Travel to Geneva
  • Dear Sir/Madam
    I would like to know if you have a British passport and the SA passport. Is it necessary to apply for the Visa to Geneva?
  • I forgot to state that you are from South Africa and I would like to know if you have a British passport and the SA passport. Is it necessary to apply for the Visa to Geneva?
  • Hi,
    British passport holders do not require a visa for Switzerland, but South African passport holders do. If you have both you should travel on the British one but you should confirm with an official source like an embassy before setting off (some countries get upset about dual passport holders). Here is a summary of Visa and Passport Requirements for Switzerland.
  • Hello Ella,

Liked your great efforts. I found here worthy and helpful information about Visa and Passport. It will be very useful for all visitors.
  • In 1536, a young man named John Calvin, fleeing the persecution of Protestants in France, spent a night in Geneva. As it turned out, he was to do a lot more there than sleeping. After being expelled from Geneva for nearly three years, Calvin returned triumphantly in 1541 to help elevate the city to the rank of a Protestant Rome. The intellectual influence of the Reformation extended to all realms of Genevan life: politics, economy, and administration.

Geneva was an independent republic from at least the 16th century until it became a Swiss Canton on 31 Dec 1813. This is a point of some pride to the Genevois, who still refer to their Canton as the R

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged