How about Turkey in December?
  • I'm planning to visit Turkey(Istanbul-Izmir-Selcuk-Pamukkale-Cappadocia-Istanbul) in this December 2013. i have 7 days to visit. I'm from Thailand. Please feed back me. Many thanks in advance.
  • We go in dec. and jan. the first year we went it was 18 to 20 C. The next year it rained for 3 days. The next time it was 3-6 C. We love turkey had a wonderful time and am going back at christmas this year. Have fun and don't forget to go to sofia
  • Hi there,
    The coastal resorts in Turkey all but shut down in the winter months as this is off-peak for tourists, but the winters in Turkey are pretty mild (although they can be wet). If you don't mind a bit of rain and aren't planning a beach holiday then December is not a bad time to visit because it is less crowded and cheaper. Both Istanbul and Cappadocia can get cold and may even get light snow in winter so be sure to take some warm clothes.
  • Cappadocia in winter, is covered with snow,It's very beautiful. But it was very cold (-12 degree Celsius during the day, - 18 Celsius during the night )The down point of visiting Turkey in winter is that some roads to the historical sites are closed. 

Turkey can be cold and wet or snowing The south down around Alanya can be warmer in December 18 or 20 Degres C.

Pearl, Sofia is in Bulgaria not Turkey.
  • Believe me, will be cold!!!
  • Just get yourself winter clothes it pretty cold over there...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion