Tours in Morocco Desert Tours,Marrakech to Fes via Merzouga
  • Hi !

I'm asking if it's possible to spend only one night in Merzouga desert (camel trekking and one night in desert) if it's possible to start a tour from Marrakech..spend one night in desert then back to Marrakech,

after searching on google i find 3 days tour itinerary from Marrakech to Merzouga erg chebbi desert with a Moroccan company
    { ww.Morocco-Excursion.com }
    please look at this itinerary and let me know how long time will takes to back from Merzouga to Marrakech ?

And 3 days tour are enough to discover the best places between the atlas mountains and the sahara ??
  • Too much travelling is the reason for the three day itinerary.
    You cannot possibly get to the desert and back in one day s it takes a day to get to Erfoud/Rissani/Merzouga from Marrakech. Part of the problem is travelling over the Atlas Mountains.
    Going on a organised trip is the more sensible way, the only other option is bus and taxis but then you are at the mercy of guides and touts who are very clever at taking your money and leaving you stranded in the middle of nowhere.
    Three days is the absolute minimumalthough you will still be driving in a vehicle for most of this time.
  • If you are stuck for time, suggest you come to Marrakech and then go to the near desert or just enjoy the desert landscape around Marrakech (there are some great places within an hour of downtown) and that way you don't need to spend 12 hours driving to see the sand dunes. Desert really needs 4 days unless you don't mind just driving the whole time.
  • Hi johnpedro!
    I hope to be useful to your question, giving you an advice.
    I think it's possible do what you want, expecially if you look for a riad (it's a quite different experience of travel than usual). I tried a riad in Marrakech three years ago, and i really enjoyed it!
    At the time I booked with http://www.riadselection.com/ !! I really appreciated this choice!
    Hope I've been useful!
    Bye
  • A completely pointless contribution by marc90 which has nothing to do with the original subject.
  • There are two desert areas in Morocco. We went to Erg chigaga instead of Merzouga and absolutely loved it. The drive was long too, but the scenery was so varied and beautiful that we didn't mind. Our driver was making plenty of stops that we didn't even felt the rides. If we has the time we preferred 4 days, but 3 days was fine too. We will be travel to Morocco again, it really is amazing country also thanks to YMT www.your-morocco-tour.com that planned our Sahara desert tour.
  • My 15yr old son Josh & I travelled through Morocco with Hassan's Morocco Excursions.(www.Morocco-Excursion.com) He organized the trip around the things we wanted to see & do. I wanted to see Volubilis ( the ancient Roman ruins) & Ait Ben Haddou. Josh wanted to Quad bike through the desert ( which was the most amazing fun) and ride camels at sunset. So Hassan designed a tour that went for 8 days including Volubilis & Fes in the north of Morocco, down through the desert for a couple of days, then across to Marrakesch via the mountains. Nothing was too much trouble for Hassan or for our driver,Brahim. Brahim's philosophy is "take it easy. It's your holiday you do what you like". This trip was the best value for money of all the sights I checked out, being half the price of the well known tour companies based in U.K. & U.S.A. & Australia. Not only that but we were with a company that knew the "real Morocco". I highly recommend Hassan & Morocco Excursions.
  • Also we are interested one night in desert, but Merzouga desert is better the zagora desert ?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion