Passport requirements for travelling to Amsterdam
  • My current passport expires on the 30th of June 2011 and i am planning a holiday to Amsterdam on the 10th February to the 14th of February. Will i be allowed entry into Amsterdam and then back into the UK? Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
  • I have the same query.
    My passport expires April 29th, but I'm going to Amsterdam between the 4th and 7th of March.
    Most websites say that you only need a passport that is valid for the duration of your stay.
    But confirmation of this would be appreciated.
  • Found this somewhere else on this site :) Hope it helps.

Entry requirements for Americans: United States citizens require a valid passport. No visa is required for a stay of up to three months in the Netherlands.

Entry requirements for UK nationals: No visa is required by British passport holders, irrespective of endorsement, for a stay of up to three months in the Netherlands.

Entry requirements for Canadians: Canadians must have a valid passport. No visa is required for a stay of up to three months in the Netherlands.

Entry requirements for Australians: Australians must have a valid passport. No visa is required for a stay of up to three months in the Netherlands.

Entry requirements for South Africans: South Africans must have a valid passport and Schengen visa for entry into the Netherlands.

Entry requirements for New Zealanders: New Zealand citizens must have a valid passport. No visa is required for a stay of up to three months in the Netherlands.

Entry requirements for Irish nationals: Irish nationals require a passport valid for at least the period of intended stay. No visa is required for a stay of up to three months in the Netherlands.

Passport/Visa Note: All passports, unless stipulated above, must be valid for at least three months after intended stay, except for British nationals who require a passport valid on arrival. Return or onward tickets, all necessary documents for next destination and sufficient funds are required by most nationalities. The borderless region known as the Schengen area includes the following countries: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain and Sweden. All these countries issue a standard Schengen visa that has a multiple entry option that allows the holder to travel freely within the borders of all. It is highly recommended that passports have at least six months validity remaining after your intended date of departure from your travel destination. Immigration officials often apply different rules to those stated by travel agents and official sources.

Note: Passport and visa requirements are liable to change at short notice. Travellers are advised to check their entry requirements with their embassy or consulate.

Netherlands travel Forum •Long-term visa for European countries?
    •Do I need to apply for a Visa?
    •Passport requirements for travelling to Amsterdam
    •Travel from Rotterdam to Amsterdam
    •CAR HIRE low cost one way for multiple countries Netherlands to France
    •Is it really legal to smoke pot in Amsterdam?
    •Do I need a tourist visa for holland?
    •DMCs for sport travel in Netherlands or Belgium?
    •Do I need Schengen Visa
    •applying for a dutch passport
    •I need visit / tour visa for holland
    •Noah's Ark at Werkendam
    •transport from amsterdam airport to rotterdam ferry terminal
    •Getting from Airport to Rotterdam port
    •fly to Eelde airport
    •Got a question or comment about Visa in Netherlands? Ask a Travel Expert!
  • I am travelling to Amsterdam on Thursday 4 May for 3 days. My passport expires on 22 May 2011.
    Am I OK?
  • Hi, I want to travel with my son from the UK to Europe either to Bruge or Prague during October half term week, however the expiry date for his passport is 31st October - will his passport still be valid for travel? We are both UK passport holders resident in the UK.
  • I am holdin a Dutch passport with less than 1 month validity, will I able to enter the Netherlands to return home?
  • Ok i can help you people renew you passport and any other document that you need to do if you don't mind
  • If you are from a Schengen country and travelling to another Schengen country you should move freely. (Open borders). However a lot of officials at airport and more forget this law
  • My wife and I are looking to go to Amsterdam for a weekend break, I am a British Citizen, and she is South African, I noticed that she requires a Schengan Visa to travel to the country. Does this rule still apply when we are married and travelling together?

Any help on this matter would be great. Thanks.
  • I am south african, and will be traveling to Ireland in Dec, via Amsterdam. Do I still need a Shengen Visa, even if I'm just passing though?
  • Jay: If you intend to leave the airport, then you need a Schengen visa. How long is your layover?
  • Hello, pls help me, I wanna ask about the requirements for visa to go to the Netherlands pls. 
    I'm a Vietnamese, I come to the UK for my study, and my UK visa expires on 31st of May, 2013. Now, I'm thinking of applying for Schengen visa so that i can visit the Netherlands in April (around 1 month before my UK visa expiry). According to some websites i've read, my UK visa must be valid at least 3 months after the departure from Schengen zone, so that my Schengen visa application can be accepted. However, reading most of documents relating to applying Schengen visa in the Netherlands, no visa is required. I'm confused, pls help me!
  • Leana I think you mean your visa expres in May 2014,

The only people who can give you the answers you require are here http://nl.vfsglobal.co.uk/index.html I suggest you contact them
  • hello , I need some help for Netherlands visa , I am Indian student studying in UK and I want to get a Netherlands visa? how do I get it ?
  • You need to apply for a Schengen visa for Holland http://nl.vfsglobal.co.uk/
    VFS Global are the official agents for all Schengen visa applications for all Schengen states.This is their UK contact details http://nl.vfsglobal.co.uk/contactus.html 

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged