Safety concerns in Serbia
  • I'm trying to find up to date travel information about Serbia and Belgrade. I'd like to know if there are any safety concerns in Serbia at present. Is it a safe country for tourists to travel to? Are tourist visas even available? Is Belgrade a good city to visit and is it possible to visit areas outside of Belgrade. What are the biggest safety concerns in Serbia and what are the biggest safety concerns in Serbia?
  • Hi Becca, you can look at the safety section on our Serbia Travel Information page on wordtravels.com, but in summary, yes it is safe to travel within Serbia.
  • Hi all,

Serbia is safe place now, after many years of war, Serbia is finally free! My advice is to travel in big cities like Novi Sad, Subotica, Sombor, Vrsac, Kikinda, Belgrade, Nis, Krusevac, Kragujevac, Sabac even Novi Pazar is nice and is not so far from Kosovo! There are some nice places located in big and small towns like: Novi Becej, Becej, Zrenjanin, Vrnjacka Banja, Soko Banja, also to visit famous tourist places like Zlatibor and Kopaonik especially when is winter so you can have great fun with snow and ski centre. Serbia and Vojvodina as a part of Serbia having great and rich history and is great place to visit, especially Vojvodina with mixed nationality, when you think about Vojvodina think about more then 24 nations, and they all live together! Good example for the rest of Europe! So let’s try it! Welcome to Serbia and welcome to Vojvodina! Just beware of taxi drivers, especially when you start talking foreign language with them, try to have someone who knows Serbian language with you, believe me, will cost you normal price, otherwise…………ups!
  • Hi,
    I totally agree that Serbia is safe place to go to now, but do not go near Kosovo because there is war situation between local Serbs and KFOR.

I must comment "Serbia is finnaly free!" - Serbia was never occupied in any way exept when Americans bombed Beograd for one day just to show them who is the boss in Balkan. The only 2 countries that was occupied by Serbs were Croatia and Bosnia.
  • I was at a seminar in Belgrade and had no problem. A man met me and drove to the placement in the center, he was very friendly and accommodation was fantastic. Here's the link http://rentbeo.com/index.php may be of use to you.
  • For all you going to Belgrade, this can be wery helpful! Complete travel guide with all sites you need to see, restaurants, museums, nightlife, cafe's.... and it is all free
    It is application for Android moble phones, called Belgrade genie - offline, gps, smart travel guide, no roaming costs!
    You can download from Android market to your phone for free:

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.belgradegenie&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5iZWxncmFkZWdlbmllIl0.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged