5 months on passport
  • Travelling to Turkey on Friday 19th October and have just over 5 months on my passport. Is this a problem.
  • Depends of course how long you depend staying - unfortunately now the tourist visa is for 180 days (only 90 allowed in Turkey) so this may cause problems. Before when the visa was only for 90 days this often wasn't a problem but i'm not sure now how strict they are being. More problems occur at the check in at your departure airport (UK) they usually want to see 6 months validity. Also depends on the passport control official in Turkey on the day - some airports are Ok if you have a return ticket within your passport validity. Sometimes though you get a jobsworth. Best to contact your travel agent in the first instance but they may use the old 'passport and visa validity are your responsibility....'

Just checked the FCO website and i quote

'You must hold a valid passport to enter Turkey. Your passport must be valid for a minimum period of six months from the date of entry into Turkey and have at least three months validity from the date you are exiting Turkey'

http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travel-and-living-abroad/travel-advice-by-country/europe/turkey?ta=entryRequirements&pg=4
  • Thanks for your help. Read same comments on FCO website then phone for an appointment for 1 day passport. Don't want to take any chances. Thanks again. Kaydee
  • You're welcome - really isn't worth the risk. Here a lot can depend on who you get on the day and the airport but particularly due to the current situation i would suspect that rules are being applied very strictly.
  • Thanks Clarecg. Going for 1 day passport Thursday.
    Kaydee
  • Its depend on how long you staying .
  • Just a week but got new passport today. Thanks for your comment.
    Kaydee
  • Well done Kaydee! Far better to be safe than sorry. No stress now before you get to the airport.

Weather here in Antalya is still hot - not sure where you are going!

Have a wonderful time :o)
  • Thankyou so much for all your help. Going to Boulevard Hotel in Alanya and looking forward to all that good weather. Taxi booked, passport in hand and all set to go.
    Kaydee

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged