Visa Requirements when travelling on a cruise ship
  • I am an Australian citizen who is planning to do a Caribbean cruise.
    Could anyone tell me if I need visa's to visit: Bahamas, St.Thomas,
    St.Kitts, and St.Lucia, as a cruise ship passenger
  • Good morning! Please contact the cruise line that you are traveling (or your travel agent) for the answer to this question. Since you are an Australian citizen, the rules could vary. U.S. citizens do not need visas for any of those islands, only passports. It's a good chance that Australian citizens don't need it either, but requirements often vary depending on your nationality.

Enjoy your trip! You are visiting some of the prettiest islands in the Caribbean.

Lilliam Larsen
    www.monarchtours.net
  • Aussie - check out the Word Travels guide to those destinations - all the visa info you need is there. Start here then search in the search bar for the others: http://www.wordtravels.com/Travelguide/Countries/Bahamas/Visa
  • I am a Kenyan citizen holding a Kenyan Passport and would seriously like to do a Southern Caribbean cruise. Do I require a visa for the following islands where the ship will make a stop for less then 24 hours: Puerto Rico; St. Lucia; Virgin Islands; St. Maarten. I do hold a multiple visa for the USA.
  • Travellers to U.S.A. will need to log on to a website and obtain authorisation to travel prior to initiating travel, as part of the Visa Waiver Program, as of January 12th, 2009.
    This authorization may be obtained online through the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA™), a free Internet application administered by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) through a U.S. government Web site.
    This can be done via the ESTA website at https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov

This is a free service for VWP (including Australia) travellers.
    Note: this applies to travel to U.S.A, and for those travelling further afield, via U.S.A, even if passengers are only transitting in U.S.A.
  • I am a Barbadian man that lives and works in the UK can I use the visa waiver
  • My husband and I British Citizens, we are travelling to Florida, the going on a Caribean cruise, what visa's do we need, we have already registered for US esta.
  • In an attempt to provide an authoritative answer to the question of Visa Requirements for Cruise Passengers, we've added a new article to the Word Travels forum. I'm sure you'll find the information you're looking for there.
  • My husband and I will be travelling on a cruise we are going to visit Egypt, can we obtain visas at the port.......? I am British citizen, with British passport (Canadian Resident) my husband is Canadian with Canadian Passport........
  • @lolo - yes, you can both get visas on arrival at the port..
  • I am egyption doctor working in saudi arabia, i hold multiple USA visa, i plan to visit miami and take carabbian cruise with my family , what visa i must take and from where? Thanks for help

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged