renewal of passports
  • Hi
    My sons' Malaysian passports will be expiring end of Sept 2013 and when I checked with the embassy in Rome of the documents required for the renewal, I was informed that they would also need to submit copy of their Visa. We have been in Italy for more than 5 months and intend to leave in July.
    Our problem is that they are Italian citizens as well and therefore do not require to have Visa. Malaysian law does not allow dual citizenships.
    Do you think we could take a chance leaving Italy and entering Malaysia with their current passports as they are still valid? They are going home anyway.

Thank
  • If you are entering Malaysia on Malaysian passports, you don't need to worry about the expiry date as long as they are still valid. If you're going back in July and they expire in September, you'll be fine.
  • Thank you, Anya. If that is the case, will renew their passports when we are back in Malaysia. Just hope the M'sian immigration officers do not have different views on this.
  • I have yet to hear of a country refusing to let its own citizen return while they have a valid passport!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion