Night life in Cape Town
  • Hello,
    I'll arrive soon in the mother city and I'd like to know how I could enjoy its so famous night life. I mean where and when.
    Thx
  • Hello Mathieu,
    Just go to Long St and see what happens there!
  • And don't forget to go to Kloof St as well!
  • Don't miss out on the H2o party and the MCQP party - these are the biggest party events on the annual calendar. Book ahead though - tickets sell out way in advance.
  • I book accommodation on Long street. Then upon tearing into the pubs and clubs I can stagger back a few steps to pass out without worrying about safety and transport issues.

Pops
  • 'Zula' is my favorite venue

Pops
  • Long street is busy and fun, but touristy. Most locals will find somewhere else to go, options include De Waterkant where there are some good bars, Kloof street is vibey and also near lots of good restaurant. There are lots of good bars on the strip in Greenpoint, and Camps Bay also have lots of bars and restaurants - Caprice is an old favourite for cocktails and the view, and La Med (by Clifton) is good for sundowners and pizza. I am out of date for nightclubs - they tend to open and close regularly. See the guide to nightlife in Cape Town on Word Travels.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged