how to travel to istanbul?
  • Merhaba!
    i plan to travel to istanbul but i have no idea where to start to, i am currently working and a resident of Doha, Qatar. I am holding a Philippine passport. i want to know, how do i get a visa as tourist for 1 month to istanbul turkey?.. where can i get it?.. and how much dollar thus it require to be able to enter turkey as a tourist..

tesekkur ederim!
  • Merhaba,
    As far as I know the citizens of Philippines do not have to get a visa ...they need to pay a little amount of money at the airport (it was around 30$)
    And it is valid for 30 days..if you want to stay longer,you should apply for a visa.
    If you want to have more detailed info here is the phone and mail address of Embassy
    Kan
  • cok cok tesekkur ederim!!!

Correct me if im wrong, i understand it this way, like: I can just buy a plane ticket trip to Istanbul, then upon arrival i would just pay on the airport for my visa?.. No need for any show money?,.. like how much dollar do i have? or how much money do i have on my account?

Also Mr. Calledman, im a bit worried, for i hear that some turkish man could be very intimidating, that they would presume Asian tourist as a Prostitute.could this be true?? .. For i am a professional Nurse, if oneday i would be question upon entry as a prostitute ,and my visa be rejected.. i just cannot imagine!..any tips u could give me?

Also i would ask some detail to the above address u just sent me.

i really really want to visit Turkeye!!

Inshallah.. i come soon!!
  • You are welcome and don't worry about the men in Istanbul/Turkey. We (Turkish people) do not think that way about the Asian women.
    But there are some people , dark skinned-gypsy looking, around historical sites and basicly they can disturb you.They work for big stores ,they take people to the store and in return they get some commission from the store.And they ,sometimes,insult people if they cannot get what they want.
    The best way to avoid those idiots is just ignore them by saying '' thank you ,I am not interested in anything you might be selling'' Usually they start the conversation with '' excuse me?'' or '' the blue mosque is this way'' or something like that and then they talk wth you for a while,maybe show you around and then their uncle's store is right there.why don't you go and take a look? you don't have to buy anything...

that's all you need to know about those guys...
    as for visa,it is as I said before.But in case they changed it recently(these days our prime minister is making new treaties concerning the visa issues every sing le day so it is hard to keep up with the new regulations),you better call the Embassy of your country and ask them the current situation before you start your trip.

hope you enjoy Turkey

bye
  • Thank you so much Mr. Calledman!

Now atleast, i have an idea where to start my journey, on my way to Turkiye:)..i really appreciate your reply, and advise!..

Iyi Geceler..

Gule gule!
  • hello....
    salem!

i just want to ask some questions regarding how to travel to turkey.i am currently working in jeddah,KSA. and i'm holding a Philippine passport.i just want to know the details on how to visit your place,i really don't have any idea on how much i will going to spend. How much is the ticket from jeddah,KSA to turkey? Can you please assist me and explain every details on how to go there?
    i will really appreciate your help and advice on this matter.
    Thank you...
    I'll keep posted...
  • hi there mercury!

You can read the above advise replied by Mr.Calledman to have some idea.

As on how much money you have to bring it depends on how you will spend your day there:),, i have known from my bestfriend who have just went for vacation in turkey that No Show Money is needed:).. Also like make sure you have like a $50 per day for a 30 days, or more.
    (so that you can have an idea how much money to bring:). ticket i think could cost like $500 but im not so sure bout that, or maybe lower:)or higher.. as it depends where your from.

Well if your really really willing to go there,to be sure. u can just go or call to some airline office, and inquire how much the real amount of ticket to fly to turkiye, cos sometimes they have promo:),the earlier you know! the possibilities to avail it!

This what i know for now:), cos im so excited to fly to turkey too soon!!

i hope i have help you kabayan..
  • i want to go in istanbul but i dont knw the appropiate route for that..and how much money will be spend??
  • am really confused now because I have read all along that its need to have visa prior to arrival in Turkey being a Philippine passport holder...pls enlighten as am really interested to go there. also i read in one forum that last January 25, 2011 Turkish embassy declared Philippines as one of the countries visa free to enter turkey...??

thanks so much.
  • Hi - Beside travel by air from Fethiye to Istanbul, is there any other way (i.e, by bus or rental car) to Istanbul? We will be in Fethiye in mid July and the airfare is over $300 per person, a bit over my budget. I am welcome for any recommendation as to how to "get out" Fethiye beside by plane. Thanks alot.
  • Check out Pegasus Airlines for domestic flights www.flypgs.com they usually have some competetive deals. Others to try are Atlas Jet and Anadolu. Otherwise you will be loking at bus travel. A 12-14 hour bus ride each way! The main companies that run this route are Kamil Koc (http://www.kamilkoc.com.tr/), Varan (www.varan.com.tr), Ulusoy (www.ulusoy.com.tr). You may well find the websites in Turkish so it may be better to go to the bus station once you are in Fethiye and enquire.
  • About Istanbul and the Sultanhamet Area: Woman be Warned!
    Well I think the con artist men who are the best blank -blank talkers are in sultanhamet, turkey. i dont do sex vacations, but, if i did, i would want to know the truth. this guy is really a strange dude and now wont give out his last name. women be aware and protect yourself from men like him. he isnt special they are all over the Sultanhamet and Istanbul city limits.
    http://www.turantastan.com
    http://www.turantastan.com/wordpress

its silly to assume woman know men can lie like this. or that women should know about the con job. read the posts he lies. he tells women his wife died of cancer, come on. guilt and pity for what? to get a tourst in bed or her money. ridiculous it gives istanbul a bad name.
  • how to get there in turkey? im in the philippines now..pls. help i really want to visit turkey
  • i will be going to Bursa , Turkey
  • Hi! Im from Cebu, Philippines. I wanna visit Turkey as soon as possible but i don't have any idea where to start. I wanna know everything i should do and everything i need to prepare. Any documents needed? I'll just visit Turkey and have a tour, do i need to get a visa? If not, what do i need to have? What should i do? how much will it costs? Please help me for this......
  • hey there "corz" i can tell you about visa and other things by mail. add me : yilmazbilal@live.com
  • Hi Corz

According to the Ministry of Foreirn affairs website you need to apply to the Turkish consulate for a visa before travelling:

Philippines: Ordinary passport holders are required to have visa to enter Turkey. . They can get their 15 day period visas from Turkish diplomatic representations abroad.
    http://www.mfa.gov.tr/visa-information-for-foreigners.en.mfa

This is the address and telephone number of the consulate in Cebu

B. Benedicto & Son Co., Inc. 99-101 Plaridel Street
    Telefone: +63-32 254-7025 +63-32 255-0941
    Fax: +63-32 255-0113

Be a little wary of applying through 'visa agents' as you often pay a lot more for the visa than you would applying for it yourself.
  • Hi, I will be going to Istanbul on 3rd-7th of September 2012 to attend the FoodMicro2012. I already had an invitation letter from the local organizer as well as the supporting letter from my sponsor which is happen to be the International Committee for Food Microbiology and Hygiene. Can somebody assist me in applying for the visa. Thanks....
  • Hi Gener

Which country are you a passport holder of? Then check the MFA website for further details http://www.mfa.gov.tr/visa-information-for-foreigners.en.mfa
  • hi can i ask because my boyfriend from istanbul ask me how much do i nid money pocket to go there. And do i need a visa too ? I will stay there only for 1 wik .
  • Hello!
    I arrived Istanbul yesterday and my husband is from here. Question? Is it easy for me to get a job?
    Thanks!
    Neth
  • Another question. Where Filipino people go during days off. How do I meet them for chat?
  • Neth - to work legally you need a work permit that your employer applies for on your behalf. You also require a resident's permit. ?f you work illegally you can face deportation. You can get a residents visa by applying at the local Foreigners Department of the Polis.
    Sha - it depends which country you are a passport holder of. Check out http://www.mfa.gov.tr/visa-information-for-foreigners.en.mfa for the latest visa information for tourists. Most visitors require a visa to enter Turkey but many can be bought at the point of entry.

Netherlands - check out Mymerhaba.com for the area you are staying in and maybe post there to get an answer to your question.
  • Thanks so much! Great help!
  • me and my boyfriend plan travel in turkey in may 9 till 28 my boyfreind booked already for turkey cuose he live in uk but me i booked ticket .... i ask if i only buy fare ticket here with uot visa then i only buy visa when i am in istanbul going there for place of my boyfriend he waiting me there ....i worry if there askign me visa here ...so b4 i booked i ask ..... may i know also address and phone of turkey embassy here in phllipines.....
  • Marites

Hopefully the following information is useful to you:

According to the Ministry of Foreirn affairs website you need to apply to the Turkish consulate for a visa before travelling:

Philippines: Ordinary passport holders are required to have visa to enter Turkey. . They can get their 15 day period visas from Turkish diplomatic representations abroad.

This is the address and telephone number of the consulate in Cebu

B. Benedicto & Son Co., Inc. 99-101 Plaridel Street
    Telefone: +63-32 254-7025 +63-32 255-0941
    Fax: +63-32 255-0113

Be a little wary of applying through 'visa agents' as you often pay a lot more for the visa than you would applying for it yourself.
  • I love the country and people of Turkey.
    I hope I will have a vacation there next year.
  • Istanbul is Turkey's most populous city, and its cultural and financial center. I also want to travel to Istanbul
    Thanks Calledman
  • hi everyone

If anyone wants a location cultural tour plesa contac me ? can help for your tour with special car and special transferman and special cellphone for while you want a contac us
  • hello!
    Am a ugandan citizen working in china but i would like to visit Turkey,is it possible for me to apply from one of your embassies in
    china because i stay in shanghai.
  • Hi Syl
    According to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs website Ugandan citizens require a visa:

Uganda: Ordinary and official passport holders are required to have visa to enter Turkey. These pasaport holders with a valid Schengen or OECD member's visa or residence permit may get their one month period single entry visas from Istanbul Ataturk Airport on the condition that they travel with Turkish Airlines. http://www.mfa.gov.tr/visa-information-for-foreigners.en.mfa

Here are the details of the Turkish Embassy in Shanghai:
    Visa application days are Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays from 09.30 to 12.30.

Address:
    San Li Tun Dong 5 Jie No: 9
    100600 Beijing / PRC
    Consular Office (Konsolosluk ?b.) e-mail:
    consulate.beijing@mfa.gov.tr

Telephone: +86 10 6532 1715

Fax: +86 10 6532 5480

E-mail:embassy.beijing@mfa.gov.tr

http://beijing.emb.mfa.gov.tr/
  • Turkey has more many beautiful place and I don't how is travel by train and where will I visit first when come to overthere.
  • To be honest train travel is not the easiest in Turkey as there are not many routes.

If you intend travelling lond distances between cities often a domestic flight is the quickest and as cheap as bus travel. There are a number of domestic airlines such as Pegasus (www.flypgs.com) Anadolu Jet (www.anadolujet.com/) Atlas (www.atlasjet.com/)

Bus travel is comfortable and there is an extensive long distance service covering most of the country.

So really it depends where you want to travel
  • Midday travel turkey is a traditional tour operator which provides cheap travel packages to Turkey.We specialize in providing turkey tour packages which includes hotels,motels and adventurous places around turkey. For more information, please visit us online at www.middaytravelturkey.com.
  • hi there...
    my boyfriend who is a nigerian is inviting me to come over there in turkey on his birthday on May 7.i already have the checklist of the requirements needed for the tourist visa.it shows there i need to have an original passbook savings account certificate adressed to the embassy.approximately,how much money does my savings acct need to have for the embassy to approve my visa? and what if i decide to stay longer than 2wks,is there any way for me to extend validity of my visa?i read that max can be 30 days.pls reply either here or to my email add rosineirinafabria@yahoo.com, thanks a lot.any response will be a lot appreciated =)
  • Rosine what is your nationality??

Check out
    for more information.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged