Entry visa requirements for Tunisia
  •  This Tunis Embassy really shit... I applied in indonesia because i will be in the Philippines at the time im waiting for visa but they did not accept my application coz the only reason is my ticket is manila to osaka,,osaka
    to tunis (no transit passenger allow in TUNIS??????)and I should apply in Tokyo embassy,  coz i will meet my son in osaka and bring him with me in
    tunisia(my son is japanese). for vacation.I all have all the documents they needed. Iam
    financially stable,invitation letter from Tunisia,confirmed hotel booking and plane,travel insurance..etc..  and have a residence visa in Japan so never in my mind to immigrate in tunisia country!!!And The Tunis tokyo embassy staff are really all RUDE,,,Iam really Upset
  • Myangel143,

You do not say what your nationality is but your son as a Japanese citizen will be granted a visa at the airport.

Have a look here:-

Who requires a visa for Tunisia?
    Most nationalities including those from the US, Canada and the UK do not need a visa to enter Tunisia as a tourist. If your nationality is not on the following list, then you should contact the Tunisian Embassy and apply for a visa. 
    You do NOT need a tourist visa if you belong to one of the following countries: Algeria, Antigua, Austria, Bahrain, Barbados, Belgium, Belize, Bermuda, Bosnia & Herzegovina, British Virgin Islands, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Cote d’, Croatia, Denmark, Dominica, Falkland Is, Fiji, Finland, France, Gambia, Germany, Gibraltar, Gilbert Islands, Greece, Guinea, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland Rep, Italy, Japan, Kiribati, Korea (South), Kuwait, Libya, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malaysia, Mali, Malta, Mauritania, Mauritius, Monaco, Montenegro, Montserrat, Morocco, Netherlands, Niger, Norway, Oman, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Saint Helena, St. Kitts & Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent & Grenadines, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Slovenia, Solomon Is, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United States, Vatican City and Yugoslavia. 
    Nationals of Australia and South Africa can obtain their tourist visa upon arrival at the airport, but double check with the Tunisian Embassy.

What documents will be required?
    Your passport must be valid for at least six months after you enter Tunisia. You will get a stamp in your passport upon entry into the country (make sure you get it) which will allow you to stay for 3 months. No entry fees are charged.

Time required to issue visa:
    The visa application in the Tunisian Embassy is usually processed in 5 business days. In some cases, the Tunisian Embassy must request authorization from their home office in Tunisia, which can increase the processing time of your application from 1 to 3 weeks.

How long is the visa valid for?
    The Tunisian Visa is valid for 90 days from the date of issue.

Embassy contact information: 
    Please contact the nearest Embassy of Tunisia for information on what
    documentation you may require to enter Tunisia.

and here http://tunisia.embassyhomepage.com/tunisian_visa_inform

• hi i am Filipino citizen holding a Philippine passport i want to ask if there is possibility that i can get a visa going to Tunisia i have an employer there they want to get me to take care of their kids what visa do i need to get i have already my contract, the flight reservation ticket as well as my passport please can you help me on this matter? i will wait your reply thanks god bless and more power
  • im traveling this week to tunisa from england, and i have kosovan. i have booked my holiday becouse the tunisian embasy told me that i need proofe. then i waited for 2 weeks and then they said to me that i cant get a visa from them, i will get the visa when i go there. please give me more info.

• I'm Philippine passport Holder not yet citizen here in Canada. I just want to know if I get visa going to Cuba?

Please I need some advise...thank you..Bess.
  • Dear All

I am from India. I work in Saudi Arabia.. I have resident permit,
    I want to visit tunisia as tourist , so I need to know, What is requirement for tourist visa?
    Please suggest.

• It is irrelevant that you live and work in Saudi Arabia. You are an Indian citizen therefore you must apply for a visa to enter Tunisia before you travel
  • Assalam alaikum sister, and Shukran for your response,
    Can you tell me or give me some idea what is the requirement for applying Visa?
    As I know, I should have Valid passport
    I have to book flight ticket and hotel reservations before applying for visa, and beside that what other relevant documents needed, if you have any idea, it would be helpful for me?

• Afwan brother,

These are the requirements for applying for the visa. Please note you must apply in person.

• Passport must be signed & valid for at least 6 months beyond intended stay.
    • At least one blank page available for the visa stamp 
    • Visa Application Forms – Link fully completed and signed.
    • 1 Passport-type photographs required.
    • Copy of airline tickets or itinerary.

Bettawfeeq
  • Can a Venezuelan passport holder enter Tunisia and
    obtain the necessary visa on arrival or must this be prearranged before travel?

I should stay there a week.

Please if you can give a link I appreciate it.

Thanks

• Venezualans do require a visa to enter Tunisia , you need to apply at the Tunisian embassy in your home country  http://www.learn4good.com/travel/tunisia_visas.htm#req
  • I'm a Philippine passport holder and i wanted to visit Tunisia in October, but I am a resident of UAE, would I need a visa?
     My designation is Assistant Manager in my residency in UAE, can i acquire visa on arrival
  • Where you live and your employment is irrelevant. You are a Philippine citizen therefore you must apply for a visa to enter Tunisia before you travel
  • Hi,

Anybody tell me plzzz that is there any medical clearance requirement needed for Work Visa (or any other visa category) in Tunisia just like KSA and other Gulf countries?????
  • There does not appear to be medical requirements for work visas
    That is because Tunisia hires hardly any expatriate workers compared to the UAE and KSA
  • Please its very urgent.

We are a group of Egyptian traveling to Amsterdam via tunis airlines but we will transit at carthage airport for 14 hours and we want to book a hotel rooms and stay over the night there , can we get the visa at the airport as we have a schengen visa on our passport ? Or do we need to obtain visa from tunisia embassy in Cairo as we leaving on 31 july and there are Aid holidays and we cant risk to visit the embassy on 27 july only 4 days before our trip any ideas ?
  • I think you have left it far too late to apply for a transit visa. Processing of visas in the Tunisian  Embassy can take between 2 and fifteen days. Because of the Eid holidays and the closure of the Embassy you have no time to apply for a transit visa 

I took this from the Tunisian Visa Service guide, It seems you maybe ok as you have the Schengen visa and evidence of your onward travel.

TUNISIA TRANSIT VISAS: Required by all except those as noted above and those continuing their journey by the same or first connecting aircraft within 48 hours provided holding confirmed tickets and documents. It is at the discretion of the Immigration Office if passengers are allowed to leave the airport during transit. 
    In these instances, details must be submitted prior to arrival into Tunisia.
    Nationals of Lebanon & Syria must continue their journey within 24 hours - if longer a visa/transit visa is required.
    Transit visas are required at all times by nationals of: Bolivia, China (Peoples Republic), Colombia, Ghana, Iran, Israel, New Zealand, Peru, Philippines, Singapore & Sri Lanka.

• Thank you so much i appreciate your effort and hope we find no problem entring tunis and enjoy our stay there
  • I am a UK citizen travelling to Tunisia on 13th August for one week.  My passport is valid for just under 6 months after my return.  Do I need to renew my passport before travelling?  The UK Government website says that passport only needs to be valid for duration of trip but other websites seem to suggest that it needs to be valid for 6  months after travel.  Please help as I do not have long to sort this before I travel!
  • As a UK citizen your passport only needs to be valid for the duration of your stay in Tunisia. Many travel websites will always advise you to have six months validity when you travel, but this is only a precaution. You should have no issues at all.
  • Ella is absolutely correct and so is the British government. https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/tunisia/entry-requirements
  • Hi Alethia ,
    Eid Mubarak .. kol sana tathaieb...
    I would like to know the real score of entering Tunisia since my destination is Libya. I am a Filipino working there and beacause of the current situation, we rerouted our flight from Tunisia to Dubai then to the Philippines and vice versa. We were able to secure entry visa to Tunisia at the boarder when we traveled by land. The Million dollar question or clarification which tickles the brains of many is this;
    CAN THEY GIVE US A TRANSIT VISA ONCE WE ARRIVE AT THE ENTRY POINT IN TUNISIA? OR IS IT NEEDED TO HAVE ONE IN JAKARTA, INDONESIA SINCE ITS THE ONE CATERING TO SOUTH EAST ASIAN NATIONALS?

Thank u so much and We would be delighted hearing from you...

Maasalam...
  • Dav...eid mubarek, right now the situation is unclear and confused between Libya and Tunis. To make sure I would organise your transit visa before you get to Tunis. But you should check if borders are open etc. The situation in Tripoli is very bad. If you have f/book, there is a group called expats in Libya and they are giving live updates every day. Try to be in contact with them for safety and other issues.
  • Thanks Lesley,,
    Yah it is about ti be failed state i believe. Anyhow, we pray that Allah enlighten their minds to stop fighting. I have to get visa then in Jakarta..
    Thani... Shukran katheer Akuy..
  • Hello Lesley
    Eid Mubarak !

I just read your comment above to davzcapz26. You are kind enough to arrange the transit visa for him.
    I have similar problem, my mother will be travelling to Tunisia on 9th August but her destination is Libya. Cab you help her to get the transit visa? Can it be provided on the airport. We are trying to get one before leaving from India but if she will not be able to get one is it possible it can be done at Tunis airport?

Please assist.
    Jafar

• Jafar......sorry I do not organise visa at all, it was just a figure of speech meaning that if it was me that is what I would do. I am not sure if your mother can get a transit visa at the airport and right now there are no flights to tripoli. There is now govt discussions about closing our borders. Eid mabrouk and inchallah you can find solution
  • Dav, inchallah you will be safe
  • i am masum . i got visa letter from Tunisian embassy in Pakistan and a letter from consulate office in Bangladesh . they give me a letter and visa number  said now u are on arrival u get visa from tunis air port  it make problem in about visa when i will reach tunis air port ?
  • These are bona fide letters so you have no problems, take your letters and hand them in at Tunis airport.
  • Alethia........great to have you around. Your knowledge on visa issues is invaluable
  • Hi  Alethia

This is regarding the transit visa of Tunisia.

Do you have the web address of the Tunisia embassy in New Delhi, India??  I searched on Google but it was able to locate. Several websites give phone numbers of Tunisia embassy but no one pick the call at embassy. I am trying from last 7 days.

Jafar
  • Hi,
    I'm an Indian citizen and I'm gonna get married to a Tunisian girl. I had already applied for a visit visa with an official invitation letter from her but the embassy denied my visa without a reason.
    I just wana know if she can apply a fiance visa for me from Tunisia or if I can apply for the fiance visa at the Tunisian embassy in India. If yes what documents would I need...?
    I will highly appreciate any help I can get.
  • Jjafar, I found it easily......B 9/6, vasant Vihar 110057
    tel 91 11 26145346/49/01
    fax 91 11 26145301
    email (there is no website it seems for new delhi)embtundelhi@dishnetdsl.net

hope thst helps
  • Mohammed, They should have given you a reason. Not sure that we have a fiance sponsored visa but perhaps Alethia can assist you with that in the meantime I will try to find out. For sure if your fiancee sponsor you she must undertake to support you in every way, so unless she has a job it will be slim chance
  • Mohammed you need to apply for a Tunisian Marriage Visa which is provided for a extended period prior to a wedding based on a proven relationship with a Tunisian citizen or resident. I think you will find it hard to prove a relationship as you have never met. 

The problem here is that although many Tunisian men marry foreign women, it is not so often that Tunisian women marry foreign men. One good thing is that you are Muslim as if you were not you would have to convert.

Unless you are legally resident and speak the language you will have  great difficulty finding employment in Tunisia as jobs must go to Tunisians first.
    Foreigners are not allowed to do jobs which Tunisians could normally fill. There are special provisions for foreign-owned or off-shore companies. As a general rule, job seekers should only sign properly drawn-up contracts offered by an employer and which have been endorsed by Ministry of Social Affairs 
  • Thank you for the details Alethia.
    I have been with my fiancé for more than a year in India. And we decided to get married in Tunisia amongbher family and friends.
    The job in Tunisia is also not a problem for me.
    My only issue is getting there. And I am sorry to say that Tunisian embassy in India has extremely poor management and operations. Totally unprofessional.
    I submitted for my visa on 22 may. I wasn't allowed to go inside the embassy to submit either. I had to handover my passport and documents to the security guard outside the premises. I didn't get a reference number or any sort of acknowledgement of submission. I Was just told that the visa will be issued in 12 days.
    And so I waited for 15 days and I still didn't receive any update. So I called and the lady on the phone said it will take 3 to 4 more days. So again I waited and called back after 4 days. At that time I was told RUDELY that it will take more time and that if I cannot wait, I can come and collect my passport back. So as u can imagine, I had my fiancé waiting for me in Tunisia and I really wanted to be there and so I waited in the hope that I'll get it in a few more days. But then on 28th or 29th June they call me and say my visa had been denied and that I should collect my passport back. When I asked them for a reason, I was told that the embassy doesn't provide reasons.
    I collected my passport the next day. They wasted more than one month of my time.
    It was extremely disappointing and surprising.

So that's why I want to know if I can provide them with some documents proving my marriage and what the documents would be.

I apologize for the stretch. But I hope you can understand my situation.

Thanks. :)
  • And also, thank you Lesley. I will appreciate all the help I can get.
  • Mohammad, I am an immigration lawyer and I believe you should have married in India as I think you will have great difficulty as an unmarried man entering Tunisia. I base my comments on the fact you have been refused
    without a reason and frankly as Tunisia has no immigration system there is no right of appeal and that is why they can refuse you without a reason.

Frankly you and your fiancée should have checked out all your options before she returned to Tunisia. Most women want to marry with their family there but sometimes we have to make different plans.
  • Thanks for the info.
    I appreciate it.
  • Your very welcome, I wish there was more that I could do.
  • Alethia,
    My fiancé is going to come to India and we are planning to get married here in India. She would like to contact you for some advice if you'd be so kind to provide me with your email or a contact number so I can forward it to her.
    Thanks again.
  • My business email is info@astonlawptractice.com. I will be out of the office for the next weeks as I am on my travels but I will be logging in.
  • Thank you :)
  • I thought you were based in Tunisia.
  • Mohammed, I am in Tunisia. I have some names of advocates here. What is the advice she need. If you prefer you can contact me on email.
  • Thank u Lesley, that would be very nice. Please give me your email ID. I will get in touch with you
  • Mohammed.......lesley.khedhiri@hotmail.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged