Which Canary island for a family holiday?
  • I am planning a family holiday in the Canary Islands, mostly because of the great weather and good beaches. Which is a better bet for a young family - Lanzarote or Fuerteventura? We are looking for a more quiet, laid-back experience rather than a party scene. Thanks ,D
  • Both islands are great, I travel quite a lot in the Canaries with my 4 years old daughter, in Lanzarote I'usually choose a villa or a very nice resort called h10 lanzarote gardens in Fuerteventura I also have 3 small nice apartments, not many units near the beach
  • I can highly recommend North Tenerife. Puerto de la Cruz is an excellent play to holiday. It has 3 beaches, a Lido, Botanical Gardens, and a fantastic bus service to all the neighbouring towns and the Capital Santa Cruz which is just 40 minutes away. The centre is level for walking so if you have difficulty with hills choose hotels in the centre or along the front.
    I have written (work in progress) a blog about North Tenerife just yesterday!
    Take look here
    http://www.squidoo.com/north-tenerife
  • The only best place in Canaries is Lanzarote followed by Gran Canaria and tenerife. But i suggest you should go for Lanzarote because it is situated in the northern coast of Africa where the weather is perfect.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged