American who wants to visit Scotland
  • Hi everyone. I was informed recently that in order to travel to Scotland you need at least two months validity remaining on your US Passport. Well, I plan on getting into Scotland on May 3 and leaving at around May 20. My US passport is set to expire July 7, 2009. Is this a real problem or am I just making a big deal over nothing? Would they kick me out of the country for something like this?
  • Having once worked in the French Consulate, I would advise you to renew/extend your passport as the authorities are liable to be pretty sticky about this detail. Alternately change your travel plans to leave Scotland by 7th May. Better safe than sorry??
  • Well when I travel to America must have minimum of 6months on passport, but then again UK are as easy as they come to get in here so you may be ok, but best thing to do is send a quick email to your consulate and maybe they can help you

Hope you enjoy Scotland and have the nice weather
  • Just read in an old travel book that I need a passport 6 months old. I need a new one and want to travel in August!
  • hi yes you need a least 6 months on ur passport.
    and you could hire my minibus to take you all over scotland

william.
    mcinnesminibuses.com
    thank you.
  • I WOULD NOT WANT TO FOUND DEAD IN SCOTTLAND. THAT BASTARD THAT LET THAT TERROIST FREE IS A GOD DAM MORON. THE PEOPLE OF SCOOTLAND ARE WEEK AND WILL PAY FOR IT. BET WILLIAM WALLACE IS ROLLING IN HIS GRAVE.
    ANTHONY PINELLI
    USA
  • Dear Mr Pinelli

Do us all a favour and stay in the United States.

Lots of love from Scotland!
  • Yikes, Mr. Pinelli! You're a prime example of why Americans are so hated! Oh and here's a tip, proper spelling and grammar could help you get your point across in a more intelligent manner. I'm embarrassed for you and hope people reading your comment will understand that you're not a typical American.

Mrs. USA

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged