Things to do in Nairobi for one day?
  • Hello - we will be stopping off in Nairobi for one day at the end of our holiday in Kenya, what suggestions does everyone have of things to do in Nairobi to fill one day. We are staying in the Serena Hotel near the city centre.
  • Hi, Nairobi gets a bad rep for tourist activities but in truth there is plenty to see and do in the city. Here are a few ideas on how to spend the day in Nairobi: http://www.wordtravels.com/Cities/Kenya/Nairobi/Attractions
  • Hi, The baby elephant orphanage and the giraffe feeding centre are great--both a little way outside city centre. (earlier poster included link to those.) I also enjoyed visiting the Kazuri Bead place. Kazuri was set up to provide jobs and health insurance for single mothers, and now exports brilliant jewelry around the world. Kazuri, Langata giraffe centre and Karen Blixen sights are all relatively close so would make a nice day out of town. A little less typical, but I also enjoyed a brief drive through the Kibera slum as a lifestyle contrast to the shady lanes of Karen and Langata. My friend Jacob is a Luo and a taxi driver and took me through the Luo section of Kibera, which he decided was safe enough for a white lady from NZ.
  • Apart from what has been mentioned above, you can also visit Oloolua nature trail, Bombas of Kenya, Lang'ata Botanical garden,Karura forest or take a hike up Nong Hills.
  • Just to reply to my own post on good things to do in Nairobi. The elephant orphanage is an absolutely must see - it is wonderul.
  • TAKE A TRANSFER TO A CITY HOTEL.REFRESH AND BREAKFAST.
    SUGGEST A CITY TOUR.
    The Nairobi National Park:excurtion
    the Karen blixen
    the giraffe centre
    the railways museum
    bomas of Kenya
    od Sherdrricks baby elephant orphanage
    are places of intrest you may choose to visit its all witnin 10 KM FROM THE CITY WITH A DINNER AT CARNIVOURE REST
  • if you wish to experience a different life style you can as well do a slum adventure to one of the slums in Nairobi and you will be welcomed by smiles from the residents.i did so with kairi Tours and Safaris,the link is here http://www.kairitravels.com/index.php/slum-adventure.html
  • Also try Benrah Safaris .They have very pocket friendly prices and best of all they work with your budget .I am for real this guys are just the best .My contact person responds to travel@benrahsafaris.com they will never let you down .I went for a Nairobi tour and they gave me an adventure

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged