Travelling to Nepal
  • Can anyone assist. I have read a lot about Nepal. The most talked about experiences are about trekking in the mountains. I find it a bit weird that no one has started another kind of route. There are so many other things that attract people, why is there not a "trek" to all the handicraft centres in Nepal and carpet knot industries. What about places where you can just go and rest? I do not want to run around and live out of a suitcase all the time. Please I need this information quite soon as I want to go to Nepal in October. You do not need a guide if you stay in one place for a few days?
    Elsbeth
  • You can relax and visit the Kathmandu valley. If you stay in cities like Bhaktapur, you can enjoy a quite life in Nepali style.
  • How long will you be in Nepal? If you are interested in all the handicraft you will be better off spending time in Kathmandu and Pokhara. And you will not need a guide.
    I would suggest staying in Pokhara (a beautiful lake side town that is very chilled out) and visiting the Tibetan refugee camps nearby, and then coming back to Kathmandu and visiting Bhaktapur and Patan.
    Hope that you have a nice time.
  • Hi Elsbeth,
    If you don't fancy trekking then you can see loads of amazing sights in and around Kathmandu - Bhaktapur has already been mentioned, maybe Nagarkot as there are some amazing views from there and you can get there by car or by trekking ... maybe take a scenic flight around Everest and then head down to the sub-tropical lowlands for Chitwan National Park and take some safaris or just relax and enjoy your surroundings. If you head to Pokhara is is mainly a trekking hub for the Annapurna trekking region, but there is other stuff to do there too, kayaking on the lake, paragliding etc ....you can arrange all this locally.
    The people and culture are really great, but the nice thing about trekking as you get away from the roads and cities into rural Nepal and enjoy the mountain views along the way. I would recommend a shortish trek from Kathmandu or Pokhara if you don't want to be contantly packing and unpacking and then combine it with more restful stuff either side of the trek....
  • Nepal is brilliant because even though it is famous for treks, there is so much more. Kathmandu is the busiest place but still very relaxing. Head to Pokhara to chill out by the lake and stroll around. How about Lumbini, not on the main tourist route, but as it is the birth place of Buddha and pilgrims flock here all year round to meditate, this is an extremely relaxing place.
  • Hey,

For detailed information about travelling to nepal visit http://travelnepaldirectory.com or http://traveldirectorynepal.com

It has a list of all the travel operators in Nepal. It consists total information about travelling to nepal and also the directory of travel agencies in nepal. It features list of trekking, expedition, operators. Embassies and Consulates present in Nepal are also listed in the directory.

Hope I could Help!
  • Nepal, is perfect place for trekking. You will enjoy more there.
  • I had gone through the post, Nepal is one of the best places for trekking. Everest Base Camp is one of the most popular trekking in Nepal and also known as mountain trek, It will give us immense pleasure to introduce us to an amazing view of the world's highest peak. Annapurna Trekking offers beautiful views of the mountains while you are surrounded by the wonders of nature.
  • Nepal is one of the best country for touring purpose. If you want to travel from London to Nepal Dear Flight Provide a good fare compare than other.
  • I recommend you Pokhara. It is quite relaxing and you can easily spend a week there in one of the relaxing hotel like Fishtail Lodge. The only lodge on the other side of the lake is tranquil and offers magnificent view of Himalayan ranges and Phewa lake. Go for a day trips like hike to World Peace Stupa, bird watching, Paragliding, ultra light flights, world's extreme zip flying, rafting and more. Visit near by organic farm in Sarangkot or Begnas lake. There are plenty of day activities after which you can come back and relax in a cozy place every night. You can visit www.itournepal.com/tours/pokhara.php for things to do around Pokhara.

There are also hunting reserve and wildlife reserves for birding where people can easily spend more than a week exploring around.
  • i Recommend you Annapurna base camp trekking , this trekking start from drive to pokhara to Nayapul & hiking up poon Hill . During the trekking you will see beautifully Annapurna panorama view like Annapurna south. Annapurna one as well as festal. When you arrived Annapurna base camp you will see sun rise and sunset view and trek down to natural hot spring enjoy is there and trek back to pokhara .please fore more visit website :http://www.nepalguidetrekking.com/Annapurna-Region/annapurna-base-camp-trek.php
    and visit pokhara city whiche is very nice city in world .

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged