How to plan my 14 days India trip, to minimize the travel time and cost?
  • hi there,

Im going to north india for 14 days with another friend of mine.

Basically these are the places i wanted to visit within the 14 days.
    new delhi-jaipur-jodhpur-udaipur-agra-khajuraho-varanasi- rishikesh-delhi.
    do you think i have enough time to do all this? If yes where should i start with to minimize the traveling time and cost. How much would it be enough if we are traveling on a budget. I was told about the train tickets that i need to book in advance.

Do let me know how should i go about> Thank you

Alvin
  • Hi Alvin,

You can cover all these place sin 14 days. Yes you will have to book the train tickets well in advance. Normally USD 100 per day is a reasonable and good budget travelling to India exclusive of domestic and international airfares. I will suggest you go for a good tour operator for all the hassle free travel services. I took my North India Tour from comany called Indo Asia Tours. You can search in google for their website.

Thanks,

JItender
  • lvin
    Your itinerary is the standard "must see", north India for first time visitors and a good routing.You will have your hands full by this simple rule of thumb...each place warrants at least two days...you have 9 on your list and 14 days..you are short by 4..hence it will be more than intense if you try and see the "must sees" at each stop. This coupled with the transit time in each. Frankly, I would cut out the proportionate no of places to see the others in a more systematic fashion. To explore Hardwar and Rishikesh and the Upper Ganges Valley in a sane manner you can consider www.rivermountain.in or www.spashram.info and ask for their student rates which are not published. Also feel free to write into us at www.tigerpawadventures.com and ask for collegiate low budget programs/voluntourism programs etc.and IndRail passes to see what is on that you can jump onto. Happy Hunting! IJS
  • I don't think 14 days is enough time for you because if you want to travel & enjoy all these places, it will take minimum three to four weeks. So you need to either increase your stay or strike out some places where you won’t go. And yes, booking early will be best for you as in my last visit I booked early and it was convenient for me to travel around.
  • HI

If you plan well then you may do this 14 days but it will be little tight because you want to visit & cover 03 different directions Rishikesh on Hills, Rajasthan which is west side & Khajurahoo, Varanasi which is in Central east so we prefer you should start from Rishikesh then rajastha & then varanasi.

have a great day.

you may also visit us on facebook.

Bon Voyage India
    {Inbound Tour Operator}
    New Delhi
    India
  • Hello everyone.
    I am from india, and in class we have to pretend that we are taking a 14 day trip to india. We will be landing in the Mumbai Airport. These are the main monuments/places we want to visit:
    -Taj Mahal (obviously)
    -India Gate (in Mumbai)
    -Chitrakot Waterfall (maybe)
    -New Dehli
    -MAYBE Pune
    -MAYBE the Ganga (Ganges)
    -Some other main places to go...

we can spend as much money as we want

we want to plan it during a big festival, like diwali, so that we can see all of the decor and everything (im doing this with a group of ppl)

transportation tipes, which places to go to, ANYTHING will help! :P

please comment/reply!

thx soo much!
  • I'm from bangalore, planning for a north india trip for 10 days, between august 1st n 12th.. Ll be leaving blore on aug 1st n ll reach srinagar by 1 pm (flight tickets already booked). I have made a plan to visit dal lake, gulmargh n palmargh n vishnava devi temple, kulu manali, agra n delhi last by aug 11th mrng.. Return flight to blore from delhi is on 12 aug (already booked).. Help me with calculating the budget n places to be covered in an order so that I don't waste time in travelling.. We are 3 guys n have planned a budget of 12 per head apart from flight tickets.. Is that enough?? Some one please help.... Ur help will be much appreciated..
  • Dear Prashanth,

No problem Dear it is possible to visit dal lake, gulmargh n palmargh n vishnava devi temple, kulu manali, Agra and Delhi.
  • You should try to visit Kerela. its a beautiful place, serence and scenic and a popular tourist attraction especially Mannar in Kerela:)
  • Nice to hear about your plan. Of course, you have to make it covered all areas within two weeks, but a problem is that you will not get enough time to spent on each destination.
  • It's really not easy to cover all these destinations to visit with pleasure . . you can do mean to travel in 14 hardly , but this should not be the appropriate time to tour such all locations . .better to extend little more time .. may be good with 20 days atleast . .
  • If you plan well then you may do this 14 days but it will be little tight because you want to visit & cover 03 different directions Rishikesh on Hills, Rajasthan which is west side & Khajurahoo, Varanasi which is in Central east so we prefer you should start from Rishikesh then rajastha & then varanasi.
  • when traveling in India try to visit kashmir valley: http://www.squidoo.com/kashmir-valley
  • For all those looking to travel in India and currently planning itineraries, have a look at this India Travel Guide to get some ideas. Many first-time visitors begin their journeys in Delhi and cover the 'golden triangle' tourist route which includes Delhi, Agra and Jaipur. The city of Varanasi, also in the north, is intriguing and a great addition to this trip, but there are so many options!
  • Personally I prefer to spend a longer time in each destination. Because you get tired and sometimes you just wish you had a rest. If you're always on a bus or always sleep-starved... it's not fun and you don't take things in. That said, I guess sometimes we have little choice.

I suggest you figure out the best route to hit the places you want, researching on trains and flights etc that can connect you and possibly give you a view on the way. Else save you time. I use wego travel india for comparing flight prices and booking online quickly. Might help you save some money but definitely research on your route first.
  • Dear Alvin,
    You can very well cover. these places. it will cost you nearly US$ 79 per day. on twin sharing accommodation, minimum 2 person traveling, surface journey by car. , using train also. for Khajuraho. for more details. contact. info@ataritours.com through email. Good day
  • yes you can cover these places in just 14 days easily and also you can enjoy all places along their and traveling cost is depends on you from which you like to go by bus or taxi or train but also you can book your trip by tour operators. 

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged