Traveling to Sri Lanka
  • I'm going to sri lanka this december. I want to know more about sri lanka. I checked that the currency is very low in sri lanka. The basic information I got to know by books and internet. I need to know some experaices here so I can make my trip a sucess. Please let me know as soon as possible. The hotel I picked up is quoted below please let me know if you guys knows this place

Sri Lanka Holidays
  • We are Journey Lanka If you want to know more about us, Call our hotline or visit our website here : www.journeylankaholidays.co.uk
  • Sri Lankan people are extremely friendly. They will strive to take care of you and to make you feel welcomed in their country.
    One of the best things about Sri Lanka is that you can just walk down the street and say hello to any random stranger passing by.

Trains can be a good way to travel around the country, but routes are limited and it’s rather slow. There are a number of different classes, and you may even get your own seat!
    Normal buses in Colombo cost less than 30 LKR ($0.30) for a ride

Colombo is Sri Lanka’s major city and entrance point, but from there it’s easy to get all around the country
  • I can give you a cheap airlines ticket for Melbourne with dearflights.
  • Hi James,
    Sri Lanka seems to be increasing in popularity as a holiday destination all the time. You're visiting during the west coast's dry season, which is perfect, but be aware that the east coast has a different climate. There are loads of things to see and do in Sri Lanka but one of the best, if you are an animal lover, is a visit to the Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage, where you can get close to the amazing animals that Sri Lanka is known for. I know you said you had done some research but here is a Sri Lanka Travel Overview which may give you some new ideas.
  • Srilanka is the good country and many places in it to visit.
  • Sri Lanka is an ideal tourist destination for everyone.
    Thank for sharing.
  • Greeting from Sri Lanka!
    Dear James,

Are you still planning your visit to Sri Lanka?

You made the most suitable destination for your holiday as Sri Lanka is an island that Included all the things..
    As you referred the internet you might have a basic understand about this country.It is covered with golden sandy beaches around and there are 2500 year old historic ruins and artifacts,tropical rain forests with a great biodiversity, amazing wildlife destinations where the Elephants, leopards,wild boars,peacocks and may more animals with their natural habitat, Elephant orphanages as well as 7 world heritage sites including the 8th wonder of the world -Sigiriya rock citadel.

It is not possible to finish telling you the verity of tourism destinations here but if you are plan to come Sri Lanka, better you to try to visit at least maximum number of following places,
    1.Kandy heritage city (with Lord Buddhas tooth relic temple)
    2.Pinnawala elephant orphanage
    3.Sigiriya rock citadel, Dambulla golden cave shrine & Polonnaruwa Historic ruins
    4.Nuwaraeliya (where the world's best Ceylon tea comes from)
    5.Yala national park
    6.Galle fortified city
    7.Southern Beaches
    8.Colombo city

If you are not yet came here,I can help you to manage your tour itinerary with good hotels and provide you an English speaking chauffeur guide if you send me an email address to contact you.feel free to contact me anytime via email: tharindu@sonrisaholidays.com

If you are already in Sri Lanka, I like to Welcome you to this magnificent island
    Experience the magic of this paradise!!!
    It is a pleasure to comment on your post!
    Have a nice and safe journey!

Best Regards
  • hay thanks all for your valuable support. I went on a Sri Lanka holidays I never forget. Thanks for your kind replies and support

@ Tharindu

yes . I visited Kandy , Pinnawala, Yala reserve and Galle fort. It was amazing truly

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged