Wedding venues in Santorini
  • Hi
    Can you please advise the ideal location for a wedding on Santorini
  • Hello Kerry

There are a range of private locations, churches, hotels and other venues where you can get married in Santorini. It is legal to have a Santorini wedding anywhere on the island if the Mayor agrees - this means you can arrange a wedding anywhere you like, such as the beach. A lot, of course, depends on your religious views, personal taste, etc. The best months to get married in Santorini are between May and November.

One of the most popular locations is Aghia Irini Chapel, a private cliff side setting in the courtyard of the church which overlooks the caldera. This is located just minutes from the capital, Fira.

Here are some helpful links that also offer information on the legalities of weddings in Greece:
    - www.weddingsinsantorini.com
    - www.weddingsantorini.com
    - www.santoriniweddings.net
    - www.santorini-weddings.info

I hope this proves helpful! Good luck and happy travels!
  • Hi check all the above links and I am soure that you will found alot of information.
    But also check this place in kamari, called Silia Venue
    http://www.pitharicatering.gr/documents/about.html
  • We got married in Santorini last summer and I will never forget this beautiful island.
    God bless this island and it has the most beautiful view I have ever seen.
    We used the company Poema weddings in santorini and they were fantastic so far!
    Reasonable rates and more than professional services.
    We arrived on the island and everything was ready for our wedding. They had a plan for every minute of our Big day.
    Here is their link www.santoriniweddings.com.gr
    Kerry I hope that you found the ideal location for your wedding!

We are thinking to return some day for our anniversary and I look forward too.
  • Hi,
    I'm planning my honeymoon (end of August 2011). Is the island too hot then (over 30degree C)? Is there culture, not only beaches, and something where we can hike?
    Thank you experts!
    Anja
  • Did you check http://www.marryme.com.gr they create beautiful wedding designs
  • Dana Villas

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged