Visa expired in India - what happens now?
  • I'm wondering if anyone knows what happens in India if your visa ends two days before coming home. I just applied for a 6 months visa but didn't realise they start the issue date from when they recieve the visa not from the date you have said you are travelling out. I can't afford to get a new air ticket and I haven't got enough time to apply for a new visa! Help!
  • If you are only 2 days over, be apologetic at the airport, and expect to pay a small fine. Not sure how much this is. Otherwise no more servious consequences will come your way. There is a lot of great information at India Mike's forum: http://www.indiamike.com/india/indian-visa-and-passport-questions-f9/
  • I am in the same situation, what did happen to you?
  • We are from Afghanistan. I and my wife have M visas and our two minor children have T visas. We all had to go to the doctor for the treatment, and we did. Our treatment completed on Feb 07 2013. Afterwards, we applied to the office of UNHCR in New Delhi for Refugee Status. We will be interviewed at the end of March 2013 and our result will be out at the end of June. However, our visas expire at the end of Feb 2013. I went to FRRO to extend our visas, but they said I should bring a certificate for them from a recognized hospital in which my doctor says his/her patient needs e.g. 1/2/3/4/5....months more so that his/her treatment will be completed, then, they can extend our visas. As I said before, our treatment already completed and our doctor will not issue such a certificate to us. My questions is: If, for example, UNHCR doesn't accept our Refugee Status and our Visas are expired (for 6 or 7 months) and we need to go back to our home country, what will happen? Regards
  • Hello Friends
    I would like to help you . I am from India If your planning to come to India If you planning to come to India I would suggest South India compared to North India because . Climate is moderate through out the year i would Suggest Bangalore you can find a very good PG or Paying Guest from 3,000 Rs to 6,000Rs . Its Safe for ladies as well as foreigners . If you still cheaper good Accommodation you live the City Mangalore its one of the safest city with International Airport situated on West coast with 90% Educated population and can Communicate in English . PG will cost from 1500Rs to 4000Rs. 4000Rs single room with 3 times food ,TV , all Facilities . If anyone want know anything about any part of India I can help them trohithpai@gmail.com
  • PLEASE I NEED HELP TOO,I HAVE OVER STAYED DUE TO SICKNESS,MY VISA EXPIRED 11TH OF LAST MONTH AND I WANT TO GO BACK MY TICKET IS STILL VALID WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW? 

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged