Shopping for Suits in Bangkok
  • I have heard of many tailors in Bangkok hongkong singapore etc. I will be travelling to Bangkok in a bit any recomendation to any clothier in the city.
    Thankyou.
  • Well, one that i'd personally recommend you to try is Crown Tailors inside of Sukhumvit soi 8. Good work and fun to deal with.
  • When i newly visited Bangkok in 1990 I had a bad experience with a tailor that i was recommended by a TUK TUK Driver while i was in Bangkok.
    Paid 20000 Baht for a suit and it did not turn up that well until a friend recommended me to Excelsior opposite Le meridien bangkok
    The price was reasonable and the quality worldclass. I have visited them 3 times now and they have famous celebrity visit them range from Molly meldrum of Australia to Elijah woods from hollywood.
    The service was good and the workmanship awesome.
  • I've read some horrendous stories of people being ripped off or having bad experience with tailor made clothes.
    Best to find out about some good places. My personal tailors are also based in Bangkok, Savile Row. However, I have also heard good stuff about DAKS shops so maybe worth checking out both. G'luck!
  • Never take advice on shopping from a tuk-tuk driver. They will always be trying to get a kick-back from a certain shop/tailor and hence their advice is far from impartial. Visit tailors yourself, and ask to see their guest book where previous clients have left feedback. Make sure the comments are frequent and recent. Also ask the concierge at a good hotel - they pride themselves on providing good information. Finally, ask around the backpackers and get some recommendations for a good tailor there.
  • Suprised seeing so many clothier shops in Bangkok. But only few are good ones. Avoid Tuk Tuk shops and the recommendation of limousines or the Bell boy conceirge etc . They will surely send you to places where they get few comission in return.
  • I am a big fan of Tom's Fashion. His website is TomsFashion.com and the address is 19, Soi Preeda, Sukhumvit Soi 8, Bangkok 10110, Thailand

"Best service I can remember getting while shopping. Very friendly and helpful. I wasn't sure about how to pick options for a custom tailored suit, but they took me through it step-by-step. Amazing product! I am extremely happy with the way my suits, pants and shirts came out and will definately be ordering more in the future. They also have excellent ties."
  • Hi Tom, Definitely tailor Toms Fashion is the best for perfect fitting. I made four suits and three shirts when I was in Bangkok, Quality and design were amazing and I am very happy to them. I will be thankful for the delivery on time. Thanks
    www.tomsfashion.com
  • Tried universal tailors on silom road on a recommendation of a friend! Was very satisfied with the quality, workmanship and service. High recommended!
  • Top four tailors in bangkok are narin couture, perry,savilerowfashion and july tailor. hope this information helps 

• We were a bit confused on where to go for tailored suits especially with the volume of tailors in Bangkok! After some research on trip advisor and from our hotel we decided on Savilerow Tailor sukhumvit 22 . We were not disappointed. Sam and other staff were excellent assistants and never tired with all of our changes and requests. They were attentive, friendly and easy to work with. Worth paying that little but extra. 

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged