Nigerian scammers
  • Any ladies out there being scammed out of money from guys in Nigeria --white American citizens stuck in the country needing help to get out or is sick or injured or has family member in bad situtaion--check out Romancescams.com they have 1000's of pics being used by these scammers--the pics you see from your 'love interest' are stolen from innocent guys who have no idea this is happening, take a look and see if your guy is on there, remember they don't know this is happening the guys in the pics are not the ones you are talking to!! and keep in mind his pic might not be on there yet, if it's not you can post it, the scammer is some Nigerian sitting in a internet cafe writing to about 20 of you trying to get as much money as they can to pay thier living, lazy bums, remember, the American Embassy is there to help Americans in trouble and will help get anything they need to get them home--DO NOT EVER SEND MONEY TO SOMEONE YOU MET ON THE INTERNET, YOU DON'T REALLY KNOW THEM--KEEP YOUR MONEY IN THE UNITED STATES INSTEAD OF SUPPORTING THOSE JERKS!!!
  • Hello i met a woman from nigeria and i have been chatting with her for several months we talked about her coming her with her child , she supposedly has the plane tickets but now says that she can't come until a travel allowance is payed to prove that she is capable of taking care of herself and child when she arrives in the U.S.
    she have informed me that amsterdam won't allow her to enter with out it ?
  • Have been chatting with a guy supposedly from the United States who is having a difficult time leaving Lagos. I have doubts about this. Does anyone know of him: Paul Starn
  • i have been chatting with a man and he ask me to send him money to pay the hotel bill.he said if he pays half they will let him leave.he has his young son with him .i am worryed that it might be a scam and worryed about the young son with him.he said he will send me a check and i could cash it and send him the money back.but it i a lot of money he wants me to send him.i just need to know if he is trying to scam me.
  • I met a guy and his daughter who traveled so he claims to Nigeria and he could not leave because they would not take his money order to settle a hotel bill. I helped him with the expense and supposedly he was injured in a car accident on the way to the airport now he needs money for surgery. Is there a IWU MOSES CLINIC in Nigeria.
  • OMG! AFTER READING ALL COMMENTS, IM CONFUSED IF I AMA VICTIM NOW. FIRST I RAN TO THE GUY MIKECOLE MARK COLE WHOM I IGNORED. HAVE MET 2 GUYS ALSO IN NET WITH STORIES ASKING FOR $300.00 WITH THEIR CHILDREN EVEN SENT PHOTOS.AND NOW WAS CHTTING WITH THIS GUY AGAIN FROM LAGOS WHOM I THOUGHT WAS TRUE COZ DAY/NGHT CALLING AND SMS,CHATTING USING GODS NAME. AND NOW THEY WERE ROBBED LAST NIGHT, ALL HIS VALUABLE WERE SOLD ASKING HELP. I AM IN DOUBT NOW TO HELP THEM SO I TOLD HIM TO GO AMERICAN EMBASSY FOR HELP THOUGH THERE WAS A MUTUAL UNDERSTANDING OF ALAMOST HELPING HIM WITH FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE AND THANK GOD,A FRIEND OF MINE FROM TRAVEL AGENCY TOLD NOT TO DO IT COZ THAT COUNTRY IS FRAUD FULL OF FRAUD SCAMMERS SO I FEEL BAD COZ IT MAYBE THAT THE PERSON I MET REALLY NEEDS HELP OR A SCMMER. CAN WE ASK THE PRESIDENT TO LOOK INTO LAGOS NIGERIA SCAMMERS AND PUT THESE PEOPLE IN JAIL? HELP THEM LORD FOR WHAT THEY ARE DOING TO THE VICTIMS. TO ALL SEEKING FOR TRUE PARTNERS, BE CAREFUL AND TAKE CARE OF GIVINGOUR YOUR FEELINGS TO ANYONE SO YO WILL NOT BE HURT EMOTIONALLY AND FINANCIALLY. WATCH OUT FOR GUYS IN WAYN.COM AND OTHER SITES MENTIONED ABOVE.
  • I was scammed from a guy called apparently Paul Jackson, or Paul Scott Jackson. Pauljacs@hotmail.com, Pauljacs@gmail.com
    I sent him a phone about 350dlls.
    Address in Nagod Nigeria:

28, Oke Street Pedro
    Somolu, Gbagada Phase 1
    Lagos State, Nigeria

Phones he used 234-813-8381234
    646-461-8089
    646-666-9674
    234-807-1072961
    234-7027098637
  • *WARNING* I encountered this man on a social music site : Jango.com. He contacted me and said his name was Christopher Bundly. He added me as his friend and other ladies ranging in age : 33 to 49 I was wary and am always watching scammers as I know how they operate.

I'm an attractive former model the age he says he is. Why he targeted me I have no idea. On my profile I have I'm Native American and I am also half French. Perhaps he thinks us Native Americans are pretty and stupid.

He gave a story his wife died four years ago on her way to see her parents in France and his twin brother also died. He claims he's French and lives in Lancaster, Pennsylvania however is working in Algeria.

We spoke on the phone, he gave me a number and I traced it to a Nigerian number. 2348169339929 When we chatted online on yahoo which is a new account created January 15, 2011 that was red flag everyone. I wondered why a man almost 46 (says his D.O.B. is: 02-16) would have such a newly created e-mail and wondered what he uses or used prior.

I told him when we chatted, you sound Arabic not French and that I have lots of Arab friends, I do. And a few French, he does not sound French, trust me.

Lo and Behold it took me only about an hour today after he quickly got off Yahoo chat when I mentioned Nigerian scammers. Finally I found the photo he used on his Jango.com account he contacted me from. After reading on this very well informed site I'm glad I found. He has it posted on everything from Match.com to Myspace and Yahoo. UNBELIEVABLE !!!!

He's carried on this "Farce" with me for almost a month. Hasn't asked for money and won't now, he knows I'm on to him. I heard the I love you etc. and today, I received a lovely poem he no doubt copied and pasted.

Please ladies and guys to check out this link. Not only does it have this man's photo but all his aliases and e-mail addresses and Nigerian phone numbers.

He told me he's in Algeria and had been there almost three months. That he travels a lot and would like to go to China next. I'll bet he's travelling all over the world first class on innocent peoples money living the lifestyle of the rich and famous.

Click on the following link, it has a lot of information that is helpful in catching these rogues. There are women listed on there too for all you guys. They list Russian scammers also. Apparently the Russian want in on the action and are giving the Nigerians a run for their money.

If you have any questions or information regarding this man, let's stop him everyone as it's one less. Please contact me.

The link to him and site with up-to-date information :

http://www.romancescam.com/album/displayimage.php?album=583&pos=0

Remain Blessed Everyone. :-)

TP
  • I AM SO EMBARASSED BECAUSE I WAS SCAMMED FOR ABOUT A LITTLE OVER A GRAND. HE CAME TO ME ON FACEBOOK AND LEFT ME A MESSAGE. HE WAS VERY NICE SAID HIS NAME WAS MICHAEL AKANO. HE WAS FROM SOUTH CAROLINA, BUT IN NIGERIA STARTING HIS OWN BUSINESS (MICHELIN TIRES). HE ONLY WANTED TO CHAT ON INSTANT MESSAGER AND YAHOO. HE WOULD CALL VERY LATE AT NIGHT AROUND BETWEEN 1 AND 3 A.M. HE WENT TO CHURCH EVERY SUNDAY..HE WROTE THE MOST BEAUTIFUL LOVE LETTERS EVERYDAY. HE SENT ME FLOWERS, BASKETS WITH NUTS, CHOCOLATES, FRUITS, ETC. HE SENT ME A BASKET WITH SLIPPERS, ROBE, BODY GELS, ETC.ALL FROM CHERRY FARMS. HE WAS LOOKING FOR A GODLY WOMAN TO SPEND THE REST OF HIS LIFE WITH. I WASNT LOOKING FOR ANYONE, I WAS JUST COMMUNICATING WITH HIM. HE WAS VERY AGGRESSIVE AND WAS MOVING IN TO A RELATIONSHIP WITH ME THAT I DIDNT AGREE TO. HE HAD NO FAMILY. MOTHER AND FATHER DIED WHEN HE WAS A TEENAGER. HIS WIFE AND DAUGHTER WERE KILLED IN A CAR ACCIDENT. HE EVEN SET PICS OF HIM WITH WIFE AND DAUGHTER. HE SAID HE TOOK MONEY ORDERS TO NIGERIA, BUT THE BANS THERE WOULD NOT HONOR THEM. SO HE NEEDED MONEY TO PAY HIS HOTEL. I SENT HIM HALF ($750) AND HIS ONLY FRIEND THE ATTORNEY GAVE HIM THE OTHER $750. THEN ABOUT A WEEK LATER HE SAID HE GOT ROBBED HIS WALLET WITH EVERYTHING; CREDIT CARDS AND ALL. THEN A FEW DAYS LATER HE TOLD ME THAT HE WAS INJURIED WHEN THEY ROBBED HIM. HE WAS IN SERIOUS PAIN AND WENT TO THE HOSPITAL. NOW HE NEEDED MONEY FOR THE SURGERY. THE DOCTOR WOULD NOT PERFORM THE SURGERY UNTIL HE WAS PAID. HE NEED A CELL PHONE TO TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS AND TALK TO ME. I SENT HIM A BLACKBERRY AT&T PHONE. THEN HIS ATTORNEY LIKED THE PHONE AND WANTED TO GET 5 FOR HIS FAMILY AS GIFTS. YOU CAN ONLY GET UP TO 5 PHONES WITH AT&T. THEY SENT ME $500 BUT NOT THE MONEY TO SHIP THEM. IT IS VERY EXPENSIVE TO SHIP THE PHONES TO NIGERIA. I ORDERED THE OTHER 4 PHONES AND WHEN THEY CAME TO ME I SENT THEM BACK. I DIDNT WANT TO BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE BILL. HE KEPT PROMISING ME THAT WHEN HE GOT BACK HOME THAT HE WOULD GIVE ME THE MONEY BACK. HE SAID THAT HE HAD $472,000 IN HIS BANK ACCT. HE DROVE A HUMMER. COLLEGE GRADUARE. HE JUST BOUGHT A NEW HOME IN FLORIDA AND SENT ME PICS TO SHOW ME THAT HOUSE. HE WAS VERY AGGRESSIVE AND KEPT SAYING THAT WE HE KNEW I WAS THE ONE THAT HE WANTED TO MARRY. HE HAD TO FINALIZE A FEW THINGS FOR HIS BUSINESS, WHICH HE ALSO SENT PICS OF HIM IN THE SHOP. OF COURSE THE PICS WERE NOT HIM. HE WAS A VERY HANDSOME MAN (THE GUY IN THE PICS). I ASKED TO SEE A PIC OF THE KNEE INJURY AND HE SENT THAT AND EVEN HIM IN THE HOSPITAL WITH A GOWN ON AND ALL. HE NEEDED MONEY TO GO TO THE INTERNATIONAL GOVERNMENT ABOUT THE CONTRACT FOR THE BUSINESS AND NEEDED MONEY FOR TRANSPORTATION AND FOOD AND JUST TO HAVE MONEY IN HIS POCKET. AGAIN, I SENT HIM $200. THE NEXT DAY HE SAID HE NEEDED TO GET HOME AND GET TO HIS BANK AND GET SOME MONEY, BUT HE DIDNT HAVE AIR FARE, WHICH WAS ABOUT $2,000. I TOLD HIM THAT I DIDNT HAVE IT AND HE PROMISED TO PAY ME BACK AS SOON AS HE GOT BACK TO THE USA. I WAS CHECKING THE DOLLAR AMOUNT OF OUR MONEY AND NIGERIAN MONEY AND STUMBLED ONTO THIS SITE. I READ THE SAME THINGS THAT WERE GOING ON WITH ME. I EVEN TOLD HIM ABOUT THIS SITE AND WHAT I HAD READ. HE SWORE HE WAS NOT ONE OF THEM. I TOLD HIM THAT I DIDNT HAVE IT AND I COULDNT HELP HIM. HE INSISTED ON USING MONEY GRAM AND SENDING PHONES THRU DHL. I PROBABLY SCARED HIM OFF WITH I SENT HIM THE DIFFERENT ARITICLES THAT I WAS READING. NEEDLESS TO SAY, ITS BEEN ABOUT A MONTH AND I HAVENT HEARD A WORD FROM HIM. "I GOT SCAMMED FOR ABOUT $1,239!!!" I AM A VERY CARING AND GIVING PERSON AND NOT A STUPID PERSON, BUT I SURE FEEL STUPID NOW... HE WAS REALLY GOOD, CUZ HE GOT ME. THE ADDRESS FOR DELIVERIES WAS:#6 SWOSIKE AVE, OLD BODIJA, IBVADAN, OYA, STATE, NIGERIA 23402...HE MAY USE OTHER NAMES. HIS CELL PHONE NUMBER IS (011) 2348079888299...I WISH I HAD SEEN THIS WEBSITE BEFORE I SENT MY MONEY OFF. A LESSON LEARNED. DONT TALK TO ANYONE OVER THE INTERNET THAT YOU DONT KNOW THAT IS ASKING FOR ANYTHING. I HAVE A LOT OF PICS OF HIM.
  • BEWARE OF MICHAEL AKANO ....akano_m@yahoo.com and anyone reaching out from Nigeria!!
  • I have also been contacted by Michael Akano. He first said his name was Wayne Hutchinson and contacted my by face book. Michael Akano is his African name. I have the exact same story as the other girl, except I was not asked(yet) or sent any money THANK GOD!! Ladies please beware. His email address is wayne1600@yahoo.com. His cell phone number 234-807-8299. Very nice, sweet, romantic guy. God fearing man, very religious, quotes scriptures and all. Please be careful ladies!
  • BEWARE MICHAEL AKANO and WAYNE HUTCHINSON III ARE THE SAME PEOPLE!! HIS EMAIL ADDRESS IS WAYNE19600@YAHOO.COM HE IS A SCAMMER!!! DO NOT SEND ANY MONEY!!
  • This message is for MICHAEL AKANO!!!. I put my real name because I wanted you to know that this message is from me. I KNOW that you monitor this website to see WHO has found you out. I know this because you have NOT contacted me since you saw my posting about you. You have deactivated your Facebook page and probably changed your email address, and I am also sure you have you have changed your telephone number from fear of being found out. I just want you to know that I SEEK NO JUSTICE FOR YOU!!!

Unlike these other women, I was not scammed out of money or asked to send any phones etc. Or maybe you were setting me up before you put your plan in effect. I would like to think you actually had somewhat of a heart where I was concerned and maybe cared enough about me and my daughter not to scam us. And if that is the case, I really appreciate you at least taking some of our feeling and our situation into consideration during your facade. The only thing you stole from me was my HEART!!!

I am writing to you for several reasons, first to tell you how I feel about what you are doing and for closure so that I may move on with my life. I don't need to tell you that you are playing a very DANGEROUS GAME with very SERIOUS CONSEQUENCES. Humanly and most of all SPIRITUALLY!! You are tricking beautiful, unsuspecting, trusting and hardworking women out of their money by lying, manipulation and using God and His word to aid you in your trickery. All I can say is I hope and pray He has mercy on your soul!

I will not attempt to reflect in this message on the events that occurred during your six week courtship of me, you are fully aware of everything that took place from our chatting, emails and phone calls. I always felt in the back of my mind that is was a scheme, too good to be true. I even saw all of the signs. But I was blindsided by your confessions of undying love and your spiritual knowledge of a master plan ordained by God!! I cannot even begin imagine that the man I shared my most inner feelings, thoughts and my God driven desire to find true love was a FRAUD! I am so emotionally DRAINED!!

However, I do not totally blame you, I must take FULL responsibility for my actions and stupidity. I not only allowed myself to be drawn into your scheme but unfortunately I trusted you enough, your love for God and confessions of being a God Fearing Man, that against my better judgment, allowed you to also draw my daughter into your madness. And that is what has been the most hurtful about of all of this! But she is a strong young woman and old enough and smart enough to understand I made a terrible mistake.I know she will forget about you very quickly, but unfortunately it will take much much more for me.

I will end this message by saying there were some hidden BLESSINGS in my encounter with you. God allowed me the opportunity to experience an EXTREME range of emotions in a short amount of time. Most of all HE taught me to always trust and consult Him FIRST in all my ways. You help me strengthen my bond with HIM while showing the man in my life for ten years how to truly love me the way God has ordained him to, and for that I am grateful!

I am not embarrassed or ashamed to say that I fell in love with you, because I did!! Honestly and wholeheartedly!! And it would not have mattered to me if the pictures were not of you, it did not matter to me what you looked like or what you had or your position in life. I fell in love with you MICHAEL AKANO, what you represented and how you made me FEEL!!. PLEASE CHANGE YOUR WAYS, YOU ARE A GOOD MAN, GOD IS NOT PLEASED WITH YOUR ACTIONS!!
  • Hi there has anyone heard of a Ray Colvin or a George Colvin. He use george.colvin.64@yahoo.com he say he's a sargent in the US army stationed in Nigeria.I know that he's a scammer cause he keeps asking my cousin for money. She has told her whole family that she getting married 2morow and she hasnt even met this guy. But he has already told her on a numerous occasions that he was coming over to Australia but he was a no show many times. Plus she just went to the post office the other day and sent him $500.00 through Western Union to pay a fee inexchange for $20,000.00; but she doesnt beleive me that he's scamming her. Plus she told me that she was talking to he's mother last night on cam...I dont know what else to do. She told me if he doesnt come here that she's going to kill herself or just lokc herself away from everyone thta cares about her.
  • I was scammed from a guy from Benin Nigeria, He was saying that he is Civil Engineer from NY, but working in special proyects in Nigeria, he is widow lost his wife on a car accident, he is the only one child, and his parents died. He has 12 years old daughter named Anna, he showed my pictures of him and his daughter, he is so good to write emails. He asked to send him a Blackberry Bold, told him I din't have any money, then he said that his daughter was in the hospital and needed money to come back to the States. this guy is very good faker. his email is graysonheart@yahoo. com .
    He was calling me from 234-8056-133781. please becareful with this man.. he is very dangerous, and he was very agressive when I told him that I was not going to send him money. I got his pictures./
  • i would like to say that always be careful to whom your chatting with over the net because most things you cannot replace like money you send or stupid gifts they ask i know some of you are too kind hearted but also fall victims to these guys or weirdos as should say well in every country they should have investigators and a law to arrest these guys for such a crime they commit to others so wake up and lets all start doing something bout this im willing to make an end to this who wants to join me
  • hello good day! i am from the philippines, i was also being contacted by a scammer named SGT BUCHAMAN EVANS he said he's stationed in cote d'lviore some place in west africa..i met him in usatodate.com he said he's a member of US marine, in just an hour he felt inlove with me he said, but at first he was so rude to me (maybe thats one of his tactics) he was really good in english but the prolem is he's using "am" instead of "i am" then he sent me lots of love quotes,so sweet words, and etc.. he then ask me if i could get a US military visa, he said ill just email to his dept of defense will just get back to me and send some visa requirements.. the dept then replied quick so i thought it was really true coz there was an attachment to i downloaded it it really look like its true its from DOD washington DC, the email then said that i have to scan my
    passport, birth certificate and some id's.. but i have to pay $500 for the visa fee... i told him to pay it for me because he's the one who will file it but he refused and said he cannot go out of the base where he was stationed because they're not allowed to. one thing also is everytime he sees my blackberry on cam he will really say if i love him i will give it to him. he even said that if i have no money better for me not to contact the dept, i was having doubts to him but still i continued chatting.. (what a fool me :() so then he ask me to borrow $250 to my parents coz he said the dept agrees if i pay in 2 gives.. the half will be paid next week.
    i was really about to send him the money when i saw the adress on the email that ill send it to Lagos,Nigeria i asked him why in nigeria that i can just pay in the bank here through check and send it to the US embassy in manila,, he was really mad at me saying if i really trust him or not. so when i was in western union the agents warned me about sending money to nigeria because a lot of scammers there. they told me think first before doing anything coz we cannot get the money back once its been send and get by the receiver. so what i did was i went out and then go to church (which is just 50meter away) i prayed and ask for God's guidance on what to do ask him to give me some signs.. then when i was walking i saw an internet cafe so i decided to scan all my requirements still thinking if ill send the money or not...then i google about military scams then i found out that he was really scammer after i read all the forums and just same situation as mine...i then now realized not to trust anyone on the net. i was really thankful that God saved me that day.

Please be careful ladies in dealing some mens...
  • Always verify any internet lover before your emotion takes the better part of you.
  • Hi everyone,

Here's a link to our guide on how to spot Online Scams and how to avoid them.
  • In Five months and 10,000.00 later I am finally admitting to myself that this was a huge scam. It is very detailed and he (Michael Dean Perry) is still asking me for money. I have a second title loan on my car and will lose it soon. He has even had someone send me two checks and I deposited one and it was canceled by my bank. The sender Mark Wells from Boise Ohio said it was good and the bank was wrong. Now my account it closed. This man has a ten year old boy and I meet him on a social singles site named Badoo.com. He is in love with me and cannot live without me in his life. He quotes the bible ever moment and questions my faith because I question him so often. I have argued with him every step of the way, but he assures me somehow that he will pay me back and we will live together as on body, one soul as God has deemed. I have lost the respect of my family and if not for my good friends I would not be writing this now. His email is mic20perry at gmail and yahoo. Beware he is very convincing. He has filled my every thought for months, and I do feel guilty for leaving him in London where he said he is now.

First he was in Houston where he lives and someone took 65000.00 out of his account and he cannot give me his address because the bank warned him not to. He is a structural engineer and had to go to Nigeria for a bid that other engineers from all over the world are competing for a five million dollar prize.
    Well he won the prize and he needed money to secure a lawyer to sign the contract just a small sum 248.00 at the time. Then each week that went by it was a little more and the amount increased as time went by. He always had a good reason why he could not get back. It was his agent Michael Olusola at jollymollar80@yahoo.com who was Mr. Perry's agent in Lago's Nigeria.
    Michael Perry was in an accident on the way to the airport and a Dr. Martin Sameul, a Danish Doctor at Lex Memorial hospital. He called me and said he found my picture and phone number and email address in Michael's things. He had his five million dollar check and would keep it in safe keeping. He was in the hospital for several weeks and then he needs to go to the airport all along I am sanding money to his agent via western union. I was so convinced I was helping someone that would be my partner when he got home. Well every time I would pawn or sell something to get the money as he would say Hurry fast...I felt so pressured to help and when I did not comply he would bug me and bug me to get him money and how bad am I to leave him standed in a foreign country. He keeps repeating he has no money, no power to get any things done and he needs to get home to help me fix everything. Well I am not taped out so he had someone send me money on his behalf. My bank stopped the payment, so I am out of all the money, the bank closed my account and he is still begging me for money. Beware he is nice then demanding. I am in hope that writing and admitting this is not real that I can get thru this devastating problem I have allowed myself to get in debt for. I already tried to end my life over this and everything else in my live is so bad.
  • Hi.... I managed to avoid getting "scammed". But not for lack of trying on the scammer's part. I met a guy on datehookup.com. Really nice looking and I have gone on Romancescams.org and done a brief search of photos but haven't found him yet... but there are a LOT of pictures to look thru. Anyway, his user name on DH was divinemale001 and we kept in on the website for about a week and then I exchanged email addresses with him. His email address is stevh79@yahoo.com. (Created just in June-RF). His name is Steven Harris (supposedly) and his story goes like this! He was born in Colorado and at the age of 3 he lost his dad to cancer. In order to support him, his mom moved the both of them to Africa... not sure why, never asked really. So he grew up in Africa and at the age of 20, moved back to Colorado to go to college. Apparently at some point in time he met a girl and fell in love, they had a child and after he found out she cheated on him, he broke up with her and took custody of their daughter. He told me that he lives in Maryland (about 50 miles from where I live) and he has full custody of his daughter. I tried asking about his ex and her involvement with the child and go no answer. So, he is currently in Nigeria (he wasn't sure of the time difference-RF) taking care of his sick mom (he has his 3 year old daughter with him). We exchanged long, detailed emails asking and answering basic get to know you questions.... I have printed them out and they total approx. 30-40 pages. The only thing I questioned him on was that the year he was born didn't add up to the information I already had on him... he said it was a typo (RF). The other day he informed me that he would be returning to the states this week. We were supposed to be meeting for dinner this coming Friday night. Yesterday, I received an email from him saying that he had just had the worst weekend in his life. That he went to the hospital to check on his mom's condition and found out that she needs to have surgery or she will die. The surgery will cost $2300 and he only has $1400 and was there anyway I could help him out. He talked about how much he loves me and wants to spend the rest of his life with me and blah blah blah... (MAJOR RF!!!! We have NEVER MET). I informed him that as a single parent myself, I live paycheck to paycheck and as much as I would love to help him, that the only way I can is to pray for his mother. I told him to see if the hospital will do a payment plan or asked about "mom's" insurance. He wrote back and told me they don't do payment plans and she doesn't have insurance. I told him once again that I was sorry I couldn't help him out financially and that I would pray for her, I haven't heard anything back. I noticed that his datehookup profile has been deleted and I am not sure about the yahoo. But just keep you eye out for this one too. He looks like he could have been in a boyband... lol.
  • hi Martha
    I read your story, could you please send me his pictures. my email is: thuringshaug@gmail.com
    many thanks

Autumn
  • BEWARE OF THE NAME JONATHAN LANCE from Austin, Texas but he is in Nigeria for a Bid. I meet him thru badoo.com and he asked me to send him money to a lawyer named Michael Perry, that he need to pay the lawyer and now he does not have enough money for the flight to come to US. I am emotionally drained. However, I do not totally blame him, I must take full responsibility for my action and stupidity. I almost got drawn into his scheme but unfortunately I trusted him enough. He loves God and a man god Fearing man. Keep an eye from HIm.
  • Every single one of you is stupid.
  • Hi any one heard pf Mark Payne from Troy Michigan now stuck in Lagos, friend Steve Wilson and Mark has had a lot of accidents over a long time now...Always want money for a lot of things...Scammer? Tell me if you know him from anywhere..
  • Hi everyone. I would not want to reveal my identity because u guiys can easily locate me from google or linked in. I am a Nigerian living in Toronto. I have also been scammed by my own brothers. I must apologise on behalf of nigerians. Everyone should be careful dont send money to people you met online. I know that you americans are kind hearted god bless you all. If you want to donate money to any cause in Africa do that through the appropriate organizations.

Once again I am sorry.
  • On November 11th 2011 I was contacted by a zoosk member, he told me that he had found my profile very interesting. So we started chatting but as soon as he told me a weird story that he had to travel to south africa because his mother was at the hospital being treated to cancer, i knew it could be a scam. But I went with the flow and 2 weeks later he was asking me for money. His email is stevh79@yahoo.com and he goes by STEVEN HARRIS and his Denver Co phone line is: 7204466072 and his international phone line is: 234-810-188-5113 this was his first letter of introduction to me. Be careful laddies out there he is a thieve, trying to ripp off as many as he can using many dating sites.

Thanks so much for the message, its so nice to hear from you let me tell you little about myself..um well as you already know before my name is Steven ,am 39 male, still single with 1 daughter.I lost my Dad at very tender age to Cancer.I am originally from Denver CO But i am presently in Africa to take care of my sick mom but i will be back to the states as soon as she gets better and out of the hospital. I hope this doesn't discourage you. I work as computer Engineer i am into repair and installation of computers,I'm an active member in my church and attend service weekly. I'm a Man that knows what I want and how to get it. I'm very intelligent humble,loyal,responsible,loving,humble,honest, and can hold a decent conversation. I'm looking for a Woman that knows what she wants and can get it. I'm looking for a Woman that knows respect, honesty, and truth. I'm looking for not just a Good Woman, God fearing but the Best Woman. I want to know a Woman that wants to have a beautiful Home. A Woman that wants to find true love and wants to be in love. I'm not into playing games with people and I'm very sharp and articulate with spotting people. I'm allergic to drama so I stay far away from it. I want a Woman that wants to travel and see new things. I'm not into the clubs and I don't smoke and I'm pretty much looking for someone that is the same. Now don't get me wrong I'm a very fun person and can make fun of any situation. I'm just looking for everything I need in one Woman.....
    I am 6'' tall and i am very fun loving and caring,i am looking for a soulmate and i am looking for a woman going to spend the rest of my life with.

Enough of my story its now your turn..tell me what kind of relationship You are looking for?do you like kids? i hope to hear from you soon and take care of yourself and have a great day.

Looking forward to hear from you and have a wonderful day.

Steven.
  • WARNING! STEVEN HARRIS.. I was also contacted by Steven Harris on zoosk.com During the past two weeks we have been exchanging emails with him. At first when he told me that he had to travel to Africa my alarm went off, I knew it could be a scam, but i went with the flow then after getting a few emails i started to feel confused. So I asked God for guidance because i was already falling for the guy in the picture and hoping it was real, but i had my doubts in my mind. But thank God I found this website, it has been very helpful... I just can't believe i have found the same pictures which the organization has been sending me. I'm sure the poor guy in the picture is also a victim.. I keep wondering how and where they might have taken those pictures. I'm guessing FB but i can't find him on facebook. I'm sure, by now the guy in the picture already knows his pictures are being used by those jerks in Africa. Steven Harris phone # in Denver Co is: 720-446-6072 and his international line in Nigeria is 234-810-188-5113 his email is stevh79@yahoo.com, and I will post here some of the emails he has been sending me.
    He takes and combines a lot of the words I used on my profile to make it look very personal and a match to me.
    I put the faces on so you can find it easier to read through...PLEASE READ THE EMAILS I'M POSTING HERE
    I DID NOT SEND HIM ANY MONEY!!! AND IF THIS EMAILS LOOK FAMILIAR TO YOU, PLEASE DO NOT SEND ANY MONEY.

This is his first email

Thanks so much for the message, its so nice to hear from you let me tell you little about myself..um well as you already know before my name is Steven ,am 39 male, still single with 1 daughter.I lost my Dad at very tender age to Cancer.I am originally from Denver CO But i am presently in Africa to take care of my sick mom but i will be back to the states as soon as she gets better and out of the hospital. I hope this doesn't discourage you. I work as computer Engineer i am into repair and installation of computers,I'm an active member in my church and attend service weekly. I'm a Man that knows what I want and how to get it. I'm very intelligent humble,loyal,responsible,loving,humble,honest, and can hold a decent conversation. I'm looking for a Woman that knows what she wants and can get it. I'm looking for a Woman that knows respect, honesty, and truth. I'm looking for not just a Good Woman, God fearing but the Best Woman. I want to know a Woman that wants to have a beautiful Home. A Woman that wants to find true love and wants to be in love. I'm not into playing games with people and I'm very sharp and articulate with spotting people. I'm allergic to drama so I stay far away from it. I want a Woman that wants to travel and see new things. I'm not into the clubs and I don't smoke and I'm pretty much looking for someone that is the same. Now don't get me wrong I'm a very fun person and can make fun of any situation. I'm just looking for everything I need in one Woman.....
    I am 6'' tall and i am very fun loving and caring,i am looking for a soulmate and i am looking for a woman going to spend the rest of my life with.

Enough of my story its now your turn..tell me what kind of relationship You are looking for?do you like kids? i hope to hear from you soon and take care of yourself and have a great day.

Looking forward to hear from you and have a wonderful day.

Steven.
    2nd email sent

4th email sent from the so call Steven Harris

Hello Sweetie,
    Steven
    6th email he sent

Hey Sweetheart,
    Steven.

7th email sent
    Hey Hun,

I want you to know that from now on we are lovers and You are the Love of My Life and soon to be MRS. HARRIS

I love you.
    Steven.

8th email sent

I'm so in love; I get this warm sensual feeling every time I think of you. When I sleep at night, all I can dream about is you. I wish I could hold you in my arms. I dream of the day when I could kiss you passionately on your soft sweet lips and listen to your heart beating because it's sweet music to my ears. All I can say is let me be the one you love; let me be the one whose love you need.
    We completed one another; you thought that no good man existed and then you met me. How I long for you to know that the feeling is mutual, that I have never met a woman that can read through me and explore my inner core. Please keep in mind that I will not take your heart, that I hold, for granted. I will replace it with mine, so you know I wouldn't be able to breathe without it.
    You are a splendid jewel released and I grasped. Never would I let a soul take you away or bring harm near you. The day I looked into the blue recesses of your soul - correction: my soul, I knew no force could ruin the joining of two souls.
    Soul mates do exist and now I have learned that there is beauty behind all imperfections. It took us both years of hurt and pain and it has paid off. It's true when they say, "God makes you meet a few wrong people, before you meet the right one, so you will be able to appreciate and understand their worth."

Thank you for all that you have given me and that you continue to give me.

Your soul mate.
    Steven.

9th email sent

Hey Beautiful, I just wanted to do something simple to say I love you and to put that smile I love so much back on your face. I want everyone to know how much you mean to me. Ever since you have entered my life, I've been flying on Cloud 9 and I have not come down yet.

I tell you this everyday, but you are the most beautiful person I know, inside and out and I see that more clearly with each passing day. I love everything about you, about us. You do something to me that no other has, you have made me so happy, the happiest I've ever been. You give me the most amazing feelings inside, the feeling of being in love with you.

I still don't know what I did to be so lucky to have you in my life, my dream come true... I am so thankful though. In this short time that we've been together, we have grown so much and I can't wait to see what the future holds for us. I love you with all my heart and soul, always and forever!

Steven.

10th email sent

Hello my Princess how are you doing today hope your day is fine mine is lonely and boring without you my love...I love you so very much sweetheart. You are the love of my life. I have a hard time explaining how I feel. I have never felt anything like this before. You are always there for me no matter what. I do not know what I would've done this past week without your love and support. You are the most loving, caring, compassionate and absolutely most awesome woman. that I have ever met.

I never thought that was possible. I want to marry you now, I want to be your husband. I want a baby with you; that is the most awesome experience, nothing compares to that.Thank you for always being there..You are a dream come true and I want to spend the rest of my life with you as your husband, lover, and best friend. I have never in my life been so very happy. I feel much loved, beautiful and very happy.

I'm so very proud of you. You are a very strong person. It is really cool that we are strong for each other in different ways. We totally understand each other and feel for each other. When you hurt, I hurt. When you are happy, I'm happy. I just love you so much sweetheart and I never want to lose you. I give you my heart, my love and my life for now and forever. I love you.
    steven

11th email sent

Before we even met, my love, I should have told you this: there's this special love that I have deep within my heart. That love is only just for you. It is far greater than this planet, galaxy or universe. I wish I could show you how much you really mean to me. If I could let you feel how much I do really love you in a kiss or hug, you would only feel the surface of the love that I have for you. The only time when I can show you how much I do really love you is when we are married. For then you will see and taste how much I love you. You can hear the language of my love for you by listening to my heart; it will speak to you. You can taste the sweetest of it in a kiss and you can feel it in a hug. When you look deep into my eyes, you will see how great my love for you is. You will also know and see that it's no lie!

If I could describe the love that I have for you, I would try and use lyrics of love songs and even the sonnets of Shakespeare and it would be impossible, because the love that I love for you is real, unconditional, everlasting and indescribable. You've had my heart and love from the day we met and you will have it forever. As time goes by, my heart and love for you will keep on growing stronger, brighter and bigger.

To me, you're a rose that should be protected from thorns around lest they prick you. You're an angel that shouldn't be hurt. You're also honey that should be covered against contaminants. By the grace of God, I'm ready to do whatever it takes to make you happy, I promise.

Call me your love, lover, boyfriend and future husband from this day forth. You are all mine, as I am all yours. Although we have two different bodies, minds and souls, we have one and the same beautiful heart.

This is my unconditional love for you, from me to you.

I love you, my Buttercup, with all my heart, body, mind and soul. I will never stop loving you. You are my life, my world and my everything. Distance may keep us apart, but you will always and forever be embedded deep within my heart.

Steven.

12th email sent

I am writing you this message with a sad heart cause i cant believe you would think i am lying about my mom to get money from you. How would i descend so low to that extent to make money. I know its not for me to ask money from someone that i have not meet face to face but i want you to know that if i didn't need the money so bad i would not have asked you. I want you to know that i am so proud of you for not trusting the wrong people but i want you to trust me and i promise i will let you down and you wont regret ever trusting me. I want you to know that i am not here to hurt any body i just want to love and be loved. I am not the kind of man that talk with a lot of woman. You are the only woman i have been sending mails to and i want you to know i am not doing this to get money and rip you off. I am not a liar and i have been honest with you all this while.

I want you to know that everything i have emailed you in my emails comes straight from my heart and i mean everything single word. My love for you is pure and true and very genuine. I want you to know that i will come to see you face to face but you know i have to get my mom out of the hospital before that can happen. You have made me the happiest i have ever been and i know i will never find a woman that will make me as happy as you have made me and that is why i dont want to lose you baby. PLEASE lets make this work out.

Baby I want to be able to meet you face to face cause you are the woman of my dreams and i want to spend the rest of my life with you. That's what has been on my mind. I love you so much Adina.

Baby I dont want to lose my mom i will understand if you are not willing to help me until you see me face to face but i want you to know that a friend in need is a friend in-deed.

I love you.

Good news ladies the guy did not get any money from me. I always had a bad feeling about the man behind those pictures.. and thank God i was right.
    Please do not sent ANY MONEY TO SOMEONE THAT WRITES SO BEAUTIFUL. THOSE EMAILS ARE USUALLY WRITTEN AFTER A YEAR OR YEARS INTO A RELATIONSHIP. THE ROMANCE SCAMMERS ORGANIZATION MAIN FOCUS IS TO CLOSE THE DEAL IN 3 WEEKS MAX. THIS IS A BUSINESS TO THEM, SO BE CAREFUL DO NOT SEND ANY MONEY TO ANY JERK. REAL men usually fall in love when they have to do something special for her. So if you're dating make him work for your love, make him want you desperately...
    I hope this informations help you get some scammers out there.

THIS ARE THE PICTURES SENT BY STEVEN HARRIS
  • My relationship with Steven Harris began one week ago through Match.com. That was Jan.17, 2012. I Googled him five days later only to discover he wasn't for real. I'm sick about it. I fell hard. I believe these scammers prey on older women desperately looking for love.

- Stevh79@yahoo.com
    - Local Denver number 720-446-6072
    - Nigerian number 234-810-188-5113
  • I know someone being scammed by someone with the name Smith Dahl. He has a son named Collin. He is stuck at a motel and they have his identifications and wont let him have them back until he pays his bill. He says he is from Italy but lives in New York and has a car lot. The person being scammed is trying to get him to send his son to them in the US so they can take care of him. This person is in love, I mean in love with this scammer. They haven't sent any money, but it wouldn't surprise me if they eventually do.

Hey baby,here is the information to send the money...
    Name...Ugah emmanuel
    State...Lagos
    City...Iju
    Country...Nigeria
    Zip code...23401
    Text question...Who do I serve
    Answer...God
  • BEWARE OF MICHEAL PERRY FROM HOUSTON GOD FEARING MAN ALSO QUOTES THE BIBLE AND IS A VERY CONVINCING MAN AND POURS THE CHARM ON REALLY THINK...HE IS TRYING TO SWEEP WOMAN OFF THERE FEET TO GET MONEY OUT OF YOU. HE WORKS ALSO WITH A MARK WELLS. HIS EMAIL IS: MIC20PERRY@YAHOO.COM AND GMAIL.COM PLUS THE PHONE NUMBER HE WAS CALLING ME FROM IS 234-8125720125. THIS GUY TOLD ME HE WAS IN EGYPT FOR A CONTRACT BID FOR CONSTRUCTION AND HE WON A 10 MILLION DOLLAR BID IN EGYPT. AND NEEDED $2000 FOR A LAWYER AND SENT ME A CHECK THROUGH MARK WELLS TO PUT IN MY BANK THEN REMOVE IT THAT NEXT DAY TO SEND IT TO HIM SO WE COULD START OUR LIFE TOGETHER. WELL WHEN THE CHECK CAME UP I STARTED CHECKING HIM OUT. LADIES FIRST THING CHECK OUT THE COUNTRY CODE ON THE NUMBER THEY GIVE YOU OR CALL YOU FROM. SECOND CHECK OUT THE COMPANY IN WHICH THEY SEND YOU A CHECK FROM. THIRD CHECK OUT THE LIES THEY FORGET THEY HAVE TOLD YOU AND TELL YOU ANOTHER ONE. WITH THE HELP OF MY DAUGHTER I FOUND THIS SITE AND FOUND MICHAEL PERRY ON HERE ALREADY READ IT..THAT IS JUST HOW HER TREATED ME EXCEPT FOR ASKING ME FOR MONEY..HE DID THE CHECK THING. I HAD SOMEONE AT MY BANK CHECK OUT HE CHECK BEFORE I ALLOWED IT TO BE DEPOSITED IN MY BANK AND IT TURNED OUT TO BE A FAKE AND SHE TOLD ME HOW TO CHECK FOR A FAKE CHECK. AND I CHECKED THE COUNTRY CODE ON THE PHONE NUMBER HE USED.

THANK GOD FOR MY DAUGHTER AND TWO FRIEND AND FINALLY LISTENING TO MY OWN INTUITION I DIDN'T GET SCAM :)!! AND PRAY TO GOD YOU READ THIS AND DON'T GET SCAMMED BY THIS HEARTLESS PEOPLE.
  • just because they are god fearing people here does not stop them shaking you down for money (they do not consider this a sin)

The officals here in all governement department thank god but are the most crupt Ive every seen and see no sin is asking for flash money
  • Well thank God I wasn't scam out of any money...I met Wayne A Hutchison...Wayne19600@yahoo.com on a Tagged.com..he sent me a message telling me how beautiful I was...He sent me a 3 page letter telling me he's an only child he born in Kenya. His father was adopted and his mother was from an orphanage, his wife died in automobile accident ironically the same year he supposedly had graduated from college. His profile on Tagged is a well dress good looking man Wayne A..from Portland Oregon age 48 birthday sept 9th..well he was too good to be true and I started second guessing alot of what he was saying. He's a independent civil engineer that travels all over the world..god fearing man looking for a god fearing woman. He told me god revealed to him I was his soul mate in less than 4 days. After searching for him on google NOTHING...then I went one step further FBI and that's when I found out he's a scam artist...There is a unsuspecting nice looking guy out there pictures being used for EVIL..I am glad I found him out before any money was exchanged. I played along with his stories and text him as if I was ready to love again and I wanted to be with him for the rest of my life..all the while during my research...The red flags was with the 1st letter...not too mentioned magic jack phone/a text only phone...Thank God my uncle who's a pastor pointed out alot of wrong in his letter speaking the word of GOD....I cancelled him within 4 days...he was just simply too good to be true..Ladies any man that's too good to be true probably is...I have a total of 14 pictures of a very attractive man..
  • I have been getting money requests from someone named Mark Andrea, his information is:
    e-mail: markandrea121@yahoo.com
    City: Ikeja
    State: Lagos
    Local Texas # 238-338-1712
    Nigerian # 2348136532378

This is obviously a Scam. Beware of this man, he is only after your money.
  • I have a feeling that my elderly mom is being scammed by a nigerian. He claims to be from the U.S. and is there to buy antiques for his business..The guys business partner and friends wire my mom large sums of money to send to him through western union (why cant they send it themselves?) I was told they many timers were going to meet but there was always an excuse..Car accident on way to airport..Couldnt buy a plane ticket..ect.My mom is still in contact with the guy through texts and cell phone (She has sent 2 of her old cell phones to him in nigeria..claimed tnhe first one was stolen at customs). They tell each otherr I love you (This guy claims to be 37..my mom is 63..hence the reason why she wont listen to anyone and stop the relationship.She's about ready to snd another big sum of money through money gram to him (its being wired tio her from a friend of his) supposedly 5400.00 I was told...Just wishing that me and her family can convince her to end this before shes acuised of something..(I have a feeling she's being used by this guy as a Middle-man..either between this guy shes sending the money to and his friends who collect it or between this guy and other people he is scamming. Sorry for the long sentences..just frustrated...
  • This sounds seriously dodgy. Has she spoken to him via skype? Is there any proof he is who he says he is? I think he's a scammer, but I understand it's difficult to convince a person who truly believes they're in love.
  • So my boyfriends mom has sent over $100,000 to 3 different guys. One of then was claiming to be from Malaysia, another from England, and the last from Sweden but asking money to be sent to Nigeria. The names were Larry Gabriel, Robert Wilson, and Mille Svennson. Last summer she sent Larry Gabriel $75,000 which is her whole income then she started begging for money from her mother saying she couldn't pay for rent and food. She couldn't see her daughter in pain and gave it to her. Nobody knew she was giving him money. She then had the nerve to ask my parents for money. That is when we started wondering what was happening. One day she left her Facebook open and we saw everything. She sent Robert over $40,000 and Larry $75,000. Her mother was having hip replacement and she came to the hospital once to beg for money. When she said no she never came back. My boyfriend lived at my house for the whole summer he couldn't even look at her. We didn"t talk to her for half a year. Then she started trying to talk to her mother again, kissing her ass and sucking up to her. Since she was her only child she wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt and started talking to her again. She again started asking for money for rent and food. She was very stupid but gave it to her because she didn't think it could happen again. Recently her mother found a hacker and has been following her messages where it says she has sent him all her money. My boyfriend doesn't talk to her at all because he cant look his mother in the face since last year she stole $5,000 from him. We know everything she says to him. At this point she has nothing and still sends him all she has. She was supposed to fly to Sweden and charged it on her mothers credit card but then he told her not to come (shocker) she was originally sending him money for his sick mother who was dying. She says she was crying every night for his mother. Yet when her own mother was in the hospital she did not visit her once. She has been putting Nigerian taxes into her bank account and they have been stealing her money through these accounts. He also has some contract that he has to put 70,000 into her account, and the best part is he asked her yo sign a contract saying she was his wife. So now they have her signature to use as they please. She will end up in prison or in bankruptcy. She is a terribly crazy woman who is lonely. I don't know what to do. Her mom has stopped talking to her and giving her money but my heart breaks every time she says its her fault. Her daughters crazy because she is lonely and thinks money will get her love. She has spent so much of her own mothers money. She lost her whole family. I try to help as much as I can since her mother cant drive, I drive her food shopping so she doesn't have to call her daughter, knowing if she does then shell just beg for money. I don't know what to do. She has gone crazy. Literally crazy.
  • i was also the victim of a scammer. we met 2 years ago on fb. at first i rejected his advances and flirting. but since i was haveing problems with my husband i began to fall for him. his "name" is thomas curtis arthur. i sent a lot of money to him. the last time we talked he said he was in a london jail. maybe maybe not because he was wanting more money. i did not send it and he has not contacted me in an almost a year now.

• @ Anya i really think you're being one sided here. let the story roll. let them both share. don't delete one and leave the other! it takes the fun away. i read that ealier post and there was no inappropriate language. oh'com on
    if there was any inappropriate language i think you should point it out in your response. courtesy demands that right?
    so far...
    @katarina who is also fara is either a scammer or a victim
    @ Aardaark is her bestie and also the one using her to make money
    a mister harry is also a scammer and also a victim.
    how am i doing so far? gonna follow this story to the end lmao
  • The post was deleted because it violated our terms. He is welcome to repost if he refrains from using inappropriate language.
  • Has anyone heard of Daniel Balsamo? I think he's a scammer also!
  • I would like to know if any of you know any of these names are scammers. Please!
    Ross Hewson
    Paul brown
    Jerry wilson
    Daniel balsamo
    Clint hernandez
    Casper rasmus
    Alex william max
    Brian unmbright
    Michael neet
  • does anyone know the name Michael Cole? he claims to live in California but grew up in germany. He claims to make gems and has a son named john. i have been chatting with him for about a week. he has already professed his undying love for me amd that he wants me to look for a house for us here in South Carolina. money is no object, remember we have just been chatting about a week. He has been meeting with some corporate people from france who is interested in his work. Tonight he sent me a text that they have accepted him as a gem creator for thier company, but he has to go to France and finalize the deal. He has promised to come to South Carolina and celebrate with me when he gets back. i know he is a scammer because i have dealt with them several times and they are all the same. I will post a number he have me and an email address on my next posting. i met him on tagged they are all scammers on there that site needs to be shut down!!?
  • The name Michael Cole has cropped up on this site before, read this thread , fourth post down. http://www.wordtravels.com/forum/discussion/2959/scams-in-lagos-africa/p1

I simply Googled the name Michael Cole Scammer and loads of links regarding scammers called Michael Cole appeared.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion