Is Schengen Visa accepted in Cyprus?
  • I'm an Indian national living in Dubai. I'll be travelling to Munich and later to Prague on my Schengen Visa this April. I'm also planning to visit Cyprus at the end of my trip. My question is: Can I enter Cyprus with my Schengen visa after I've exited Prague?

Appreciate your replies. Thanks.
  • Yes one can come to Cyprus fron a Schengen country.
  • That is incorrect: Cyprus is not part of the Schengen agreement. You will need a seperate visa to enter.
  • @Raj: Thanks. I like your answer because it suits me better. Nah, kidding. I checked with the Cyprus Embassy in Dubai, apparently if I have a Schengen visa and my first port of entry is a Schengen country, then I can enter Cyprus for as long as the Schengen visa is valid. If I fly directly to Cyprus, they'll send me back, because as DavidF mentioned Cyprus is not part of the Schengen agreement and I would need a separate Cyprus visa to enter.

Thanks peeps!
  • Hi, I have a Nigerian passport with a 3 yr leave to remain in the UK, do I need a visa to other EU countries such as Cyprus? Also, do I need a Shenden visa?
    Thanks
  • hi am mahesh from india, studying in cyprus i have cyprus visa, can i travell to different european countris on my visa orelse should i apply for schengen visa
  • Is it possible to get a Schengen Visa or Spanish tourist visa in a day? My girlfriend has lost her Austrian ID card which is her Schengen visa. We are due to fly to the Canary Islands a week today.

Thanks
    Regards
    James Waddell
  • Chadu u need schengen visa unfortunatley Cyprus is not in schengen.
  • hi i want to wisit cyprus , i have a swedish visa can i visit cyprus with that visa?
  • Swedish visa is for Sweden and I don't think the same visa is applicable for Cyprus and to visit you need a visa for Cyprus .
  • A Schengen visa issued by Sweden is valid for countries in the Schengen agreement, which includes Greece but not Cyprus.

Here's a list of the countries in the Schengen Zone (note that visas for none of these countries are valid for Cyprus):

Austria
    Belgium
    Cyprus
    Czech Republic
    Denmark
    Estonia
    Finland
    France
    Germany
    Greece
    Hungary
    Iceland (not a European Union Member State)
    Italy
    Latvia
    Liechtenstein (not a European Union Member State)
    Lithuania
    Luxembourg
    Malta
    Netherlands
    Norway (not a European Union Member State)
    Poland
    Portugal
    Slovenia
    Slovakia
    Spain
    Sweden
  • Although Cyprus is not part of Schengen visa region, it's possible to enter Cyprus with Schengen visa. But, there're conditions.
    Please refer to the link below. It's from High Commission of Cyprus in UK.

http://www.mfa.gov.cy/mfa/highcom/highcom_london.nsf/DMLVisainfo_en/DMLVisainfo_en?OpenDocument

Of course, one must confirm the latest facts with the respective mission of Cyprus in your country for the authentic information.
    Hope that helps!
  • I think I misread something and Thanks to Anya and Compuneo. Yes the Schengen visa is applicable for countries under the schenegan agreement. I think only Schenegan visa will not be enough to enter Cyprus one will definitely need other travel permissions issued by their authorities.
  • HAI GUY I GOT REPUBLIC OF CYPRUS ENTERY PERMIT BUT I WANT TO NOW HOW TO FIND
    THIS IS CORRECT OR FRAUT IF THERE IS ANY WEB SITE OR OTHERS?

ANYBODY PLEASE TELL ME.
  • Hay. I am Viktorija from Lithuania. My good friend G. is Indian and he lives and works in Cyprus in laundry. He lives there abt 7 years. And the said he must leave country after 2-4 months because they won't longer his visa. He wants to stay in Europe and he has a dream live and travel in Europe. They said he could stay if he'll marry European woman. But love just comes and it isnt any time limit and he dsnt want marry without love. I just don't understand why they dnt want to longer visas for Asians. Maybe their countries are called 'third' but they also are people with same rights and hearts as we Europeans... And i know some Asians. All people are beautiful with their souls and all have same rights to be happy and achieve their dreams. We all: Europeans, Asians and all others are 1 family. God is 1. We thought different religions and there is useless fighting with each others. But fact is: however different languages, religions or colors of skin we have - we all are the same deep in our souls. We should talk with each others and trying to understand each others. Every1 deserves to be heard! There are not any bad people. Some treat bad because they feel scared... That's why we should talk and no fight. And my good friend P. is sad because his dream can be shattered... What ideas do u have guys? His wish is living in Europe. And i think people should be free in traveling everywhere... Help plz! Thanx 4 every idea! My friend means to me a lot and all people have the same right to be happy!
  • P. S. In previous message i wrote my friend's name is G. Then wrote it's P. It isn't mistake. His full name is G. and short is P. And he wants stay in Europe, how could be possible to help him? Thanx for every idea!...
  • I also want to go to Lithuania. But i don't have Idea, how to go there. I live in Pakistan. Please give me an i dea, najmulhassan_mughal@ymail.com
  • Ma frnd's G. dream is 2 stay in Europe bt they sent him buck 2 India, how is possible 2 help him? Thanx 4 evry idea! Ma myl: victoshak@gmail.com
  • Sorz, in previous msg i wrote senT, i mean they senD him 2 India, he is still in Cyprus for 2-4 months...
  • Hay all. According on latest news from my friend G. he has to leave Europe after 1 month and come back to India. His dream is to stay in Europe but they don't want to longer his visa. How could be possible to help him stay in Europe? Thanx for every idea!
    My email: victoshak@gmail.com
    My Twitter: Vika K @Vikozuki
    My FaceBook: www.facebook.com/vikozuki

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged