24 hours in Budapest what is there to do?
  • I have to go to Budapest next week for one meeting and will have 24 hours to spare to explore the city. What is there to do in Budapest for 24 hours? Any itinerary suggestions?
  • Try looking here: http://www.budapest.com/

Hope it helps,
    Roger
  • ok, I have just returned - here are some ideas for what to do in Budapest. Stay in Brody House - a really cool hotel right in the centre (in Pest) and also good value at around £50 per night. Start the morning with a walk or a run up Gellért Hill from where you can get a wonderful view of the city. Have breakfast in Cafe Alibi (cafealibi.hu), in downtown. Then wander around the city street - the centre is very compact and you can see all the main sites in quite a small area - take in the Fishermans Bastion, the Royal Palace (at the top of Castle Hill), the Parliament buildings and the great Synagogue and jewish museum (this is the largest Synagogue in the world, outside the US - almost half a million jews were murdered by the Nazis in 1944). For lunch try Big Fish which is Budapest's first ever seafood bistro - it is owned by the guy who also owns the fish market in Budapest and - with the country being landlocked - is probably the only place in the city to eat good fresh fish (Andrássy út 44, Budapest 1061, Pest, District 6+36 30 694 2855). Have a look at this wordtravels.com page for more ideas of what to see in Budapest. If you are there for more than 24 hours, you could escape to Catherine's Cottages (catherinesvineyardcottages.com)- they are tiny, snug little cottages surrounded by vineyards and lavender. A good romantic option.
  • I visited Budapest, yes, it is a beautiful city. Another city dressed in marmura, eastern Europe is Bucharest, at least downtown, Parliament House.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged