• We are travelling to Berlin for a festival in July and would like to spend the following week holidaying in Germany but are unsure of where to go. We would be travelling by train and would like the week to be relaxing, but still go sightseeing. Does anyone have any recommendations on where to go?
  • Definately check out the city of Dresden, not too far from Berlin. The city center was almost completely destroyed in WWII, but has been rebuilt using original stone, etc. It is a beautiful city with a river (the name escapes me currently) running through the center. Take a day trip on a cruise boat (affordable, think it was approx 20 euro) up the river and absorb the stunning scenery, mansions, bridges, etc with a nice cold german beer in hand. The city itself is a tourist hotspot, but somehows manages to keep a relaxed and bohemian feeling. I cannot recommend it enough, and things are relatively cheap (ie hotels) due to the fact it is part of 'old' East Germany.
  • I can't recommend Hamburg highly enough. Great atmosphere and cafe culture. Heidelberg is a lovely town in the south, very small but very beautiful to look at.
  • Berlin is the largest city in Germany. Berlin is best known for its historical associations as the German capital, internationalism and tolerance, lively nightlife, its many cafes, clubs, and bars, street art, and numerous museums, palaces, and other sites of historic interest. Berlin's architecture is quite varied. So I think Berlin is a great choice for your trip
  • Is Stuttgart worth visiting? Its a German city I've barely heard of but a lot of people have been recommending it for a holiday in Germany suddenly. What is there to see and do? Any info much appreciated.
  • Hi Pigeon,
    Stuttgart is definitely worth visiting and has a lot to offer tourists. The city has some really great museums and galleries and is known for its mineral baths and spa complexes. It is also an attractive city with many parks and gardens. Check out this Stuttgart Travel Guide to get some inspiration.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged