Am I looking for the impossible?
  • I think I'm looking for something that doesn't exist any more. Myself, my partner and our two year old son are seeking a sunny seaside holiday, self catering, in a thoroughly unspoilt little town, with a beach in close proximity, some lovely countryside for walks and picnics, charming cafes and restaurants, some history and buildings, and all that accessible from an airport with no need to hire a car to get far enough to keep busy! Oh...and cheap. Like I said... Impossible? Please share your knowledge and experience, I've got my fingers crossed for a some magical suggestions - or a time machine so we can go back to the 60s!
  • Yes, entirely possible, all over CROATIA. Of course it depends somewhat on your definition of "cheap". But there are many many unspoiled villages all over the islands (there are 1200 islands to choose from). You can stay in your own self catering villa or take a room (Sobe) at one the many many homes offered by locals. We find these very charming - clean and usually with a pretty balcony and view and the hosts are always hospitable.

Croatia is also very well connected with bus and ferry routes. So on the islands a car is not necessary at all.

The coast between Rijeka and Split has hundreds of small villages. The Dalmatian islands are particularly attractive too because they are close to Split or Dubrovnik airports and are easily accessible by boat. You have your choice of everything from small and natural islands for camping and day visits to large islands with excellent connections and a variety of experiences. We love Brac, Hvar, VIS, Kolocep and the Pakleni islands.

A good place to start is local websites.

Let me know if I can provide more specific information.

Nina
    Adriatic Experience
  • If you know that is not possible, shouldn't waste time looking for
  • Pretty much impossible IMHO :)  Maybe on the few Croatian islands but island don't have international airports. Brac island is pretty close to the Split international airport, only 1 hour by ferryboat. Check out prices, not so expensive like nearby Hvar island.
  • in UGanda it is possible, we make sure to make the impossible possible, if you are interested to come to Uganda and do all that at an affordable price just contact STEBAR SAFARIS UGANDA at their website and say sherinah recommended you there.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion