Best time to visit Kenya?
  • What is the ideal time to visit Kenya in terms of weather? I want to avoid any rainy season, and the worst of the summer heat. What is the climate like over the European winter months of December to APril?
  • Dear DavidF,
    How are you doing today?
    Thank you very much for asking this. i was in Kenya in the month of mid august for one week and it was very much okay with me. my friend linked recommended me to a local tour operator (Big Time Holidays limited) and they provided me with adequate information that i was looking for before my arrival in Kenya. kindly give them a trial they can assist you.
    their url is www.bigtimeholidays.co.ke

Do feel free and ask any information from me if you want about them.

Yours sincerely,

Yang.
  • It depends on where in kenya you go
    - the best time to visit the national parks is during the dry seasons - January through March and July through October - as it is easier to see the animals as the grass is shorter and they congregate around the water holes. The annual migration in the Masai Mara is best seen from July - October
    - the weather on the coast is fairly pleasant all year round, but best time to holiday is from December to March. April to May are the wettest months and there is also a short rainy season from October to November.
    - if climbing Mount Kenya, the best time to go is from January - February, and July - October.
    Nairobi and central region are quite high and have pleasant weather most of the year.
  • Mathieu's comment is absolutely perfect & accurate!
  • yes, Mathieu is spot on from what I have read. January, February and March are the most popular months to visit Kenya, when it is dry and hot and this is a good time to view game and go birding. The rainy months are April, May, June, October, November, December. If you are want to experience the annual wildebeest migration you should visit between June and September, but the dates to vary. If you can book last-minute, there are some good websites you can get uptodate info from.
  • Am a tour company in Kenya named Safe Ride Tour and Safaris,highly recommended by Lonely Planet and guest all over the would for our services.i would highly appreciate if i booked you in august for your safari. visit us on www.saferidesafaris.com for further information.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged