hole in his heart and he was a widow for 2 year his wife died in a car accident.  I was impressed by his text he will ask me lots of question and I answered.  We will text all day from a 425 number which was Washington he said he was in Africa on a business trip and he relocated to Florida 2 months ago.  He will be back home in 2 weeks and he opened a tagged because he wanted to move on and he saw my pictures and as soon as I text him he closed his account.  Which I checked and he did not even the conversation of us was there weird.  He will talk about how much he loved me that I was an Angel sent by God.  The thing is I felt the same way a week after texting he tells me its his son B-day the next day he said his son had fallen from the bed and broke his neck.  Everything fine his son Nelson was going to be released from the hospital today but last night he tells me he spent all his money in hospital bill and he need money to pay the hotel.   He gives me the name of the hotel manager because he could get the money faster and his name was AWE DUTON CHRISTOPHER   so I google him and look I found a similar story same name on this site.   In the October 11 he used Christopher Cole but the same name for the western union money to be deposit.  May God forgive him and we woman need to wake up and smell the coffee if its to good to be true is false. I wish I could post pictures he sent me so girls and women could be aware.
  • I think I am in the middle of a scam and would appreciate anyone who can respond. I met a guy on a dating site 4 for widowers, I am unfortunately a widow. This guy, his name is Peter Lance Cullin, he lives in USA but wants to return to Australia, his Dad was Australian. At the moment he is in Kuala Lumpur and has won a huge contract to build bridges and roads. His wife died in a car accident, he has a brother with a spinal injury and he has a daughter. He reads the bible, he has started texting and often rings me. He has an accent, not American or Australian, he said he lived in Germany for a long time and has a Dutch accent (Could be nigerian). Lots of undying love, when I asked for a photo of him with a current newspaper he got cranky, he did send one but I could not see the date. I am going to ask him to Skype me over the weekend but last night he asked me to get an Australian phone credit so he can ring and text as often as he wants - sounded weird to me, the "Contract" is worth millions. I think the website "Date A Widower" is full of scammers. His pictures are good, him with his mother, him with his daughter, him signing this million dollar contract, even sent a copy of the contract but I googled it on world maps and could not find the company. I'm feeling sad because I think I am in the middle of a scam. Thanks for reading
  • I can say without a shadow of a doubt that this man is a scammer. All the signs are there.

1) A man born in one country who lives in another country but works in a third country 
    2) Has has tendered successfully for a contract in a foreign country.
    3) Widowed with a child and a sick relative. Sometimes it is the child who becomes ill.
    4) Has plenty of money to come from his work/contract but asks you for money or goods
    5) The photos are not his and look nothing like him
    6) Why would a person who lived in Germany have a Dutch accent?

Stop all contact with this man and inform the dating site of your concerns. Unfortunately dating sites are infested with scammers. Just be on your guard and if they fit the above profile or ask for money stop contact
  • Thank you for this response, you have confirmed what I suspected. I did contact the website but got a rubbish response. Today I have asked him if we can Skype at the weekend, he said yes. I am wondering how he could do that if he is a scammer, I wonder how he will get out of it. It makes me sad that I went on a website looking for a widower, I am a widow and yet I meet some f@@king creep trying to scam me. Makes my blood boil but I hAve lost nothing, just made me stronger and much more wary. Good advice, thank god I found this website but I think I had a gut feeling which is why I went looking for answers.
  • Just wait you will see his internet connection will be down or Skype wont work  ;)

If you have not done so already read back through the posts on here on March 1st I wrote a whole item on how to spot a scammer.
    By the way, how can a man with a small company beat large international competitors and Malaysian companies to build a bridge and roads in Malaysia, utter nonsense.
  • I KNOW I WAS SCAMMED FOR A FACT THE GUY TOLD ME HE WASN'T INTO NETWORKING THAT'S WHY HE DIDN'T HAVE SKYPE  EVERYTHING WAS BY TEXT OR EMAILS BUT HE SEND ME PICTURES OF A VERY HANDSOME AFRICAN AMERICAN MIX EVEN A COPY OF HIS PASSPORT  AND HIS NUMBER WAS FROM SEATTLE WASHINGTON HIS FACEBOOK PAGE WHICH I NEVER ADD HIM HAD 29 FRIENDS ONLY AND FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD I WONDER IF THOSE PICTURES WERE STOLEN AND THE PERSON DOESN'T EVEN KNOW SOMEONE FROM NIGERIA IS USING HIS PICS  OR IS IT TRULY HIM ?
    ANY SUGGESTIONS??
  • Altria I wish I could show you the certificate for the roads, it is 13.5 million yet he has just asked me for an Australian $100 phone recharge because he can't get it in Malaysia. He has also been blessed with a beautiful body that women crave yet he loves me.... A 55 year old widow! It is so stupid that it is funny. Let's see what he says about Skype, I have just emailed him and told him I am going to show the certificate to my girlfriend who is Malaysian, can't wait to see what he says about that.
    I am onto this scammer, let him waste his time, I'm giving him nothing.
    You are right Althia, utter nonsense and you made me laugh - Thankyou for responding
  • Keep in touch ukgirlinoz and let us know how things go. If you want you can send me the certificate to info@astonlawpractice.com then we can have a good laugh  =))
  • he has given me a phone number to recharge, how can I check the number?
  • I replied to your email and I am now convinced he is a Nigerian scammer . What number does it start with? eg mobiles from UK start 07 Australia is 04 so whats his number? 
  • Thanks Althea, I have emailed you. You have been such a great help before I lost any money
  • Never been to online dating since i always met my lovers in
    real life
    Well, after the broken hearteds, I decided to try my luck on
    the net.
    I registered on afrodating.com in search of a beautiful
    woman for a soul mate.
    Unforunately, my fate lied on the wrong person, i waked to
    read a
    message on the site from marylove from Ghana, a white lady
    of 28yrs
    old as She told me.
    Her mum was a missionary and went to Afrixa with her and
    could not
    come back as the local Church needed their service and She
    lives in a
    mission home.
    I fell for her when she sent me a gift on my birthday through
    my postal address.
    We decided to meet each other in real life and She demanded
    money on
    numerous occasion in coming to us.
    I told her the game was over when she try to smuggle
    product which i
    knew nothing about it to the UK, as a surprised.
    I lost nearly £18,000.00 to her and with assitance from a
    close friend
    of mine i reported the story to the cybercrimeoffice of
    Ghana( info.ghanapolice at consultant. com ) and reports
    received that
    fraudster are been trace and my case would receive a
    favourable
    condition.
    Am currently in Ghana where i have met officials of the Crime
    Unit and
    Police and hopefully these scammers will be brought to
    justice.
    The Officials of the crime unitt never requested money from
    me.
    Thank You
    ANDY BOB.
  • My scammer got the shits because I questioned why a man with a multi million dollar contract wanted an Australian $100 phone charge card and I haven't heard from him since. Good riddance, I now think dating sites are full of scammers targeting vulnerable people, this was true for you too by the sound of it Andy Bob. I don't know what the answer is but I'm sorry it happened to you and me but you lost a lot more money. Take care and thanks to Alethia for helping me
  • Has anyone encountered a man on a dating web site that lives in Ohio but also has a house in Dublin Ireland and he calls you, "my lady". He is also a jeweler and buys gold in Ghana, South Africa . He is also a widow with
    A 23 year old son who still lives in Ireland. He is madly in love with me, very romantic and wants to spend the rest of his life together with me. He had to go back to Ireland because his mother had a heart attack and she is better but he had to travel to Ghana for business and now wants me to send him an iPhone.....perfect scam....but so believable.... Has created an authentic Manta Account probably just so I would think he is for real...funny thing ...it was just created at the beginning of March but according to him he has been in the states getting his Jewelry business started 3 years ago....even has a Facebook account with nothing on it.......let me know if any of this sounds familiar
  • This is most definitely a scammer. The usual story, homes in different countries, travels and works abroad, widowed with a child who lives with family members. Giving a background of stability and money. Yet they have no money for a mobile phone or in some cases not enough money to top up a phone.

Facebook and other social media accounts that are virtually empty. A man who falls quickly and deeply in love with you. These are the usual traits of a scammer, get rid of him and let him know the games up then you will see his true colours.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged