Getting a Cuba tourist card
  • Thanks Terry, I was looking at fares and the best I am getting is €1400 for 2 ex Dublin with Air France so I may go down the travel agent route after all. I haven't looked at the hire car links yet but my husband is a very good driver who loves a challenge so it might be our thing! Have you any recommendations for Havana?

Many thanks
  • I'm an Australian travelling to the US under the visa waiver program. Then intend to visit Cuba via Mexico or Bahamas. I need to return to the US before returning to Australia. Will I have an issue returning to the US after Cuba ? can any one help me in this ? plx
  • 1.) migsy, before you get too excited about car hire be sure to read my link above... car hire is NOT for everyone, especially with the Viazul Bus supplying very decent service between all the tourist spots and with local taxi hire so inexpensive.

2.) Kate Lee, your questions was answered several posts above. No, it is not an issue for a non-US citizen/resident to visit the US after being in Cuba.

Cheers,
    Terry
  • i'm a israeli traveler ,can i get visa to cuba from montego bay,jamaica with my israeli passport ?
  • Yes.

Cheers,
    Terry
  • Hey there. I'm a South African Citizen currently living in Saudi Arabia with a Residence Permit with my British husband. I need a visa for the UK when we go over there, but will I be able to also get a TC in the UK while we are there on holiday so we can go straight from our holiday in the UK to an extended holiday to Cuba? Don't know yet whether we will take an all inclusive package or purchasing our plane tickets online, but should we do it ourselves, would I be able to get a TC in the UK (perhaps at the airport?)
  • Hi Terry

Thanks for your link for the Visa and all other info. Can you advise on travel between Cayo Coco and Havana and costs.
  • Hi Terry, am processing my visa now. Do you know anything about the flights between Caya Coco and Havana - the guy I am dealing with in Havana says they are not very reliable, delays and cancellation at short notice? The alternative he is quoting is quite pricey so thought this might be a b etter alternative.
  • Hi Terry,

Have you had any feedback from anyone successfully managing to purchase a Cuban tourist pass at Heathrow airport? The 'cuba tourist visa online' company have informed my that they don't have enough time to post a tourist card to me in Australia nor are they willing to send it to my London hotel.... any suggestions? Thanking you in anticipation!
  • No clue what the situation is at Heathrow, but I would NOT be showing up without the Tourist Card in hand. That's too big of a risk.

1.) How long will you be in London?

2.) Which 'Cuba tourist visa online' company have you been talking to?

3.) Which airline or tour operator are you flying with from Heathrow to Cub?

Cheers,
    Terry
  • Hi Terry,

Thanks for your response:

1. I'm only in London overnight - no time to go to the embasssy directly unfortunately...

2. cubaism website told me that they won't post to a hotel and visacuba.co.uk require that I have booked at least 3 days accomodation with them to be able to purchase the tourist card through them

3. I'm flying with Iberia from Heathrow to Havan (via Madrid)

I've seen a post that Virgin Holidays at Gatwick airport sell them and am seriously hoping that at least one operator at Heathrow will do the same.... any other suggestions?

Cheers,

Mish
  • Wow, I'm really disappointed with the response you received from https://secure.visacuba.com/pages/home.aspx They are an excellent organization but that 3 nights minimum hotel purchase is crap, there's no way they should be treating you differently than they handle UKers.

Do you have a stopover in Madrid? If so, try to buy the TC there. When you land in Heathrow try again. I'm sure you can get it somewhere at Heathrow but it would be so much better to have it in your hand before the departure day, in other words, have it when you go to sleep in London.

Hit the Virgin, Thomas Cook and Thomson Tour Agents at Heathrow, they're supplying TCs to all their package tour clients, surely you can score from one of them.

Lastly, try posting here: http://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g147270-i91-Cuba.html

I don't know what else to say... Good luck...

Cheers,
    Terry
  • hello my friends...
  • Mish,

I have posted the question for you over on Trip Advisor. Check it out here:

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g147270-i91-k5347944-Tourist_Card_at_Heathrow_Possible-Cuba.

Hope you get a good answer...

Cheers,
    Terry
  • Mish, the answers at the above link aren't looking very good thus far for Tourist Card purchase at Heathrow.

1.) Are you still in Australia? Can you get one from the Cuban Embassy in Sidney?

2.) Where will you be in Europe? Can you get one from a Cuban Embassy there?

Cheers,
    Terry
  • Hi Terry,

Thank you for all your help!

I'm only in transit in Madrid for a few hours.... looks like I'll have to get on the phone to the booking agents at Heathrow on Monday and hopefully find one who is willing to help me. Failing that I'll try visa.cuba again on Monday and pick it up from a friend's house in London as soon as I arrive. THank you again!h
    Cheers,

Michelle
  • Have fun, and good luck.

If you need help in Havana, talk to this guy:

http://www.cuba-junky.com/havana/pototo.htm

Cheers,
    Terry
  • I am an Australian traveling to Cuba in Sept departing from Toronto,Canada with Air Canada. Will I be able to purchase tourist card at airport still rather than applying thru consulate in Australia?
  • Cecelia, your question has been answered many time throughout this thread.

The Tourist Card is a complete non-brainer when departing from Canada. It MUST be supplied to you by your Airline, Tour Operator, Travel Agent, etc. With Air Canada they hand it out to you on the aircraft. The TC is included with the price of your ticket.

Have fun.

Cheers,
    Terry
  • hi im a dominican passport holder and im travelling to cuba in october. we bought all incl holidays in uk but travel agent told me i need an extra visa not only the turist card. is that right?
  • hi im a dominican passport holder and im travelling to cuba in october. we bought all incl holidays in uk but travel agent told me i need an extra visa not only the turist card. is that right?

THANKS
  • Your Travel Agent is an idiot.

All you need to enter Cuba is your Passport and the Cuban Tourist Card. Period.

Have fun.

Cheers,
    Terry
  • Hi Terry,
    I am an Australian passport holder and travelling to Cuba with my Canadian girlfriend. We are booking an all inclusive resort holiday including airfare and accomodation, and flying Air Canada. I assume we will be receiving the Cuban Passport Card on flight? Also, do you know if my nationality affects my eligibility for an all inclusive holiday from Toronto?
  • For info, Copa Airlines sell tourist cards at check in or the departure gate in Guatamala Airport and and Panama (Tocumen) Airport for $15, and probably in other airports too.
  • Hey terry ,

I am in the US and would like to take a direct flight from Miami to Cuba . I have an Egyptian passport . Can it be done ?
  • 1.) "... I am an Australian passport holder and travelling to Cuba with my Canadian girlfriend. We are booking an all inclusive resort holiday including airfare and accommodation, and flying Air Canada. I assume we will be receiving the Cuban Passport Card on flight? Also, do you know if my nationality affects my eligibility for an all inclusive holiday from Toronto?..."

Yes, your Tourist Card will be included in your holiday package. No worries.

No, your nationality is utterly immaterial. You'll be treated the very same as everyone else.

2.) "... I am in the US and would like to take a direct flight from Miami to Cuba . I have an Egyptian passport . Can it be done?..."

No.

All flights between the US and Cuba are open only to US citizens with an OFAC licence to travel to Cuba.

Cheers,
    Terry
  • Dear Terry,
    I saw somebody already asked you about the possibility of getting a tourist card at CDG in order to fly to Havana with Air France. This person thought it was possible. Do you know if this is an option? I´m planning to fly next Wednesday from Paris and don´t have a visa yet. Many thanks.
  • No clue, but Air France will NOT allow you to board without a Tourist Card so be sure to get this sorted...

Good luck.

Cheers,
    Terry
  • Thanks Terry. I'll make sure I get it before flying to Paris,
  • Hi Terry,

I am a British citizen and my wife is a PR of Canada who holds Iranian Nationality and Passport. We are flying from Toronto to Cuba, do we need to obtain the TC from Cuban embassy? I have bought our tickets and hotel separately and online, no agency.

Thanks,
  • As mentioned above the Tourist Card is a complete non-brainer when departing from Canada. It MUST be supplied to you by your Airline, Tour Operator, Travel Agent, etc. so it's a complete non-issue, no need to deal with the Embassy.

Have fun.

Cheers,
    Terry
  • Many Thanks Terry
  • You're welcome and have fun.

Cheers,
    Terry
  • Hi Terry, we are planing to flight to Cuba via Nassau from Miami(spend 2 or 3 days in Nassau) anf fly out from Havana to Mexico City. Getting the visa in the UK is very expensive. Can I buy the ticket in Nassau airport or the cuban embassy in Nassau town center? how long does it take? how much is it? we will be flying with Bahamassair but I can not see any information on their website regarding the visa. Thanks a lot for your help.
  • Dear petitefrog,

As mentioned repeatedly throughout this thread unlike departing from the UK or Europe the Cuban Tourist Card is a simple issue when departing from North/Central/South America and the Caribbean.

You will always either be given the Tourist Card as part of your ticket or be afforded the opportunity to purchase the Tourist Card right at the airport when you're departing from in Canada, Mexico, Bahamas, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Grand Cayman, Guatemala, Nicaragua, Venezuela, Panama, etc.

Everyone on your flight in Nassau will be purchasing the TC right at check-in. No one can board the aircraft with it.

Have fun.

Cheers,
    Terry
  • Hi Terry, I am a USA citizen but currently living in Netherlands for 3 years, I want to visit Cuba taking flights directly from Amsterdam and then from Havana travel back to USA for a short stay of 7 days with my parents. I read a lot of things about visa, however still no clue what exactly meant for "illegal traveling to Cuba for USA citizens" do you maybe know any risks? Thank you very much!

Michael
  • Read my long post from Oct. 22, 2010 here.

It's still accurate.

Cheers,
    Terry
  • I'm an Australian flying to Cuba Via Gatwick airport with Virgin Atlantic.
    You can get a visa for cuba at their info desk without any problems at all.
    All you need is your passport give them the money and they give you the visa
    was so simple and quick.
    Have fun
    Storm
  • Thanks for that update Storm, I wasn't sure how Virgin was handling things these days. Good to know.

Cheers,
    Terry
  • Hi guys,

My husband and I are from Estonia, living permanently in UK. We are going to Colombia and then Cuba. We know that with Estonian passports we don't need a visa to Colombia, however we do need a tourist card going to Cuba. We will be flying to Havana from Bogota. Do you know if we can get a TC in Botoga airport or already in Havana airport? A bit confused what we can do. One of the tour operators are charging around £80 to process TC, which is a rip-off.

Heeeelp!
    Thank you
  • Dear anastassia,

As mentioned repeatedly throughout this thread unlike departing from the UK or Europe the Cuban Tourist Card is a simple issue when departing from North/Central/South America and the Caribbean.

You will always either be given the Tourist Card as part of your ticket or be afforded the opportunity to purchase the Tourist Card right at the airport when you're departing from Canada, Mexico, Bahamas, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Grand Cayman, Guatemala, Nicaragua, Venezuela, Panama, Colombia, etc.

Everyone on your flight will be purchasing the TC right at check-in. No one can board the aircraft with it.

Have fun.

Cheers,
    Terry
  • Thank you very much, Terry.

Managed to get the travel card sorted today at the Cuban Embassy in London. £15 for everything and no documents were needed apart from the passport and copy of the passport. Hopefully this would help the others who reside in London and try getting the TC sorted. Tourist companies charge ridiculous money for it.
  • If you had mentioned you were in London I would have said the Cuban Embassy located there is another option. As you discovered it's super easy to get the Tourist Card directly from them too.

Have fun. Colombia is my favourite country in South America, I'm sure you'll have a gas there.

Cheers,
    Terry
  • Terry haven't read your comment and your information forum, I will like to asked if a Nigeria passport holder that possess the airport transit for france and connecting to havana and heading to jamaica, will he/she need a tourist card ( Cuba) and if so what cost and who are the agency which can issue this TC. Bear in my mind he/she has the visa for the final destination.
  • Everyone - no matter what your nationality - requires a Cuban Tourist Card to enter and stay in Cuba. You won't be allowed to board the aircraft from your departure airport without it.

If you are simply transiting through Cuba on your way to Jamaica as your final destination then that's a different situation and a Cuban Tourist Card is not required.

Cheers,
    Terry
  • Hi, i'm indonesian and i'm in Montreal right now for multiple entry visa and i want go to cuba or domnican republic for a week...i wonder if i can get visa on arrival in cuba or domincan republic airport ?
  • Dear Tri,

You will receive the Tourist Card with your airline ticket when departing from Canada.

Have fun.

Cheers,
    Terry
  • Dear,
    I am having Indian passport want to visit Cuba on tourist . Can you advice me do i need visa for Cuba.

I want to plan for 5 days trip .  Please guide what i have to do to get visa..
  • There is no Visa required in the traditional sense, all you need is a simple Tourist Card.

You can get one from the Embassy in India
    http://www.cubadiplomatica.cu/india/EN/ConsularServices.aspx#TouristCard
    or sometimes from your airline that's flying to Cuba or sometimes it's
    available for purchase at the airport. No way to answer for sure when
    you give no clue as to how how you're flying to Cuba.

Good luck.

Cheers,

Terry

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged