Best Honeymoon destination in Madagascar?
  • We're planning our honeymoon in Madagascar in May 2010 since this is the drier season. We'll be in the country for just under 2 weeks. Where is the best place (ie. romantic) to spend the most part of our honeymoon. We'd preferably like something not too touristy on the coast and a bit more secluded, but somewhere also very beautiful.

We'd also like to spend a few days exploring other parts of the island. Are there any must-see places or attractions worth seeing? Any advice, suggestions or experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance
  • Hi,
    Madagascar is one of Paradise island in Indian Ocean so you have good choice to spend your honeymoon in this country ,it's big country so that's means you can't explore in 2 weeks and i think you need to relax on the beach and visit the park so i want to recommand you as the east part start fly from Tana to St Marie then relax on the beach there , practise your water sport then take boat to Sonierana Ivongo drive from here to Tamatave pass at Foulpointe then take boat on Pangalane channel then straight to Anadasibe where you'll find the largest lemur called "Indri Indri " and reptiles as chameleon, snake.....after here drive back to Tana.
    If you like i would to recommand you as freelance guide who can organise your tours there , he has car for hiring and he speaks english fluently, we have unforgettable visit with his service and he has knowledges about this country as story, cultures, wildlife and so on.....so contact him for more information with this adress:fihlusko07@hotmail.com.
    Good luck!!!!
    Ken
  • Hi,
    I was in Madagascar in 2005. It is a few years ago I know... But I'm still in contact with the fabulous guide we had. He has his own website. check it out. www.rijatours.mg We saw the most beautiful places and he's a wonderful cook :)
    Esther
  • Hi,
    I must endorse Esther's comments. I found Rija through posts on Thorn Tree - they spoke of a great guide who went the extra mile.
    We booked him for a 2 week trip from Tana down to Toliara. He was amazing. Met us at the airport and took us to his home to complete the paperwork. He booked great places to stay and told so much about this amazing country. On the tour one of our group had a birthday, and he assisted with a surprise birthday cake while we were in Ranohira, a tiny town at the entrance to Isoala National Park. He and his driver drove a considerable distance to find a place which could ice the cake with wording, while we went exploring the national Park. His website has several tour options. It would be well worth contacting him for advice on options for your trip, as he is very flexible in restructuring his tours. His pricing was also very competitive.
    The Lemur Park outside Tana is a great place to see a good variety of Lemurs up close in a very natural setting. Distances between places is an issue as it takes so long to get from A to B by road. You really need a guide to help you plan what you want and Rija covers all the options.
    Hope you enjoy your trip as much as we did. We will definitely return and go w\ith Rija again - much wiser this time.
  • Hi there,
    I'm Luc Rabearison and I'm a Holiday Planner in madagascar. I want to thank you for all the compliment you do to my country...Indeed madagascar a paradise for those who are looking for peace, 5 stars nature, beautiful beaches and relax. If you want to visit the big island of madagascar, please feel free to get in touch with me, I'll be pleased to help you. My email address is accompagnatoregasy@libero.it
  •  Hi For a very special and more unusual honeymoon, Madagascar offers unique wildlife, beautiful tropical beaches and secluded luxury. you stay in two top quality beach lodges, both of which have impressive services, good food and wonderful surroundings.
  • I would like to recommend you heading to the south follow the national road 7 to Toliara but you can drive to Andasibe first, after the south fly to the north west to Nosy Be island for the beach relaxing.
  • What is the best resort to stay there?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion