Top things to see in Peru
  • Hi - I am planning my next holiday and am thinking about going to Peru. Obviously the Inca Trail is well known, but what are the other top things to see in Peru? Are there other trails which are better and less busy than the inca trail, and what other sights are there which do not require walking! I was thinking about combining the holiday in Peru with a tour of the Galapagos Islands - is this is good idea? How easy is it to get to? And from an ecological point-of-view is there any harm in going? Thanks, M
  • Hi Mathieu!

If you're looking for some inspiration for what to do in Peru, I would suggest including the following places:

Huacachina - stunning desert oasis where you can do sand-boarding or just relax by the pool.
    Islas Ballestas - a place to go if you love wildlife; there's an abundance here!
    Nazca - to see the infamous Nazca Lines.
    Lake Titicaca - get an insight into how the local people live on the islands.
    Macchu Picchu - inlcuding the Inca Trail if you like trekking.
    Arequipa - visit the beautiful Colca Canyon, one of the deepest canyons in the world.

I hope you have a really fantastic time!

Suzanne
  • Thanx for the post........really good information.............. 
  • Embark on the journey back in time to the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu. Built around 1450 and abandoned 100 years later, Machu Picchu lay forgotten in 1911 when Hiram Bingham brought attention to this treasure and it was shortly thereafter declared a world heritage site. It recently received a title change to be included as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World. The ruins of Machu Picchu is 7970ft above sea level on a ridge in the Umbra Valley in Peru, meaning that altitude sickness can be a problem for some. The building is built of dry stone walls, and created perfect but in some places the rocks are built so well that a knife could not pass ...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged