Tips on Vietnam for off-beaten track Attractions?
  • Can anyone suggest interesting or worthwhile things to see and do in Vietnam apart from the usual loop of Hanoi, Halong, Na Trang, Hoi An and Saigon? I?t seems 99% of visitors to Vietnam only see those major sights and I was wondering if there any gems further afield that I have missed in my reading?

Tour operators: if you are keen to reply please do so with information not tour packages! Thank you
  • How about Phu Quoc, Con Dao Island in the South, or Ninh Binh, Sapa in the North. That are some worthwhile places i think you should come to see.

This time in Vietnam is summer so you can go to Mekong delta for orchards and floating lives. It's good for both of you but have some inconvenient to your kids.

hope you get a nice trip David!

Conny
  • In september we are starting a private tour (Vega travel) with 4 p.: 4 wheeldrive-car with a driver and a guide: starting in Hanoi, BaBe lake ( boattrip and home stay), Cao Bang (trip to boder and waterfall 2 * hotel), Meo Vac (2* hotel),
    Ha Giang (ecolodge), Cau Can, Bac Ha (2* hotel) and Sapa ( trekking and 4* hotel) and back to Hanoi with the nighttrain /softsleeper 4 p. cabin for 495 USD.
    The northern area is not a very explored yet! You can check the eare on google earth!
  • Qui Nhon is quite interesting and far fewer tourist. There is a lovely beach, interesting fishing fleet, amazing countryside, wonderful people.
    In far W corner of the Mekong delta on the border of Cambodia is Ha Tien which is a wonderful area and very few tourists with a lot to see and do.
  • Thanks for replies everyone!

Iam interest in seeing the north via a motorbike, heading up to Sapa and exploring there. I have heard you can rent the old russian hogs for a pretty cheap price. Does anyone know how to go about this? Are they strict about licenses, because I don't have one!
  • Another interesting place in Vietnam is Mekong Delta. You can enjoy countryside's life, specific seasonal fruits, floating markets and Mekong Delta traditional music.
  • David, I am visiting my cousin, (an expat teaching in Hanoi who has had this company recommended to him) in Hanoi soon and we are planning a 'Big North' 12 day bike trip through the following link which may be of help to you also. I have not used this company before so you may need to do your own research, however the site carries excellent references and the Q @ A link will answer most of your questions.

http://www.gobambootrek.com/

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged