Pink city of Jaipur
  • I want to do some sightseeing in Jaipur, as i have heard big things about the pink city and the amber fort. Is there anything around Jaipur, in the Rajastan countryside, that I should not miss? And why is Jaipur called the pink city anyway? - Bruno B
  • Hi

Jaipur is famous as a pink city of Rajasthan. You may see many historical monuments at Jaipur like Wind of Palace ( Hawa Mahal), Janter Manter ( Old way to see the time ), City Palace ( belong to Jaipur King ), Amber fort.

Have a nice day.

Bon Voyage India
    New Delhi
    India
  • Well you will get your answer about why Jaipur is called the pink city when you view the city from air! ;)
  • Hi Bruno,

Jaipur also known as the Pink City is rich with colors of joy, hill forts, museums and other shopping places.It is famous for leather shoes, tie, die, and blue pottery. It is one of the best planned city of India having marvellous architectures all around. Jaipur has many fascinating places to visit namely Hawa Mahal, Amer Palace, Jai Garh, City Palace, and Nahargarh.

The city is rich with many tourist attractions namely Amber Fort, Jaigarh Fort, Jantar Mantar, Govind Dev Ji temple, the City Palace, Nahargarh Fort, and Hawa Mahal. The architecture, interiors, exteriors, historic proofs are worth to visit and experience. Some other places are Central Museum Birla Planetarium, Dolls Museum, Traditional Puppet Show, Traditional Jewellery and Gem Stone arts, and Stone sculpture.

Shivani
  • Hi

It's really nice to visit Rajasthan, If you are planning to visit Rajasthan then It's sure that you will get a lot of memorable moment. As you want to know about all tourist palaces in Rajasthan. So one thing I would like to say, There are so many tourist places like Amber fort, jal Mahal, Hawa Mahal, Jantar Mantar, Ganesh Temple, Birala Temple, and so on. So for more information about tourist places in Rajasthan so you may go with this link and find each and every thing

www.rajasthan-tour-travel.net
  • Hello Bruno,
    You right anushka151 really Nice to visit Pink city of Jaipur.So you can see hare like Hawa Mahal, Amer Palace, Jai Garh, City Palace, Jantar Mantar, Laxmi Narayan Temple and Nahargarh.
  • I would like to suggest you one attractive thing, i.e., Pushkar camel festival. Many visitors prefer to be there in Rajasthan solely for this festival moment.
  • Rajasthan is a visual treat to any visitors,with its art forms, dance, music and craftsmanship, sand dunes, wooden hills, amazing lakes, places, rugged forts, the vibrant colors in people's attire, bustling towns and quiet villages, camels, elephants and tigers, the museums, the laces and many more...
  • Jaipur is called the Pink City because at the time, architecture of the town was very advanced and certainly the best in Indian Subcontinent. In 1853, when the Prince of Wales visited Jaipur, the whole city was painted pink to welcome him during the regime of Sawai Ram Singh. Today, avenues remain painted in pink, provide a distinctive appearance to the city. Jaipur is called the pink city because most of the old buildings of jaipur is painted in pink. Save It was painted to Pink, as the king want to show Price of Wales, the diversities of Jaipur, as if you mix all the colors it would come out to be dark brick red (Pink), with which they painted all the buildings.
  • There is no pink city of Jaipur but Jaipur is pink city which is situated in Rajasthan. It is famous for Wind of Palace , Janter Manter , City Palace and Amber fort.
  • Jaipur is top of the list for international and domestic tourists. In tourist traffic it is next only to Agra. Because the city has something to welcome all types of tourists - Heritage, Adventure, Wildlife, Pilgrimage, etc. It interests the rich, the business traveller, the budgetwalas and the backpackers.
  • Jaipur has been popularized with the name of Pink City because of the
    color of the stone exclusively used for the construction of all the
    structures. Anyone who has witnessed the city can substantiate the fact
    that all the buildings of Jaipur are pink in color.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion