Lagos scams: pta,bta,mias
  • Does anyone knows a man called Jeffrey Morgan? 40 years with a son called Larry, 9, working at Lagos with a mother in Britain who can not pay for herself?
    He contacted me over Facebook some months ago. The last weeks he is telling me, that he is an engineer for Gas and Oil Worldwide, living in Chula Vista.
    He will fly back to State on Friday and asked me for a thing you called BTA.
    The last weeks he told me, he had not enaugh money for his hotel and food but his hotel-manager, called Ademole Lawal, helped him. He gave me an adress: 41 Shiro Street, Lagos State, Nigeria.

Does anybody knows one of them. They are on facebook.
  • I met african man named Mike Nelson on mate.1 dating site .He claims to be a CEO of an oil and gas company and he is in lagos in Africa trying to sell his company for 16 million dollars.He is in love with me after 4 day of texting and wants to marry me.He claims to live in Brooklyn New York in the United States .He's gonna buy me a house when he comes back to the US in less then 2 weeks but then asks me for 500.00 dollars said he can't access his bank account from Lagos Africa and he will pay me back even wanted to give me his bank info.so I could see how much was in his account.I now believe he may be a scammer does anyone else know of him ??? I thought he was my dream come true.
  • I met this man named Christopher (Chris) Cole on black planet. Chris was always writing the sweetest things possible, always referring to me as Baby, sweetie, he loves me so much etc. We soon exchanged numbers and we would text each other being that there was no charge to me. When we spoke over the phone (him calling me) he sounded nothing like someone from Cuba! He sounded to me like someone from Africa even yet... Nigeria. Soon after we spoke he asked for money for his very sick daughter who was having heart problems. I even spoke with her over the phone. I was suspicious of him and decided to make up another account for yahoo. My new name was Jazzlyn. We started conversing on yahoo. It wasn't long before Chris began telling me the same story...that he was born in Cuba but that his parents were killed by jealous people. He said he managed to get away and went to Washington he slipped one day and said he was from Texas. Right away I knew something was wrong with his story. However, I was so carious as to what he had in stored for me I kept on communicating with him. Chris said he has a daughter who is 6, he has a picture of the two of them on yahoo. Chris and I chatted with one another a few times before he told me he was going to Africa on a business trip, his independent line of business was importing special cars. Well, it took him only a day to reach his location (Africa) and no more then a day after he told me his daughter was in a hospital with Asthma. The next day she was identified with having a hole in the heart. He asked me to send money because down in Africa nothing would be done if money wasn't paid up front. I told him my uncle lived in Detroit and was a reporter for a local paper and that he might be able to help him. Chris responded by saying...Send me the money first because it was really important he get the money right away to save his daughter's life. I told him I will send half the funds which would be about 500 dollars. Chris said that it was important that I send the money via Western Union and that he had an account already with them (lol I'm sure he does!)
    The address he gave me was *Awe Dotun, City: Lagos; State: Lagos; Country: Nigeria; Zip code: 23401. He told me to come back on line when I was done and to give him the MTC number. During all this time he has been texting me telling me that I am his one and only, he does not talk with anyone else on the internet. I said wow! This guy is really good or at least he thinks he his. Now why does he think he can get away with treating North Americans like we are dummies!!! Our kindness should not be taken advantage of by scammers. He must have money to be able to call me and text me everyday. Anyway, I had enough of this game and am now going to tell him the scam I did on him. I will then delete my account. I just wanted others to know to be careful and if you are not sure of the person you are chatting with investigate.
  • I too was being worked on by Silvestre David, we met on singleparentmeet.com and he claimed to be a civil engineer with a 5 yr old daughter named Riley and a wife who passed away 3 yrs ago from breast cancer. He even went as far as to send me a picture of a fake passport... i compared the vital elements with mine and if you do you will see where things don't match. He hasn't asked me for money (yet) and after finding the many comments on this website I told him to P**S off, and that I was planning on reporting him. His grammar is all over the place, and he claims to be a devoted Christian but when I pressed him he got his Bible verses very wrong. I feel bad for the guy who's passport was used.
  • I met this man name Tim Stinson on Match.com and he has a daughter 11 y/o. He said his birthday is Oct 23 and he lives in Charlotte NC. He is an engineer contractor working in Nigeria/Lagos. I found his name and address in the White Pages online. It gave me a Charlotte NC address. I've checked the criminal records and could not find anything on him.

Do anyone out there know how to verify his info in Nigeria? Do anyone have the phone number to the Airline out there to check to see if this person have a plane ticket waiting for him today?
    thanks for your assistance....
  • a Lady named herself Maria Anderson with email address m_and777@hotmail.com and she is a british citizen staying in Mega Palace Hotel in Nigeria - Ibadan. She clamed that she is unable to pay the hotel money and unable to contct nypne to hel her she asked for money to be paid for her room number 101. she asked to pay her ticket so she can come to me where I live nd marry each other also she clamed that the Nigerian government will not let her leave the county without paying BTA is Basic Travelers Allowance and the amount she requested is $3000 upward, to prove to them that I will be financially okay when I got to me, she said the reason why they requested that from me is because of my first time to travel to my country from Nigeria, because most people that travels from Nigeria to any other countries always got there and started robbing due to the fact that they are not financially capable when they got there. she said they told her you cannot leave Nigeria without complying with this protocol.

I didn't believe her and I didn't send the $3000 USD becareful everyone it's a scams - Nigeria Lagos don't trust anyone

Thanks
  • I'm not quite sure if I was getting scammed or not, but now it makes me think I am after reading all the stories here.

I have met this guy through MySpace, and his name is David Alom. He was in the UK, saying he's working in UNICEF. Then he went to Nigeria, as he wanted to process my paper to go with him to the US. When he was there I met another guy, Mr. Smith Wales, who is helping him with the papers. Suddenly too many things happened, and he started asking for money and help from me. I suspected it was a scam, so I started playing with him. I dared him if he's real to show himself to me, which I dare he can't do.
  • Jaq

Any one asking for money its a scam. Please do not send any money. Kiss what you send good bye. Did you send that by Western Union???

How do you know this man? Have you seen this man? Whats his name and how do he contact you?

If anyone is in Hospital in a forgin country their Embassy will know about that. Give them a call or call the hospital directly if concern still.

Please note this is one of the oldest scams out there.

Regards

Angeleyess

PS If you done this through a financail provide like a bank ring the bank and report the story. And contact your police department as I know that there are departments within the western enforencment agents trying to catch or cut down on things like this!
  • Please use much caution with Kevinluvhill@yahoo.com.He claims to be a widower,when in reality,he is married.Claims he lives in th States,he does not.He lives in Nigeria.How can you trust a Civil engineer when he is not a civil engineer, he had taken way over $25.000.00 dollars from my friend and myself. We can never enter a daring,or facebook as we have before
  • i have met a girl in nigeria she sad to me she is from sweden Rita Anderssen .Have ennywone hear from here .I think she is scam she ask me money everytime we speak on hotmail , paying has to be on western union.I did pay few times that she can get to buy food .She say that she loves me and want to marry me and become a happy famely. I also payt for visum and ticket 1200eur for visa and 1500 for ticket .I have payt it at a guy who sed that he works at embassy of nigeria Mr Colling (ennybody know him?).and now he ask me to pay 4500 euro BTA. Wath can or should i do ?
  • JENGAL,DO NOT SEND IT..THAT IS A SCAM.BTA OR PTA DOES NOT EXCIST.BELIEVE ME MY FRIEND,KEVINLUVHILL@YAHOO.COM HAS PULLED EVERY TRICK IN THE BOOK. I WAS HIS FRIEND. HAD HOPED FOR HIM TO THE PERFECT MAN,PERFECT LIAR. CLAIMED HE IS A WIDOWER,YET IS MARRIED.WE MET VIA FACEBOOK,WHEN I MET HIS WIFE,SHE IS JUST A WONDERFULL PERSON,WOMAN.WE ALL LIVE IN SOUTH FLORIDA. HIS WIFE,JUST A GREAT PERSON.HOWEVER,I AM QUITE EMBARASSED AND UPSET. KEVIN HILL IS A SCAMMER,HE REQUESTED SAME FROM ME AND STATED THAT HIS WIFE WILL NEVER FIND OUT.KEVIN HAS TAKEN $260.000 DOLLARS WHICH INCLUDED THE NOTORIOUS B.T.A. I WISH KEVIN HILL ONLY HIS LIES WILL FINALLY BECOME HIS ENEMY. HIS WIFE,LOVELY. TO BAD HE IS A LIAR
  • Im quite upset on how all this has been conducted.That scammer,Kevin Hill,is a compulsive liar and thiesf,I do agree.He has been lying to me as well. However,I was not aware of himbeing married,he told me engaged,with a wonderful woman.But,how much more can a person have.Spokeo states he is a scammer,for future referance,we all need to have him checked. He is quite rude and disrespectful.He will you foul language towards you if you do not do as he says.He can and will be so rude.He will take you out to dry,when you state no, he will become irate towards you.Insult you to the max. I am quite in shock on how he treats you,how can he be with his wife,but,his wife must be a real angel. But his accomplice as well.Hope she can see this and learn how her man is a scammer.
  • Oh by the way, Kevin Hill calims he is an engineer and is very well he is lying.Will want money for alot of things,upsetting.He has no class,no education
  • I am in complete shock.I to have been scammed by that Kevin HilL person.He is up to no good.All he cares for is the money you send.He to stated to me him being a widower.But he told me that his wife is dead,not alive.Much to my disbelief,he was speaking to this woman when I went to send him what he requested,money of course,he had stated that he was unable to leave,had no money.Lodge,food,bills.Evevn asked me for so much from me I almost had to sleep in a shelter.People,please use caution with this fake.His wife is very much alive.I to had hime checked.His wife lifes,yes in the United States,God knows how she is doing.While he has all theses photos of a luxurious house.Maybe not his.Kevin Hill is a bad example to many.All must use caution towards him.He then will have you want to shack up with him,or his friends.In Lagos. Good Luck buster.Take care of your wife
  • i meet this girl from logos nig and she said she want to come to be with me in the usa and she was suppose to have her ticket to come and ready to fly then she said that the people at the airport told her she had to have 1500.00 to have for holding bta money to fly is this the truth or is she just trying to scam me out of the money or dose she really need it to live her country
  • I have a lady who is coming to the USA with me she got this from the below Office of Ministry of Avation. Is this real can anyone tell me as It will be soon to send themoney to her. I took uut the name and her Passport number.

MINISTRY OF AVIATION
    5, ALAGBON CLOSE ,IKOYI LAGOS ,
    62550 IKOYI
    NIGERIA.

Ref: KL0810/ATA/10 Date: 11/05/2012

RE: AVIATION TRAVELING ALLOWANCE FOR MS OLA ROSELINE BEN, PASSPORT NUMBER: B0507854

I hereby inform you that the above passenger Ms Passport #: will not be allowed to travel if she has not met the requirements of the Aviation Policy as stated in the Enhanced Passenger Assessment & Clearance Act, 2007 provided for all traveler’s international travel.

We have been directed that no passenger(s) should be allowed to board any airline unless holding the relevant Air Travel Allowance (ATA) Card as per the aviation policy, to which this passenger is not an exception.

Any airline that does not adhere to this stipulated order and regulation will have its license revoked because of the international regime to maintain legitimate order while migrating to other countries or visiting as a tourist.

The Air Travel Allowance is a charge of Five Thousand United States Dollars ($5,000.00 USD) which is the amount stated for passenger(s) traveling from Nigeria to the United State for three months (3months)

This traveling allowance so charged will be refunded to the passenger(s) after checking that he / she has the certain amount to live and stay in United State for three months. It is to show that the passenger(s) will not constitute financial or social dispute on arriving at the designated country.

On arrival at the Atlanta Georgia International Airport, United State, she will need to provide to the appropriate authority with the provided ATA Card (Air Travel Allowance) which will be issued at the Muritala Mohammed International Airport before departure.

The Civil Aviation Ministry & the Immigration Department are together assessing a larger number of passengers by cross-checking relevant data with intelligence, border management and law enforcement agencies for enhanced security and thus we would appreciate your co-operation with the same.

Thank you for your continual co-operation. We are here to serve you better.

Representative and Dispatch,
    Mrs. Rose Chinyere Uzoma.
  • @hunter:

This is a classic scam. Why would the Nigerian government care if she has enough money while she's in the US?
  • Thank you all for your good comments. I started to chat with a girl who claimed to be an American girl from LA, named Anita Morgan but taking care of her mom in Nigeria, lagos. After some time she started to express her love to me and said we should see each other and plan for our future. Once, I saw her on web cam and some pictures she sent to me. At the first step. she asked me to help her for her flight booking for 750$ and unfortunately I transferred it to her. I am from IRAN and we wanted to meet in Istanbul. But after that she wrote to me about this BTA and asked 1400$. I was doubtful about that, so I searched in internet and thanks God I found this site. As soon as I read the comments, I came back to her telling that I cant come and please return my money I need it for a work mission. I said we can meet each other in a couple of weeks and at that time I will pay your BTA and also the whole price of your ticket, some temptations, she said she would return my money. I dont think she will pay me back that money but I am happy that I have found out these scams in your site. In IRAN we say the sooner you stop the loss,is your benefit. If didnt see your site, I would pay that 1400$.

Thank you all
  • Hello, i feel like such a moron. My mum inlaw started talking to this guy from the UK who said he was a widowed artist with 1 son and no other family, he asked for help to send his Brass goods back to the UK from Nigeria and he would head to us after that and pay us back. He even sent us, what looked like, legit ticket info when he claimed the tickets were booked.

Anyway, my partner (her son) and i sent him all up $600 (including processing fees.) via Western Union. And mum messaged him to say we sent the money, everything was good until he asked for another $3,700 to pay for PTA and that he can't leave Nigeria, until at least $2,000 was paid. I was fuming! I got online and looked up PTA and when i seen what it really meant, i felt so disgusted in myself. All i want is for her to be happy and i don't care what the cost is BUT tonight i just couldn't take it. I feel like such a pathetic moron that i have just wasted $600 on this, i feel like a worthless mother for my 2 children.
  • I met a woman on Facebook. Said she was a hair stylist and lived in Great Britian. When her father died, her mother, moved back to her native county Nigeria. Her father was British. From Britian she sent money to Nigeria to help out her mother. Occassionally, she visited her mother in Lagos, Nigeria. She went down for Christmas and has been there since then. I sent her up to $1500 for a plane ticket and VISA. She said she had $1000 she was adding to what I had given her. She invited me to be a friend of hers on Yahoo Messenger. She said when she came to America, we'd get married and she'd have my kids. She also said when she came to America, she'd cook all my meals. She ask me if I had a car and said she'd be my chaffeur. She said when she got a hair styling job, she would start helping me pay my monthly bills. On the day of the flight, I got a frantic call from Stella. That's her name, Stella Walton. Saying Immigration wouldn't let her leave without paying a $3000.00 BTA. The so-called immigration agent even called me back, telling me that Stella was sitting on a bench crying, waiting for me to send her $3000.00.
  • I have ment a young man same thing happen but I didn't fall for it he was a model and had to go back to nigeria for something and I forgot wat it was when he first got there he need money for food I didn't send him no money and then he got bite by something and need 550med didn't send him no money and now his car need fix that was going to cost him500 to get fix didn't send him nothing he gose _by daneil sedo
  • This his email addy morengar@yahoo.com
  • And his yahoo id on his I'm is ineedagirltobe I have
  • Pic if anyone thinks his the same dude
  • I need some help. My aunt is sending money to a man in Lagos. She will not believe me that he is not in the army. I have asked to stop but he has told her he will come marry her after she sends him the money to get him here with her. Please i need to know how to show her that he does not love her.
  • Hotmom: If he's in the army, then all his travel costs will be taken care of. Servicemen do NOT have to pay for their flights, accommodation, or per diem.

Please have her read this thread. There are so many stories just like hers, hopefully you can help her avoid an unhappy ending.

• I met this man named Christopher (Chris) Cole on black planet. Chris was always writing the sweetest things possible, always referring to me as Baby, sweetie, he loves me so much etc. We soon exchanged numbers and we would text each other being that there was no charge to me. When we spoke over the phone (him calling me) he sounded nothing like someone from Cuba! He sounded to me like someone from Africa even yet... Nigeria. Soon after we spoke he asked for money for his very sick daughter who was having heart problems. I even spoke with her over the phone. I was suspicious of him and decided to make up another account for yahoo. My new name was Jazzlyn. We started conversing on yahoo. It wasn't long before Chris began telling me the same story...that he was born in Cuba but that his parents were killed by jealous people. He said he managed to get away and went to Washington he slipped one day and said he was from Texas. Right away I knew something was wrong with his story. However, I was so carious as to what he had in stored for me I kept on communicating with him. Chris said he has a daughter who is 6, he has a picture of the two of them on yahoo. Chris and I chatted with one another a few times before he told me he was going to Africa on a business trip, his independent line of business was importing special cars. Well, it took him only a day to reach his location (Africa) and no more then a day after he told me his daughter was in a hospital with Asthma. The next day she was identified with having a hole in the heart. He asked me to send money because down in Africa nothing would be done if money wasn't paid up front. I told him my uncle lived in Detroit and was a reporter for a local paper and that he might be able to help him. Chris responded by saying...Send me the money first because it was really important he get the money right away to save his daughter's life. I told him I will send half the funds which would be about 500 dollars. Chris said that it was important that I send the money via Western Union and that he had an account already with them (lol I'm sure he does!) 
    The address he gave me was *Awe Dotun, City: Lagos; State: Lagos; Country: Nigeria; Zip code: 23401. He told me to come back on line when I was done and to give him the MTC number. During all this time he has been texting me telling me that I am his one and only, he does not talk with anyone else on the internet. I said wow! This guy is really good or at least he thinks he his. Now why does he think he can get away with treating North Americans like we are dummies!!! Our kindness should not be taken advantage of by scammers. He must have money to be able to call me and text me everyday. Anyway, I had enough of this game and am now going to tell him the scam I did on him. I will then delete my account. I just wanted others to know to be careful and if you are not sure of the person you are chatting with investigate.
    THAT IS ANOTHER PERSONS STORY SIMILAR TO MINE THE DIFFERENCE IS HIS NAME WITH ME WAS JAMES COLE HE NEVER CALLED ME WE ONLY TEXT HIS EXCUSE HE IS NOT INTO NETWORKING HIS PARENTS LIVED IN CUBA HE WON A LOTTERY AND CAME TO THE STATES WHICH THEY ACCOMMODATE HIM IN COLLEGE 20 YEARS AGO HE WAS A CAR DEALER @ AFRICA AT THE MOMENT WORKING 3 YEARS LATER  GUEST WAS VERY BRIGHT I BELIEVED HIM AND SEND HIM @ THAT SAME INFORMATION I SENT HIM 500 DOLLAR LAST NIGHT BUT    HE IS EXPECTING ME TO SEND 2OO MORE TOMORROW BUT I DECIDED TO LOOK UP THAT NAME AWE AND LOOK WHAT SHOWED UP A SIMILAR STORY FROM  3 YEARS AGO. BECAUSE ON JAMES COLE I DID NT FIND ANYTHING  I THINK WESTERN UNION SHOULD HAVE HIM ON FILE  THANK GOD I PUT A DIFFERENT ADDRESS ON THE WESTERN UNION RECEIPT  

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged