What is Stanley, Hong Kong like?
  • I'm planning a holiday to Hong Kong with my sister and her family, and wondered if anyone has been to Stanley in Hong Kong? I've read conflicting reports that it's a fishing village, that it's a tacky resort town, that it's cheap, that it's overpriced... is it worth a day trip from hong Kong city or just an hour or two. Also, what is the best way to get to Stanley from Hong Kong City, as we won't be renting a car in Hong Kong.
  • I really liked Stanley and have been there a couple of times, but I would say it is more of a day trip thing rather than staying there. It is really easy to get from the city to Stanley on the bus and it is really cheap. There is a beach en route to Stanley on the bus also that is really nice if you have good weather. The market is an experience not to be missed and I have to say there is never any pressure from the traders. All are very friendly. There are a couple of Westernised restaurants here too....from recollection I think there is a Pizza Express!!
  • Stanley makes for a great day trip from Hong Kong but I don't think its worth staying overnight. Here's an overview of Stanley and what it has to offer, including directions and transport information from the city. There are loads of wonderful excursions out of Hong Kong - some of the best are a trip to Lantau Island, a visit to the 10,000 Buddhas Monastery, and taking the Ngong Ping 360 Cable Car to the Big Buddha.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion